Boil a pan of water until the water disappears. Where does it go?

R

rdean

Evaporation in the atmosphere is a crucial step in the water cycle. Water on Earth's surface will evaporate into the atmosphere as energy is absorbed by liquid water. Water molecules that exist in the liquid phase are free-flowing and in no particular fixed position. Once energy is added to water by heat from the sun, the bonds between the water molecules gain kinetic energy, or energy in motion. Once the gas, called water vapor or humidity, reaches the atmosphere, various types of clouds can form.

Evaporation - Evaporation Definition - Water Cycle

Once that water vapor is in the air and the vapor cools, it comes back down to earth as "rain". That stuff you need umbrellas for. If the temperature is too cold, it comes down as "snow".

Years ago, on the USMB I explained that same exact thing and one USMB member told me they weren't interested in "wild liberal theories".

To right wingers, if there is suddenly so much snow, then they believe the earth is getting colder. But think about the boiling water. Heat the water and where does it go? You can watch it turn to steam until eventually, it's gone. We can do that on our stove so we know it's true.

Do that in a small room, and the atmosphere becomes very moist. We call that a "steam room" and they are always "hot". Suddenly freeze that water in the atmosphere and it will turn to snow. Even in that small room.

But there has to be a lot of moisture in the air to make a lot of snow. And that means that somewhere, a lot of water was "heated up" which produced massive amounts of humidity. See? To get massive amounts of either rain or snow, you need massive amounts of humidity. Do you understand how that works? To get massive amounts of humidity, you need massive amounts of "warming". Is it clear? Do you see how it's all connected?

Evaporation in the atmosphere is a crucial step in the water cycle. Water on Earth's surface will evaporate into the atmosphere as energy is absorbed by liquid water. Water molecules that exist in the liquid phase are free-flowing and in no particular fixed position. Once energy is added to water by heat from the sun, the bonds between the water molecules gain kinetic energy, or energy in motion. Once the gas, called water vapor or humidity, reaches the atmosphere, various types of clouds can form.

Once that water vapor is in the air and the vapor cools, it comes back down to earth as "rain". That stuff you need umbrellas for. If the temperature is too cold, it comes down as "snow".

Years ago, on the USMB I explained that same exact thing and one USMB member told me they weren't interested in "wild liberal theories".

To right wingers, if there is suddenly so much snow, then they believe the earth is getting colder. But think about the boiling water. Heat the water and where does it go? You can watch it turn to steam until eventually, it's gone. We can do that on our stove so we know it's true.

Do that in a small room, and the atmosphere becomes very moist. We call that a "steam room" and they are always "hot". Suddenly freeze that water in the atmosphere and it will turn to snow. Even in that small room.

But there has to be a lot of moisture in the air to make a lot of snow. And that means that somewhere, a lot of water was "heated up" which produced massive amounts of humidity. See? To get massive amounts of either rain or snow, you need massive amounts of humidity. Do you understand how that works? To get massive amounts of humidity, you need massive amounts of "warming". Is it clear? Do you see how it's all connected?

So, water is now CO2?

The things you learn from USMB Liberals....

Yep understood how gasses behave way back in 5 grade science class. Now if you want to talk about relative humidity and evaporation rates you might have somthing

One things for sure,not much evaporation going on in the north east this am

Whats your point?

There have always been massive amounts of moisture in the air in many parts of the southern US. Until the global cooling of the last decade, there were very few instances of snow.
Do you understand how that works?

Yep understood how gasses behave way back in 5 grade science class. Now if you want to talk about relative humidity and evaporation rates you might have somthing

Whats your point?

There had to be evaporation somewhere.

Oh wait. Do right wingers think snow is "magically created" like "magical creation"? Something God just "pops into existence"? Or shimmered into being from dirt?

Whats your point?

There had to be evaporation somewhere.

Oh wait. Do right wingers think snow is "magically created" like "magical creation"? Something God just "pops into existence"? Or shimmered into being from dirt?

Good God your an idiot!!

Thank goodness I actually read this and didn't just think "Seriously?" :)

Right-wing objection to climate change citing colder temps (during Winter no less) makes me feel SO sorry for them. Reminds me of a nice line from "Real Genius" though,

"This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold. This? This is Kent. This is what happens when you get too sexually frustrated." :)

Thank goodness I actually read this and didn't just think "Seriously?" :)

Right-wing objection to climate change citing colder temps (during Winter no less) makes me feel SO sorry for them. Reminds me of a nice line from "Real Genius" though,

"This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold. This? This is Kent. This is what happens when you get too sexually frustrated." :)

Global warming: it's not global it's not warming and it only works if you have Faith in it

Boil a pan of water until the water disappears. Where does it go?

In the fucking cup with a tea bag, some milk and a lump of sodding sugar. :clap2:

As you may notice; a sound chap drinks with his pinky in the air.

images

Forum List

Back