Gulf War: Consciousness/Capitalism [Deluded Folklore?]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a patriotic Gulf War vignette in honor of 9/11, even though today is 1/11.

It's a capitalism-politics fable, which is why I didn't feel comfy posting it in the Writing section, but it's my last piece anyway, so I hope you enjoy it (feel free to offer any comments!).

Cheers (signing off),

====

"As the Gulf War began in the Middle East, and U.S. forces began separating loyalists from invading Iraqis in Kuwait and surrounding areas, the night-sky was lit up by missiles and gunfire and CNN broadcast all the rage and intrigue on global TV news. This was the first international war featuring more 'smart weapons' and the commanding American war-general, Schwarzkopf, ordered his U.S. troops to coordinate efficiently and without hesitation. Many wondered if such a war would generate all kinds of 'political folklore' or if it would be simply forgotten."

ryu13.jpg

"An alien-ninja from Venus named Ryu decided to land on Earth and prowl around Iraq and Kuwait during the Gulf War. He noted the brilliance of the U.S. forces and their general (Schwarzkopf), as America steadily routed Saddam Hussein's Iraqi forces and established security for future commerce between Kuwait (and Saudi Arabia) and the West. Ryu realized that such a 'smart war' would/could be considered a paragon of the mobilization of war-minded individuals. Ryu wondered if other aliens might land on Earth to witness such a politically-symbolic civilization 'event'."

ryu1.jpg

"Well, another alien did land. His name was Regent and he wanted to subvert some of the sane marches of the U.S. forces in the Middle East during the Gulf War. When Ryu sensed Regent's presence, he decided to engage the warlord and help Schwarzkopf continue to rally American forces with their 'smart warfare' to finally secure commercial peace in the Middle East (and between OPEC and Western petroleum companies!). The Regent wanted to treat humans like guinea pigs, and he was from Mars. However, Ryu only wanted to see the Gulf War come to a conclusion/resolution to see if capitalism on Earth would create future forms of stable global peace. Regent was very sinister indeed!"

ryu3.png

REGENT: Do you really believe capitalism is worth all the sweat?
RYU: I do believe America is land of promise and intelligence...
REGENT: They're simply capitalism's 'Big Brother' on Earth.
RYU: No, it seems Schwarzkopf and Bush care about commerce!
REGENT: Can commerce promotes peace?
RYU: Why not? Perhaps it will secure commercial ties between the Koreas.
REGENT: North Korea and South Korea will never ever reconcile.
RYU: Capitalism is an intriguing 'game' with much potential...
REGENT: I think you just want to see a Hollywood movie about the Gulf War.
RYU: Why not? I foresee a prominent movie-star portraying a slick general/soldier.
REGENT: Yes, his name might be 'Archie' or something!
RYU: Don't be sardonic, Regent. This war is very symbolic for capitalism...
REGENT: If you defeat me in a sword-fight, I'll depart.
RYU: Well, we're both immortals; we'll fight, but I'll continue my mission.
REGENT: Alright; I'll continue mine; let's fight anyway.
RYU: For capitalism's sake!

ryu2.jpg

"After Ryu survived and more-or-less defeated the slick Regent's fighting-approach, Ryu soared above the bomb-ridden cities in Kuwait and Iraq and took notice of all the international intrigue simply created by the 'fury' of capitalism and the yearning to create peace by any means by securing commerce routes (for petroleum!). Was this Gulf War merely propaganda or a stand against the cynicism which stood against any pragmatic capitalist development towards international peace? Ryu noticed all the lights and smoke and fire."

ryu4.jpg

"Ryu imagined a future world in which cities around Earth would be lit peacefully by the lights of homes and businesses and shops and restaurants. There would be cities of safe and secure traffic and easy-going nightlife and stable festivities. There would be no threat of anti-capitalism terrorism, and the Gulf War would remind humanity of the value of solidarity-forging warfare. Ryu began dissecting the minions of the Regent and continued helping U.S. forces root out all the insects of Hussein and Iraq. Would America/capitalism prevail?"

ryu12.jpg

"Capitalism is a system creating all sorts of pedagoguery and lifestyle-based marketing (e.g., Apple Computers). It's no wonder various American films depict grand or elaborate or even complex cities of great traffic and lights signifying a human fascination with trade and networking. This was the post-Industrial era and computers began to take shape and make their stamp on civilization. There was an air of commerce-oriented 'daydreaming'."

ryu7.jpg

"Anti-capitalist terrorists began to align themselves against civilization. Muslims were opposed to Rome, Britain, and now America. Perhaps the austerity and passion of Islam itself was conducive to forms of anti-establishment radicalism. The Gulf War would either bring an end to all the post-Communism intrigue between Russia and Afghanistan or fuel more 'passions' against Western civilization. Ryu knew that Regent would try to use the Gulf War to fuel some kind of 'punisher-movement'.'

ras2.jpg

"Meanwhile, there were some tourists in the Middle East at that time from the West (Europe and America). These were anarchists and punk-rock musicians who happened to be travelling together to the Middle East when the Gulf War broke out. This 'gang' called itself the 'Westerners,' and they roamed around the flaming cities in Kuwait and Iraq while CNN broadcast all the Schwarzkopf intrigue regarding the activities of the U.S. forces. The 'Westerners' were like 'witnesses' of all this intrigue, and one of them, a punk-rock woman named Harleen, noticed Ryu and flashed her bat at him to signal her respect for what seemed to be a wandering 'capitalist warrior'."

ryu8.jpg

"Iraq was developing biochemical weapons and a new line of robotic large insect-like flying vessels called Insecticons which would/could attack flying U.S. jets above the Middle East. These 'Insecticons' spewed chemical toxins that could eat through metal as well as shooting normal bullets. If America lost the Gulf War, there was no telling of where anti-capitalism sentiments would carry humanity. That's why Ryu continued gutting out any influence of Regent in Iraq/Kuwait during the Gulf War...so that these 'Insecticons' would never ever take shape(!)."

ryu11.jpg

TRUMP: The Gulf War was impressive, Carter.
CARTER: Yes, it was, Mr. President!
TRUMP: It was a surefire sign of America's investment in capitalism.
CARTER: Too bad it didn't prevent 9/11.
TRUMP: Well, Charlie Wilson failed to secure Afghanistan too!
CARTER: There will be folklore about the Gulf War, sir.
TRUMP: Sure; there's already that film Three Kings (George Clooney).
CARTER: I love that movie...
TRUMP: There was a fear that the Gulf War would turn out like Vietnam.
CARTER: No; Schwarzkopf ensured an outstanding victory.
TRUMP: It's thrilling to see the World Trade Center being rebuilt.
CARTER: There's 'promise' in commerce aspirations (e.g., World Bank).
TRUMP: To end terrorism, perhaps we should promote patriotism-comics.
CARTER: Why not? Captain America and G.I. Joe are both popular!
TRUMP: If people think capitalism is 'biased,' democracy will fail.
CARTER: Yes, we need to keep faith in 'dream-wishing commerce.'

====

:1peleas:

Forum List

Back