Blue tick and black and tan owners I want a baby

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I'd really appreciate the negatives. Bear in mind my life has included a boston terrier, then a white german shepherd, then a wondrous heinz 57 rescue rocket dog, to just the most amazing ridgeback, to being the person owned by the most wonderful breed of all catahoulas.

I love all breeds. My husband wants to move onto a blue tick or a black and tan. I met the most wonderful black and tan called Zydeco Girl when she was playing with my Ruby Starr.

Any body run these hounds? Real money in spring. No problem on price when it comes to dogs.

No I don't, honestly.

The hounds I've encountered have never run me. I've run them.

Why do you subjugate yourself to an animal? It should be the other way around.

I said "owned". Please note run is only brought up in my last sentence when actually all I'm looking for are some people that do full cry.

It's a common phrase among us that have been "owned" by catahoulas. It's not a matter of subjugation.

lol, trust me. Running with the pack I had for years I've been blessed. I lost Dusty Roads and American Bad Ass earlier this year, Ruby Starr is still with me, but I feel hollow.

I'll be looking this winter for a blue tick or black and tan baby for spring. My breeding days are over. hehehe. I already gave my life and soul with two litters of catahoulas.

I just want a companion.

No problemo. Sometimes I forget myself when I talk about dogs and try to include catahoulas in the same breath.

JimDandy was a piece of work man. I'm glad I had the fortitude at one time in my life to add to the beasties on the planet of something wonderful.

Wasn't easy at 12 a pop. What baby dolls though. Like a box of chocolates, never knew what you were gonna get.

I just figure now I need a break but with the love of hunting dogs I won't see a "walker or a oxygen tank" for a long time.

I'd still run with a glass eyed boy but my husband wants to move on.

Sorry, you can't breed dogs with humans. Not only is it impossible, it's illegal to try.

ok ravi you've hit positively spooky with that av. aye carumba. that's like a cross between a stepford wife and barbie.

:lol:

go to the pound and save a dog...simple as that.....just pick one out you like....

Oh I do rescue cats and I vigorously support both financial and foster rescue dog programs, but for me and without apologies I love my breeds.

Just me. I love knowing every negative of what I'm getting into for a long term relationship. I wish men came with the same breed description, :lol: Could have saved me some time along the way.

It's sue. remember me? we used to work together. picked up that dog at the airport one time
email me [email protected]

Holy toledo for true? Of course I know you. You are the closest to a friend I ever had that only had two legs (bird buddies not withstanding). I ended up becoming a catahoula breeder in the end. Fell in love with the breed hard core. Last time I saw you would have been at Darcel. We've been on a journey since then. :D

We bought a house in Hawtrey just a smidge north of Delhi. Oh boy how do I fill in the years?

Rog and I were on are way to Louisiana to start a kennel with my foundation dogs when Katrina hit. We had been having a blast just tooling around Manitoba waiting for hurricane season to pass.

The rest is history. Most of my friends were wiped out. Others picked up and moved to Texas or Alabama. We decided to bunk in here.

I love it Sue. I'm in the middle of nowhere. To me that's my slice of heaven closest to going back to Tennessee. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Have to go to town (here that means a one hour drive and one way and without a traffic jam) but I'll get hold of you when I get back home.

Yours,

Dana

PS That nasty little lovebird you gave me lasted till 2004:razz:Actually Savannah really did turn out to be a love. She was a complete doll in the end.

Last edited:
LMAO. Yep a hound. I hope she enjoys looking for them for days when they run off.

A neighbor a few miles down the road has some black and tans, they bays sound good from several miles away.

Years ago I was with him in his truck with one of his dogs in the seat between us and it saw something and bayed in the truck and we almost wrecked, it was just plain stunning, physically I mean. I taped it's muzzle shut till we got where we were going.
That bay inside a vehicle really stunned and hurt.

Last edited:
as a doberman owner i understand wanting a breed

i do not understand wanting a coon hound lol.....i hope you dont like your sleep....

Ruby Starr's first litter was a dozen. :D I aged two decades in less than 8 weeks.

I love dobes. Heck I love Podengos. I'm just a fan of breeds. Not that I don't love and appreciate pound dogs. I just know what I can fit into my life.

I wish more could. Then we wouldn't have pound dogs.

Before we got Jim Dandy, my husband and I took up our breeder's suggestion to come to Uncle Earl's and see what we were getting into.

Think My Cousin Vinny. Meeting up at a dog show that involved wild caught boars. Nobody in a tux. No Joe Gargiola. No Crufts. No Westminister.

Dinner menu is boiled crawdads (pinch those tails and suck them heads) and frito pies. Souvenir stands selling items that are made predominately of leather and bone.

And its an arena. With stacks of skids for men to jump on when the wild hog attacks the handler.

And the dog known as a catahoula stood their ground against a 400 + wild hog.

And I went, hell's bells, my kinda dog......

:lol:

No I don't, honestly.

I said "owned". Please note run is only brought up in my last sentence when actually all I'm looking for are some people that do full cry.

It's a common phrase among us that have been "owned" by catahoulas. It's not a matter of subjugation.

lol, trust me. Running with the pack I had for years I've been blessed. I lost Dusty Roads and American Bad Ass earlier this year, Ruby Starr is still with me, but I feel hollow.

I'll be looking this winter for a blue tick or black and tan baby for spring. My breeding days are over. hehehe. I already gave my life and soul with two litters of catahoulas.

I just want a companion.

Rescue one instead!

No I don't, honestly.

I just want a companion.

Rescue one instead!

My life's been strange as you can tell. Not a rescue dog and here's why. I've rescued everything else on the planet including dwarf tegus...

But not a dog. And if you saw another post by a new poster you'd know I am the most passionate anti puppy mill person on the planet. I watched my dad die a slow death watching a dog he tried to rescue called Buddy.

Hey and anti puppy mill....I'm the best. I attack their tax status. I'm the pro.

But I can't do rescue dogs. Many will know me. I just can't do it. But I save and I rock and I make sure we have enough money and enough treats to make those who are so hurt come home to us.

Forum List

Back