Bob Woodward: Bush Didn't Lie About WMDs to Justify Iraq War

I used to say that the colossal blunder of the Iraq war was the direct cause either of Bush's dishonesty or his gross incompetence.

I guess this thread is supposed to claim that Bush's gross incompetence is back on the menu.

Bush was against going into Iraq? Is that the new version of history that you're trying to sell?
Looks like Woodward is trying to sell it.

Just like he sold watergate. If you believe one do you believe the other?

I believe what BobWoodward said; "He didn't find a lie there" to be specific. What I don't believe (and neither does anyone else) was that liberals were pushing Bush to go into Iraq as Wilddipshit says in the OP.

Should Bush have ignored these Democrats statements? They sound a little 'pushy' to me.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

No matter how many times these Democrat quotes are posted, Liberals are still intent on saying Bush lied. Democrats saw the same intelligence Bush did. Woodward is correct.......Bush did not lie.

Bush had to have lied because there were no WMDs, and he said, definitively, that there were.

How is that not a lie?

Bush was against going into Iraq? Is that the new version of history that you're trying to sell?

I believe what BobWoodward said; "He didn't find a lie there" to be specific. What I don't believe (and neither does anyone else) was that liberals were pushing Bush to go into Iraq as Wilddipshit says in the OP.

Should Bush have ignored these Democrats statements? They sound a little 'pushy' to me.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

No matter how many times these Democrat quotes are posted, Liberals are still intent on saying Bush lied. Democrats saw the same intelligence Bush did. Woodward is correct.......Bush did not lie.

And no matter how many times Bush says there were no WMDs found....others here will swear they were found.

And no matter how many times Bush says there were no WMDs found....others here will swear they were found.

Once again your full of shit. They found loads of WMD's in Iraq though they knew most of it had been sent to Syria.

WMDs Were Found in Iraq CIA Bought 400 Rockets Filled With Sarin Gas -
Iraq Had WMDs After All Power Line

Of course you will say its a pack of lies but seems there are loads of liars out there.

Oh yeah and why is anyone still interest in talking about Bush shit ingot?? He's been out of office for years.

Oh and this last one if from the lefts favorite New York Slimes.
New York Times Reports WMD Found in Iraq - US News

Last edited:

Bush had to have lied because there were no WMDs, and he said, definitively, that there were.

How is that not a lie?

What is your definition of WMD? Do components count? You can say Bush, like Clinton and Kerry, were wrong about the type of WMD or status of WMD, stage of WMD, age of WMD, but to say there were no WMDs is a fallacy on your part.

Once again your full of shit. They found loads of WMD's in Iraq though they knew most of it had been sent to Syria.

Of course you will say its a pack of lies but seems there are loads of liars out there.

Oh yeah and why is anyone still interest in talking about Bush shit ingot?? He's been out of office for years.

The ole they were shipped to Syria line again. :lol:

If only Assad now had all these supposed Iraqi WMDs that were shipped there, eh?

As for your last link -- did you even bother to read it?

“Conservatives may hope to exploit the New York Timesreport, but the article references pre-1991 weapons,” wrote Steve Benen on the MaddowBlog. “Everything Republicans said in the lead up to the 2003 invasion is still wrong. Indeed, a little common sense is in order – if U.S. troops had found WMD stockpiles, the Bush/Cheney administration would have said so. Indeed, they were desperate to do exactly that.”

i fail to see the logic in your statement, how did "Woodward, unintentionally, proves it even further." ??

By saying Bush was skeptical.
Apparently... Bush the idiot colossus duped all the liberal genius'... including queen genius Hillary.

Gotta love it.

He didn't dupe Barack Obama, your president for the last 6 years.
Yet the heir presumptive, who had exposure to her husband's intel before Bush took office (don't even try to make me believe she didn't), voted to allow the use of force in Iraq. I don't understand why liberals think attacking Jeb Bush with the Iraq war is a good idea when he had nothing to do with it and all their efforts merely remind everyone that Hillary actually voted to allow it.

That is her baggage and she will probably have someone carry those bags into the White House.

The reason the Democrats are happy to bring it up right now (not later) was that it's easy to disavow and apologize for the vote 12 years ago. It's not so easy to disavow your brother's signature clusterfuck.
Not necessarily. She can say, "Ooops, my bad", and everything's okay, but he has to answer for something he wasn't even involved in? That's politics at its worst, and reflects a severe cognitive disconnect among those who would have us think they are impartial recorders of events and are blessed with the opportunity to ask questions of the candidates.

