Blood Lions: A Call to Stop Canned Lion Hunting

just a sidenote to the liberals posting here. I see many conservatives like myself value animals and the environment just like you. Please remember MANY conservatives feel the same as I do. Not all of us are against animals, the environment, conservation etc...

you don't get your food in the supermarket?
No really don't... Store bought meat is too full of steroids and hormones for my liking. The feed lots use these put weight on the stock.

why don't you become a semi-vegetarian like me?

I only eat fish and seafood and chicken :biggrin:
Those still have to be killed... Like I said I would rather do that myself, than pay someone else to do by buying it in a store.

why do you like killing so much Rustic? :cry:
It's not the killing it's the chase and being self sustaining and using what I harvest.
Like said it is one of the great joys in my life.
My culture has been doing it for centuries and it's still the same, plus you can't beat fresh venison.

its not a chase in canned hunting- the lions are drugged and confined inside fences while fat rich pigs shoot the helpless lion, often missing thus making it suffer minutes or hours or days in the case of Cecil.

I love animals, but this is insanity! Cull the herd of lions, they are NOT endangered! Beside SAVE the lives of other LESS HOSTILE animals!

You pitiful fool, you obviously didn't read any of the OP. These lions are explicitly raised for "canned" hunts. You've heard of puppy mills - well, these are lion mills.

Lots of animals are bred for food for your table. You against that also?

Is a lion's life more valuable than that of a cow or a chicken?

i agree, i say they are all valuable.

It's animal cruelty - which is a predictor of human cruelty.

If You Want To Stop Violence Against People, Stop Violence Against Animals
Said the baby butchers... You can do better than that.
Washington redskin

You really are a heartless little person, aren't you!

Your fake ancestors drove whole herds of buffalo off of cliffs,took what they wanted and left the rest to rot.
I think you should be paying reparations.

They had primitive weapons and were just trying to survive. They used meat and hides. White hide hunters just slaughtered them with buffalo rifles and let the meat rot in the sun. Stone age people used torches to drive animals over cliffs.

totally different situation than today, we agree.

The death of a beloved lion named Cecil, at the hands of an American hunter in Zimbabwe, struck a nerve around the globe. The debate about the ethics of that hunt still provokes strong emotions. On Wednesday, October 7th, MSNBC will focus on another side of the industry, the legal side. Blood Lions, a one hour documentary, takes viewers inside the seldom seen world of the “canned hunting” industry in South Africa.

With the help of Ian Michler, safari operator and environmental journalist and Rick Swazey, an American hunter, viewers will see inside the breeding farms where lions are bred for a variety of exploitative revenue streams.

“Our film is an exposé,” says Blood Lions director Bruce Young, “most of the lions exist in appalling conditions, exploited at every stage of their lives. Even the people in South Africa do not know that lions are being bred for the bullet – and that it is totally legal. We want to show the world what is going on, who is involved, the impact on the animals and how much money is being generated by this industry.”

blood_lions_captive_vs_wild_hunt_403x403_090215_v2.jpg

Also known as captive bred lion hunting, canned hunts allow hunters to select their lion ahead of time and complete a hunt in a matter of just three days. Canned hunts provide a cheaper, faster, and a surefire way of hunting predatory animals, compared to wild lion hunts which may last weeks with a much lower probability of success. Americans are largely fueling the industry, with 62% of the trophies being imported into the United States, according to Humane Society International.

The documentary includes the perspective of both proponents of this practice who say that hunting helps preserve Africa’s lion population and conservationists who are quick to dispute that claim.

Catch the premiere of Blood Lions, Wednesday October 7th at 10pm ET on MSNBC.

"Blood Lions" premieres Wednesday October 7th on MSNBC

Blood Lions™ - A Call to Stop Canned Lion Hunting

Canned hunting is very dishonorable to the hunter and to the prey. Actually, canned hunting is not hunting - it's just killing, much like in a slaughterhouse.
I think they shoulders allow hunting but only when the pack or herd or gaggle or pod population are healthy. For example we are overfishing our oceans. There should be so many deer elephants lions wolves tigers mountain lions pigs or bear that we need to kill a few. And you always eat the meat.

I'm going deer hunting this weekend. A buck has to have 8 points. Any less we let it pass. Too young. And opening day is in November 15 to let them mate through mating season. That way you assure another generation. Don't worry bucks don't help raise their babies.

I'm bow hunting this weekend. Opening day next month is gun season. A lot harder to shoot a deer with a bow so they allow it now. Very strict rules. And it raises a lot of money. For example I just bought a $6500 quad and my bro just bought $100,000 piece of hunting property and that's just the start of it. All the gear the gas to get up north go out to eat get a hotel room. $1000 crossbows, guns, ammo. The economy would collapse without hunting.

I am not a leftward or a bleeding heart progressive

That doesn't mean that I don't love and care for all animal life!

Shame on all of you!

The animals have to be culled in order to maintain a healthy population,and the money goes to further that cause.

Nope. Not even close. Read my posts earlier in the thread.

This is one of the lies told by pro-killing groups and hunters to make it seem like they're doing something good and worthwhile. Hunters kill the strongest and healthiest which weakens the gene pool and it contributes very little money to the overall economy.

Have you ever heard of a Boone and Crockett contest to kill the oldest and sickest? Have you looked at Rustic's trophy avi and his pictures? Even if he or others were willing to kill the weakest, do you really think they ask the animal for identification that proves his age?

