Boil a pan of water until the water disappears. Where does it go?

Go move to one of the dozen or so Pacific Island nations that are now underwater and say that.

How about off Western Cuba?

underwater_pyramids_off_cuba.jpg

or Japan

Japan_15.jpg

India

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Lost city found off Indian coast

Other

http://weburbanist.com/2007/09/12/underwater-urban-archeology-7-submerged-wonders-of-the-world/

Last edited:
The Gospel of Michael Mannthew 17:20

"Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a boiling pan of water, you can say to Florida, "Snow!" and it will snow in Georgia and Florida"

The Gospel of AGWCult. Can I get an "Amen" (Aka: Peer review)

Go move to one of the dozen or so Pacific Island nations that are now underwater and say that.

How about off Western Cuba?

or Japan

Japan_15.jpg

India

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Lost city found off Indian coast

Tectonic plates are not static. The reason 30 ft walls in Japan didn't hold back 30 ft waves was because the land the walls were on fell 15 ft. But you knew that.

Every culture on the planet has a legend of the Great Flood. Where did that water come from?

Tectonic plates are not static. The reason 30 ft walls in Japan didn't hold back 30 ft waves was because the land the walls were on fell 15 ft. But you knew that.

Every culture on the planet has a legend of the Great Flood. Where did that water come from?

Rdean's ancestors boiled pans of their urine?? :dunno:

Sent from my white iPhone. I got rid of the black one because it wouldn't work.

Rdean's ancestors boiled pans of their urine?? :dunno:

Sent from my white iPhone. I got rid of the black one because it wouldn't work.

That wasn't funny enough for me to be insulted. You don't even know you insulted yourself. Now that's funny.

This is not an actual photograph of sunken ruins off Cuba. It's a computer-generated image, based on what someone thinks the sonar image illustrates.

The actual sonar image of the area is much less impressive.

wire-habit.jpg

Evaporation in the atmosphere is a crucial step in the water cycle. Water on Earth's surface will evaporate into the atmosphere as energy is absorbed by liquid water. Water molecules that exist in the liquid phase are free-flowing and in no particular fixed position. Once energy is added to water by heat from the sun, the bonds between the water molecules gain kinetic energy, or energy in motion. Once the gas, called water vapor or humidity, reaches the atmosphere, various types of clouds can form.

Evaporation - Evaporation Definition - Water Cycle

Once that water vapor is in the air and the vapor cools, it comes back down to earth as "rain". That stuff you need umbrellas for. If the temperature is too cold, it comes down as "snow".

Years ago, on the USMB I explained that same exact thing and one USMB member told me they weren't interested in "wild liberal theories".

To right wingers, if there is suddenly so much snow, then they believe the earth is getting colder. But think about the boiling water. Heat the water and where does it go? You can watch it turn to steam until eventually, it's gone. We can do that on our stove so we know it's true.

Do that in a small room, and the atmosphere becomes very moist. We call that a "steam room" and they are always "hot". Suddenly freeze that water in the atmosphere and it will turn to snow. Even in that small room.

But there has to be a lot of moisture in the air to make a lot of snow. And that means that somewhere, a lot of water was "heated up" which produced massive amounts of humidity. See? To get massive amounts of either rain or snow, you need massive amounts of humidity. Do you understand how that works? To get massive amounts of humidity, you need massive amounts of "warming". Is it clear? Do you see how it's all connected?

Thank goodness I actually read this and didn't just think "Seriously?" :)

Right-wing objection to climate change citing colder temps (during Winter no less) makes me feel SO sorry for them. Reminds me of a nice line from "Real Genius" though,

"This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold. This? This is Kent. This is what happens when you get too sexually frustrated." :)

It makes me feel sorry both for you and deanie if you both seriously can compare Earth with a closed room :lol:

seriously :lol:

This is not an actual photograph of sunken ruins off Cuba. It's a computer-generated image, based on what someone thinks the sonar image illustrates.

The actual sonar image of the area is much less impressive.

wire-habit.jpg

You reject computer enhancement of the Sidescan sonar? LOL

Why?

Why does it bother you there's a Mayan-like city at the bottom of the ocean off Cuba?

So, water is now CO2?

The things you learn from USMB Liberals....
According to America's most ignorant scientific boob, YOUR MessiahRushie, YES it is! :cuckoo:

April 3, 2007
RUSH: Mark my brilliant words on this. That's how this stuff starts. Now, the question is: is CO2 even a pollutant? Is it an air pollutant? Because if it is, then all the water vapor on this planet is a pollutant. The vast majority of CO2 that's in the atmosphere comes from water vapor.

