Blue Shield of California, did WHAT!?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"Blue Shield of California says its aim is "to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at an affordable price" - and apparently that includes spending no less than $2.5 million for a luxury box at Levi's Stadium."

"Given that Blue Shield is a not-for-profit organization, one might wonder how such high-rolling fandom fits into its mission statement."

'"The primary purpose (of the luxury box) is to interact socially with some of our larger membership groups," said Blue Shield spokesman Sean Barry.'"

He declined to name any of Blue Shield's clients who will be feted at the suite - located in the tower on the stadium's west side - or say how much the health insurer is actually spending for it.

"We can tell you, however, that suites in that location are priced at between $250,000 and $400,000 a year and require a 10- or 20-year commitment. That puts the price at anywhere from $2.5 million to $8 million."

I wonder if Blue Shield has death panels created to pay for this expenditure?

See: Blue Shield to fete some members in style at new stadium - SFGate

"Blue Shield of California says its aim is "to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at an affordable price" - and apparently that includes spending no less than $2.5 million for a luxury box at Levi's Stadium."

"Given that Blue Shield is a not-for-profit organization, one might wonder how such high-rolling fandom fits into its mission statement."

'"The primary purpose (of the luxury box) is to interact socially with some of our larger membership groups," said Blue Shield spokesman Sean Barry.'"

He declined to name any of Blue Shield's clients who will be feted at the suite - located in the tower on the stadium's west side - or say how much the health insurer is actually spending for it.

"We can tell you, however, that suites in that location are priced at between $250,000 and $400,000 a year and require a 10- or 20-year commitment. That puts the price at anywhere from $2.5 million to $8 million."

I wonder if Blue Shield has death panels created to pay for this expenditure?

See: Blue Shield to fete some members in style at new stadium - SFGate

They're partially owned by the Catholics (Dignity Health) so it doesn't surprised me.

I imagine they have the money to throw around now on luxury since Obama and the Democrats forced everyone in California to buy their product.

• Banned
I imagine they have the money to throw around now on luxury since Obama and the Democrats forced everyone in California to buy their product.

Gee, what a surprise - an Obama hater blames Obama for the actions of an insurance company. Dumb shit, but he's not alone; it seems the New Right is populated by dumb shits.

Gee, what a surprise - an Obama hater blames Obama for the actions of an insurance company. Dumb shit, but he's not alone; it seems the New Right is populated by dumb shits.

So the Democratic Party didn't force 38 million Californians to buy their product giving them windfall profits?

• Banned

So the Democratic Party didn't force 38 million Californians to buy their product giving them windfall profits?
No, the DP did not force anyone to do anything. If you have proof of such use of force please post it. If not ... well, you know.

No, the DP did not force anyone to do anything. If you have proof of such use of force please post it. If not ... well, you know.

So it is your position that under ObamaCare there is no requirement to buy health insurance from the big evil insurance companies?

Such a moronic statement.

And I'll pose you the same question. Is it your position that under ObamaCare there is no requirement to buy health insurance from the big evil insurance companies, resulting in windfall profits for them?

Why do you care what a company wastes it's money on?

you support obama wasting our money

It's quite uncanny. The Obamabots supported an unconstitutional law that forces 300 million people to hand their money over to big insurance companies, who they have done nothing but demonize over the years, who now as a result of the law are raking in record profits, but this is everybody else's fault but the Obamabots who created all this.

Why do you care what a company wastes it's money on?

you support obama wasting our money

It's quite uncanny. The Obamabots supported an unconstitutional law that forces 300 million people to hand their money over to big insurance companies, who they have done nothing but demonize over the years, who now as a result of the law are raking in record profits, but this is everybody else's fault but the Obamabots who created all this.
when people have to buy your product on the Fed level and can limit competition on the state level, they are free to charge whatever they want

Forum List

Back