Jeb's answer should be, "My brother made the decisions he made based on the information he had at the time. He got authorization from Congress (including my opponent) and from the UN before initiating hostilities. If faced with a similar situation, I will make the best decisions I can based on the information I have available. I would hope that EVERY candidate for president would say the same".

Naturally, the media will not accept any answer. Getting an answer is not the point. It never is.

Oh lord...Why is Jeb Bush's mis-handling of the question (saying he didn't understand the question) the media's fault?

And no, people will always hold the vote against her. They did in 2008 for crying out loud. Jeb is not being held responsible....he is in a tricky spot though of having to distance himself from the decision his brother made.
That's why they are trying to rewrite history.

If only Assad now had all these supposed Iraqi WMDs that were shipped there, eh?

“Conservatives may hope to exploit the New York Timesreport, but the article references pre-1991 weapons,” wrote Steve Benen on the MaddowBlog. “Everything Republicans said in the lead up to the 2003 invasion is still wrong. Indeed, a little common sense is in order – if U.S. troops had found WMD stockpiles, the Bush/Cheney administration would have said so. Indeed, they were desperate to do exactly that.”

Yep. I read it. Did you or did you just cherry pick the parts you wanted to read??

ISIS In Iraq Find Saddam Hussein s WMD Stockpiles Of Chemical Weapons George W Bush Was Right

How is that not a lie?

Good to know that BDS is alive and well in the minds of leftists.

How is that not a lie?

What is your definition of WMD? Do components count? You can say Bush, like Clinton and Kerry, were wrong about the type of WMD or status of WMD, stage of WMD, age of WMD, but to say there were no WMDs is a fallacy on your part.

He had and used WMD's... FACT.

Yet the heir presumptive, who had exposure to her husband's intel before Bush took office (don't even try to make me believe she didn't), voted to allow the use of force in Iraq. I don't understand why liberals think attacking Jeb Bush with the Iraq war is a good idea when he had nothing to do with it and all their efforts merely remind everyone that Hillary actually voted to allow it.

That is her baggage and she will probably have someone carry those bags into the White House.

The reason the Democrats are happy to bring it up right now (not later) was that it's easy to disavow and apologize for the vote 12 years ago. It's not so easy to disavow your brother's signature clusterfuck.
Not necessarily. She can say, "Ooops, my bad", and everything's okay, but he has to answer for something he wasn't even involved in? That's politics at its worst, and reflects a severe cognitive disconnect among those who would have us think they are impartial recorders of events and are blessed with the opportunity to ask questions of the candidates.

Jeb's answer should be, "My brother made the decisions he made based on the information he had at the time. He got authorization from Congress (including my opponent) and from the UN before initiating hostilities. If faced with a similar situation, I will make the best decisions I can based on the information I have available. I would hope that EVERY candidate for president would say the same".

Naturally, the media will not accept any answer. Getting an answer is not the point. It never is.

Oh lord...Why is Jeb Bush's mis-handling of the question (saying he didn't understand the question) the media's fault?

And no, people will always hold the vote against her. They did in 2008 for crying out loud. Jeb is not being held responsible....he is in a tricky spot though of having to distance himself from the decision his brother made.

Well, according to the first liar, the weapons were shipped out of Iraq into Syria. Then shit-brains Claudette comes up with a a source (it was actually from a website called "Red Statements"--that tells you all you need to know) about the CIA buying sarin gas from Iraq.

The right wing nut jobs just get more silly with each passing post.

Yep. I read it. Did you or did you just cherry pick the parts you wanted to read??

ISIS In Iraq Find Saddam Hussein s WMD Stockpiles Of Chemical Weapons George W Bush Was Right

ISIS found them...oh yeah...right. And they haven't used them yet? Some threat these guys are.

Uh, no, dingbat.

Well, according to the first liar, the weapons were shipped out of Iraq into Syria. Then shit-brains Claudette comes up with a a source (it was actually from a website called "Red Statements"--that tells you all you need to know) about the CIA buying sarin gas from Iraq.

The right wing nut jobs just get more silly with each passing post.