May 29, 2012
RUSH: People like me have more scientific knowledge than the average advocate of global warming.

March 01, 2012
RUSH: To put it bluntly, dumb people are too dumb to know it." It's a blessing! You know, the worst thing would be to be dumb and to know it -- and there's evidence all over that the dumb do not know they're dumb.

[MENTION=20394]rdean[/MENTION]

What is the EXACT correct amount of moisture in the air? I mean do you have the exact proper measure down to the liter, or the millimeter, or even the molecule?

If there is a correct amount of moisture to be in the air and it is now excessive, then why is the US National Academy of Science concerned about the impact of current drought situations and chronic water scarcity as it is now?

An international scientific research project known as the Inter-Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISI-MIP), run by 30 teams from 12 countries, has attempted to understand the severity and scale of global impacts of climate change. The project compares model projections on water scarcity, crop yields, disease, floods among other issues to see how they could interact.

The series of papers published by the Proceedings for the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) shows that policymakers might be underestimating the social and economic consequences of climate change due to insufficient attention on how different climate risks are interconnected.

Chronic water scarcity

Other papers point to significant risks that are much more likely on a business-as-usual emissions trajectory.

A study led by Jacob Schewe of Potsdam finds that "the combination of unmitigated climate change and further population growth will expose a significant fraction of the world population" to "chronic or absolute water scarcity."

About 2.7C above preindustrial temperatures:

"... will confront an additional approximate 15% of the global population with a severe decrease in water resources and will increase the number of people living under absolute water scarcity (<500m3 per capita per year) by another 40% (according to some models, more than 100%) compared with the effect of population growth alone."

The Mediterranean, the Middle East, the southern United States and southern China, for example, could see a "pronounced decrease of available water," while southern India, western China, and parts of eastern Africa could see an increase.

The study results represent the multiple-model average of 11 hydrological models produced by five different climate models. While some areas like southern India, western China and eastern Africa could see an increase of available water, others like the Mediterranean, the Middle East, the southern United States and southern China, would see a "pronounced decrease of available water" without curbs in greenhouse gas emissions.

'Whole world at risk' from simultaneous droughts, famines, epidemics: scientists | Nafeez Ahmed | Environment | theguardian.com

Having been brought up in a state whose major industry is agriculture, I do know that snow is one of the more desirable means of getting moisture into the ground. With some rare exceptions, snow does not come in torrents and then drain off into the rivers to be carried out to sea. I do realize that from time to time, melting snow along with torrential rains has contributed to some rivers overflowing their banks. But those are exceptions.

The fact that snow has fallen in some locations which are inconvenient for urban dwellers does not indicate that there is 'too much moisture in the air' or that global drought situations have been alleviated. And too suggest that is the case is exceedingly lame. There was a time when those urban areas were not urban at all and, indeed, actually needed the amount of moisture that is currently falling in the form of snow.

Last edited:
Evaporation in the atmosphere is a crucial step in the water cycle. Water on Earth's surface will evaporate into the atmosphere as energy is absorbed by liquid water. Water molecules that exist in the liquid phase are free-flowing and in no particular fixed position. Once energy is added to water by heat from the sun, the bonds between the water molecules gain kinetic energy, or energy in motion. Once the gas, called water vapor or humidity, reaches the atmosphere, various types of clouds can form.

Evaporation - Evaporation Definition - Water Cycle

Once that water vapor is in the air and the vapor cools, it comes back down to earth as "rain". That stuff you need umbrellas for. If the temperature is too cold, it comes down as "snow".

Years ago, on the USMB I explained that same exact thing and one USMB member told me they weren't interested in "wild liberal theories".

To right wingers, if there is suddenly so much snow, then they believe the earth is getting colder. But think about the boiling water. Heat the water and where does it go? You can watch it turn to steam until eventually, it's gone. We can do that on our stove so we know it's true.

Do that in a small room, and the atmosphere becomes very moist. We call that a "steam room" and they are always "hot". Suddenly freeze that water in the atmosphere and it will turn to snow. Even in that small room.

But there has to be a lot of moisture in the air to make a lot of snow. And that means that somewhere, a lot of water was "heated up" which produced massive amounts of humidity. See? To get massive amounts of either rain or snow, you need massive amounts of humidity. Do you understand how that works? To get massive amounts of humidity, you need massive amounts of "warming". Is it clear? Do you see how it's all connected?

And then the snow cools the atmosphere

Funny how things work out in nature

Forum List

Back