Bob Beckel in rehab for painkillers

Bob Beckel enters rehab for addiction to pain meds - Washington Times

Bob Beckel enters rehab for addiction to pain meds

Fox News confirmed Thursday that “The Five” co-host Bob Beckel has entered a rehab facility to treat his addiction to prescription pain medication spurring from a back surgery he underwent several months ago.

Speculation had swirled at the network since Mr. Beckel was last seen on the “The Five” 11 weeks ago. He has been open on the show about his past struggles with alcohol and cocaine, admitting on-air in July 2011 that he was in recovery.

“Bob Beckel has entered a rehab facility for treatment of an addiction to prescription pain medication,” Fox News said in a Thursday statement provided to Mediaite. “His relapse developed over the last several months as he tried to cope with extensive back pain before and after he underwent major back surgery. We hope our viewers and the public will respect Bob’s privacy during this difficult time.”

Mr. Beckel’s employment status with the network, which stood by anchor Gregg Jarrett during his treatment for alcoholism following an arrest, remains unchanged, Mediaite reported.

Read more: Bob Beckel enters rehab for addiction to pain meds - Washington Times

I wonder if the Left will forever hold this against him like they did for Rush Limbaugh?

Addiction to pain killers is very common. It only becomes an issue when it happens to somebody famous.

Meh, just another weak minded person who can't control himself. No sympathy here. He and Rush can have some pill parties now .

At least Beckel was man enough to get help where Limbaugh had to get caught.

So that's why his behavior was so bizarre. I joined a nationwide group that was working to get him off the Five. His abuse and profanity was so over the top it's a wonder the other hosts didn't just order him off the set.

So that's why his behavior was so bizarre. I joined a nationwide group that was working to get him off the Five. His abuse and profanity was so over the top it's a wonder the other hosts didn't just order him off the set.

The guy has to sit there and listen to raving lunatics like Bolling Guilfoyle and Perino for a living.....cut the man some slack....

Limbaugh's addiction also was reportedly the result of back surgery.
Did Bob Beckel send his maid to a dark parking lot to buy illegal drugs for his addiction, like Rush did?

I heard it was a well lit parking lot......:lol:

Who knows? more importantly, who cares? Pain pill addiction is ubiquitous. Hillbilly Heroin is rampant....It's good to see Beckel (and others) get help. That shit is wack...

Forum List

Back