As I said earlier, back in the Vietnam era we had a saying - Killing for peace [or conservation] is like fucking for chastity. Same with killing wild animals.
Look up how trophy hunting helps any given game species. Safari club international is a good start.

You really have to lighten up Francis, your emotions are getting the best of you...
Let's not let the foolishness of a bleeding hearts emotions replace facts...

I'm very familiar with Safari Club International. They're just a bunch of slob hunters who have more money than brains. Check out the slime who opened the Dead Head Museum in Tucson. Chuck McRoy. He called it the Wildlife Museum and his stated intent was to kill at least one of every species on the planet.

One entire enormous room, bigger than your home, three stories high, holds nothing but dead heads - ALL of the very same species. Hundreds and hundreds. Just killed because he wanted another dead head.

Yep - I'm very familiar with Safari Club.

In your brain dead personal opinion, jack ass. And that is nada to any rational person.

Go fuck yourself.

humans dont need meat asshole. Have you ever watched what these animals go through to end up on your table? I think not because you only give a shit about yourself.

We evolved eating meat, stupid twit. Ever notice the canines in your mouth, dullard?

This always cracks me up.

Humans do not have long sharp carnivores' canines that are used to pierce and hold on to a prey animal. They have the grinding teeth, used to chew vegetable matter.

Strong saliva that starts the digestion while we chew. Carnivores tear off chunks and chew very little.

Long intestines to get the nutrition out of grasses and seeds as opposed to the short carnivore's in order to pass rotting meat quickly through the system. Eating meat and the long time it takes to process is why we have colon cancer.
Ever get sick of your bleeding heart??

Nuddly has a bleeding heart and a dysfunctional cerebral cortex.

Unlike you trophy hunters, I have posted nothing but facts throughout this thread.

Since you assholes can't dispute even one word I've written, you hide behind childish insults.

Grow up and grow a pair.

They breed and raise those lions in captivity, and they could never survive in the wild.
Among other things, they take the babies from their mothers when a few days old which causes the mother to go into estrus soon after. It wears out the females.
Your bleeding heart is getting me all tear--eeee--eyed... It's legal.
Deal with it... There are much greater tragedies in this world.

Who believes a bias edited, scripted reality Show anyway!!! ON MSNBC OF ALL THINGS??
The deaf dumb and blind "informing" the too stupid too breath.

Embrace the suck

IOW, you know the truth of that documentary and are too chicken to address it.

This is the true test of an ethical hunter.

They don't kill just for the fun of it and for bragging pictures.

Ethical hunters who actually care about habitat and the health of a given species hate slob hunters like you.

I am not a leftward or a bleeding heart progressive

That doesn't mean that I don't love and care for all animal life!

Shame on all of you!

The animals have to be culled in order to maintain a healthy population,and the money goes to further that cause.
Another con who thinks this has anything to do with conservation.

Another moron liberal who doesnt understand that animals need to be culled from time to time to prevent starvation and over predation of local wildlife.

Killing the healthiest and strongest weakens the gene pool. They are not "culled". They are killed so a head can be nailed up on the wall.

I I hunt but I think canned hunting is a disgrace. Africans make a show of caring for wildlife but it seems that they are in it for the money. I think we should rethink capturing animals for display in zoos also.

Its a lie that canned hunts feed people, either directly or as a boost to their economy. As has been repeatedly pointed out, you can make a lot more money selling the opportunity to photograph the same animals thousands of time than you will make by putting him a small enclosure and killing him once.

Be aware that the US is as bad. Animals kept in the worst conditions, waiting for some bozo who has more cash than balls to want to prove what a big brave he-man his he is for shooting a tame animal.

In the US, the worst is in Texasss. There are now more tigers in cages in Texasss than free in their own habitat.

You got a link?
Keeping tigers in Texas is illegal.
500 canned hunting ranches in TX | Big Cat Rescue

Funny,I see no mention of lion hunts?
I used to have a couple of places right down the road from the YO.
I loved having them as a neighbor!!! Their stock would get loose occasionally and it's free game once it's outside their fence.
I shot some sweet animals thanks to them.

An admitted poacher.

No surprise there.

Washington redskin

Your fake ancestors drove whole herds of buffalo off of cliffs,took what they wanted and left the rest to rot.

They had primitive weapons and were just trying to survive. They used meat and hides. White hide hunters just slaughtered them with buffalo rifles and let the meat rot in the sun. Stone age people used torches to drive animals over cliffs.

Huge difference between killing to eat and killing to stuff a head and hang it on the wall. No comparison between their tools and what modern day trophy hunters do.

In point of fact, in the case that started all this - Cecil - his carcass was skinned, head cut off, they tried to hide the tracking collar to hide their crime and they dragged his carcass into heavy brush in hopes he would not be found.

If HereWeGoAgain knew anything at all about nature, he would know that carcasses do not "rot in the sun". They are eaten by other animals. In fact, there is an entire science of studying the predation of carcasses. Educate yourself.

Washington redskin

They had primitive weapons and were just trying to survive. They used meat and hides. White hide hunters just slaughtered them with buffalo rifles and let the meat rot in the sun.

Yeah okay......
At least the buffalo hunters took the hides.
Your indian buddies just left em to rot.

Yeah cuz they didn't need the hides for clothing and shelter. They just went down to the local Walmart and picked up some Made In China shit like HereWeGoAgain does.

Seriously doodette, you really need educate yourself.

Forum List

Back