Blood Lions: A Call to Stop Canned Lion Hunting

They breed and raise those lions in captivity, and they could never survive in the wild.
Among other things, they take the babies from their mothers when a few days old which causes the mother to go into estrus soon after. It wears out the females.

So if letting them live in the wild is a nogo, then hunting them is a humane treatment after all.

It's a pretty safe bet that the villagers whose lives and livelihoods are threatened by eliminating lion hunting disagree with the OP.

It's really None Of Our Business.

They breed and raise those lions in captivity, and they could never survive in the wild.
Among other things, they take the babies from their mothers when a few days old which causes the mother to go into estrus soon after. It wears out the females.
Your bleeding heart is getting me all tear--eeee--eyed... It's legal.
Deal with it... There are much greater tragedies in this world.

Who believes a bias edited, scripted reality Show anyway!!! ON MSNBC OF ALL THINGS??
The deaf dumb and blind "informing" the too stupid too breath.

Embrace the suck

I am not a leftward or a bleeding heart progressive

That doesn't mean that I don't love and care for all animal life!

Shame on all of you!

The animals have to be culled in order to maintain a healthy population,and the money goes to further that cause.
Another con who thinks this has anything to do with conservation.

Another moron liberal who doesnt understand that animals need to be culled from time to time to prevent starvation and over predation of local wildlife.

Shame on all of you!

The animals have to be culled in order to maintain a healthy population,and the money goes to further that cause.

Another moron liberal who doesnt understand that animals need to be culled from time to time to prevent starvation and over predation of local wildlife.
These animals are raised in caged areas and fed by hand. It's big money for the guys who run these outfits. It has nothing to do with culling the natural population.

Shame on all of you!

These animals are raised in caged areas and fed by hand. It's big money for the guys who run these outfits. It has nothing to do with culling the natural population.

No loss of wild life than is there?
So whats the problem?

I I hunt but I think canned hunting is a disgrace. Africans make a show of caring for wildlife but it seems that they are in it for the money. I think we should rethink capturing animals for display in zoos also.

Its a lie that canned hunts feed people, either directly or as a boost to their economy. As has been repeatedly pointed out, you can make a lot more money selling the opportunity to photograph the same animals thousands of time than you will make by putting him a small enclosure and killing him once.

Be aware that the US is as bad. Animals kept in the worst conditions, waiting for some bozo who has more cash than balls to want to prove what a big brave he-man his he is for shooting a tame animal.

In the US, the worst is in Texasss. There are now more tigers in cages in Texasss than free in their own habitat.

You got a link?
Keeping tigers in Texas is illegal.
500 canned hunting ranches in TX | Big Cat Rescue

I I hunt but I think canned hunting is a disgrace. Africans make a show of caring for wildlife but it seems that they are in it for the money. I think we should rethink capturing animals for display in zoos also.

Its a lie that canned hunts feed people, either directly or as a boost to their economy. As has been repeatedly pointed out, you can make a lot more money selling the opportunity to photograph the same animals thousands of time than you will make by putting him a small enclosure and killing him once.

Be aware that the US is as bad. Animals kept in the worst conditions, waiting for some bozo who has more cash than balls to want to prove what a big brave he-man his he is for shooting a tame animal.

In the US, the worst is in Texasss. There are now more tigers in cages in Texasss than free in their own habitat.

You got a link?
Keeping tigers in Texas is illegal.
500 canned hunting ranches in TX | Big Cat Rescue

Funny,I see no mention of lion hunts?
I used to have a couple of places right down the road from the YO.
I loved having them as a neighbor!!! Their stock would get loose occasionally and it's free game once it's outside their fence.
I shot some sweet animals thanks to them.

It's animal cruelty - which is a predictor of human cruelty.

If You Want To Stop Violence Against People, Stop Violence Against Animals
Said the baby butchers... You can do better than that.
Washington redskin

You really are a heartless little person, aren't you!

Your fake ancestors drove whole herds of buffalo off of cliffs,took what they wanted and left the rest to rot.
I think you should be paying reparations.

Washington redskin

Your fake ancestors drove whole herds of buffalo off of cliffs,took what they wanted and left the rest to rot.

They had primitive weapons and were just trying to survive. They used meat and hides. White hide hunters just slaughtered them with buffalo rifles and let the meat rot in the sun. Stone age people used torches to drive animals over cliffs.

Washington redskin

They had primitive weapons and were just trying to survive. They used meat and hides. White hide hunters just slaughtered them with buffalo rifles and let the meat rot in the sun.

Yeah okay......
At least the buffalo hunters took the hides.
Your indian buddies just left em to rot.

Washington redskin

They had primitive weapons and were just trying to survive. They used meat and hides. White hide hunters just slaughtered them with buffalo rifles and let the meat rot in the sun.

Yeah okay......

So did your white stone age ancestors who did the same thing.

The earliest humans were terrified of fire just as animals were. Yet, they had the intelligence to recognize that they could use fire for a variety of purposes. Fire provided warmth and light and kept wild animals away at night. Fire was useful in hunting. Hunters with torches could drive a herd of animals over the edge of a cliff.

First Technologies: Fire and Tools [ushistory.org]

Washington redskin

The demise of the buffalo [Bison] came when the white folks shot them for fun and left them to rot. They'd shoot them from trains passing through.

Washington redskin

Yeah okay......

So did your white stone age ancestors who did the same thing.

The earliest humans were terrified of fire just as animals were. Yet, they had the intelligence to recognize that they could use fire for a variety of purposes. Fire provided warmth and light and kept wild animals away at night. Fire was useful in hunting. Hunters with torches could drive a herd of animals over the edge of a cliff.

First Technologies: Fire and Tools [ushistory.org]

Uhhhh....no.
The great white hunters killed the buffalo for their hides.
And if I remember correctly I was the one who brought up the indians use of fire to drive buffalo off cliffs so I dont need your attempts at education.
And no they didnt use torches,they set the prairie on fire.

Washington redskin

The demise of the buffalo [Bison] came when the white folks shot them for fun and left them to rot. They'd shoot them from trains passing through.

And where did I deny the culpability of the white man?

Washington redskin

Ya, us idiots trying to survive... Kinda hard being vegans up here on the northern plains back then. What, we were supposed to eat cactus??

Not a chance, some bison blackstrap was just fine... Tasty.
My ancestors invented "canned" hunts... Anyone hear of buffalo jumps??

Thanks for bringing that up...

Washington redskin

Ya, us idiots trying to survive... Kinda hard being vegans up here on the northern plains back then. What, we were supposed to eat cactus??

Not a chance, some bison blackstrap was just fine... Tasty.
My ancestors invented "canned" hunts... Anyone hear of buffalo jumps??

Thanks for bringing that up...

The fake indian has always been a hypocrite,and I enjoy pointing it out.

Washington redskin

They had primitive weapons and were just trying to survive. They used meat and hides. White hide hunters just slaughtered them with buffalo rifles and let the meat rot in the sun. Stone age people used torches to drive animals over cliffs.
Hey, Washington redskin you know better than that... Our ancestors only took what needed and left the rest to the elements. It was physically impossible to take tons and tons of flesh and hide and process it in a timely manner before it turns.
Wasting food is not a modern practice, it's been around since the beginning of time... The fact is they took only what they could physically and reasonably deal with in a timely manner.
Most times the jumps occurred in the warmer months of the year. They only had so much time to harvest their bounty.
The vore buffalo near where I live has proof they left the remains of most of the animals to decay... 15 - 20 feet (of remains of bone, flesh and hides) deep.
That is just the way it was...

Forum List

Back