Of course they are all liars and your an honest shit ingot. LMAO

The left wing nut jobs get more silly with each passing post. LOL

Oh and here's another lie. LOL

Saddam-Era Chemical Weapons Now Under ISIS Control Reports

Oh my. Guess they have used them.

According to a recent report published in the journal Middle East Review of International Affairs, or MERIA, militants of the Islamic State group used chemical weapons, including mustard gas, against Kurdish fighters in the Syrian border town of Kobani during their first attempt to capture the town in July.

Last edited:
i fail to see the logic in your statement, how did "Woodward, unintentionally, proves it even further." ??

Apparently... Bush the idiot colossus duped all the liberal genius'... including queen genius Hillary.

Gotta love it.

^^^ a classic idiot liberal double standard, shocking. /sarcasm

Well, we'll see what the voters think. Of course, you won't like their decision either.

You Hillary fans are deliciously ignorant, who destroyed the old hag in 2008? Yes the Democrats destroyed her in an epic unleashing of gender bias and a double standards favoring Obama, so over the top that even SNL mocked it. Democrats threw Hillary under the bus and many of the same Dem anti-Hillary brigade are again slinging mud at her over a year out from the election. I can't wait for your heads to explode when they do it again. :laugh:

Well, we'll see what the voters think. Of course, you won't like their decision either.

You Hillary fans are deliciously ignorant, who destroyed the old hag in 2008? Yes the Democrats destroyed her in an epic unleashing of gender bias and a double standards favoring Obama, so over the top that even SNL mocked it.
You are profoundly ignorant of the facts.

In 2008, Hillary had way overspent on her previous Senate campaign and was caught flatfooted by the challenge from Obama. When she got on her game, she was able to stop the bleeding thus a brokered convention.

Democrats threw Hillary under the bus and many of the same Dem anti-Hillary brigade are again slinging mud at her over a year out from the election. I can't wait for your heads to explode when they do it again. :laugh:

Bookmarked for future use.

You Hillary fans are deliciously ignorant, who destroyed the old hag in 2008? Yes the Democrats destroyed her in an epic unleashing of gender bias and a double standards favoring Obama, so over the top that even SNL mocked it.
You are profoundly ignorant of the facts.

In 2008, Hillary had way overspent on her previous Senate campaign and was caught flatfooted by the challenge from Obama. When she got on her game, she was able to stop the bleeding thus a brokered convention.

Democrats threw Hillary under the bus and many of the same Dem anti-Hillary brigade are again slinging mud at her over a year out from the election. I can't wait for your heads to explode when they do it again. :laugh:

Bookmarked for future use.

Bury your head in the sand it makes no difference to me. Did SNL mock Dem's for its treatment of Hillary? Yes. Do I need to post the video for you? Can you explain the recent pile on by the same liberal outlets who bend over backwards to carry Obama's water? Its going to be entertaining to watch this unfold again.

Now....before 9/11 the clinton administration cared more about selling the government of the United States to the highest bidder....mainly China back then....and didn't care about muslim terrorists.

In reality the Clinton Administration did more to fight international terrorism than any president before him. It was actually a coalition between the ACLU and the Republicans in Congress that watered down the omnibus terrorism bill of 1995 to the poiint it was useless.

Yeah right, there was no concerted effort to frighten the fuck out of Americans about Saddam and his WMD he was going to give to al Qeada to kill us all with. What kind of maroonie believes this shit?

Now....before 9/11 the clinton administration cared more about selling the government of the United States to the highest bidder....mainly China back then....and didn't care about muslim terrorists.

In reality the Clinton Administration did more to fight international terrorism than any president before him. It was actually a coalition between the ACLU and the Republicans in Congress that watered down the omnibus terrorism bill of 1995 to the poiint it was useless.

WOW are you off the mark.

As I recall the USS Cole, the embassy in Africa and the Kobar towers went completely unanswered under Bill's watch.

Oh wait. I fogot. He did lob a few missles that way and killed a camel or two. Never mind.

WOW are you off the mark.

As I recall the USS Cole, the embassy in Africa and the Kobar towers went completely unanswered under Bill's watch.

Oh wait. I fogot. He did lob a few missles that way and killed a camel or two. Never mind.

I think he blew up an aspirin factory too. That'll show 'em.

Gotta love it.

He shouldn't have to deal with it at all. It wasn't his decision and he had nothing to do with it.

Forum List

Back