Bleeding Heart Tightwads

The Jewish conservative journal Commentary did a similar study about 15 years back and came to the same conclusions based on tax returns and philanthropic watchdogs: conservatives are far and away more generous that hypocrite liberal windbags. Per capita, we give away twice as much money to charity as leftists. Does that surprise anyone?

The Jewish conservative journal Commentary did a similar study about 15 years back and came to the same conclusions based on tax returns and philanthropic watchdogs: conservatives are far and away more generous that hypocrite liberal windbags. Per capita, we give away twice as much money to charity as leftists. Does that surprise anyone?
The only money liberals donate is somebody else's, and they donate it to themselves.

Commentary is not a Jewish magazine. Just saying.

But yes, libs are generous. With other people's money.

Venezuela's Chavez was a big hero of the Left here. He came in with a program of Hope and Change that involved every leftist's wet dream: punish the rich, nationalize industry, screw the big corporations.
How'd that work out?
http://online.wsj.com/articles/despite-riches-venezuela-starts-food-rationing-1414025667
The country is out of basic necessities. Every adverse event was followed by more and stricter government controls. These in turn led to more problems. Price controls led to people diverting toilet paper across the border.
You cannot legislate laws of economics out of existence. Which is what the left here wants.

Commentary is not a Jewish magazine. Just saying.
Splitting hairs, but I'll concede you that one.

Rich conservatives give to charity because of the tax breaks, not because they care about others.

So all conservatives are "rich" who need "tax breaks"? Christian church volunteers and and the churches themselves are the force behind most food banks and shelters in this country. The Salvation Army is a religion, not a "rich tax shelter". Muslims do their share as well, especially doctors in big cities who do volunteer work. And so do Jewish organizations of course. Not only are leftists very stingy, they do much less community volunteer work as well. They're a mentality of "gimme", not one of giving.

Rich conservatives give to charity because of the tax breaks, not because they care about others.

So all conservatives are "rich" who need "tax breaks"? Christian church volunteers and and the churches themselves are the force behind most food banks and shelters in this country. The Salvation Army is a religion, not a "rich tax shelter". Muslims do their share as well, especially doctors in big cities who do volunteer work. And so do Jewish organizations of course. Not only are leftists very stingy, they do much less community volunteer work as well. They're a mentality of "gimme", not one of giving.
LOL Not all Christians and churches are right wing conservatives. Are you seriously taking credit for religious activity in this country, saying it is all conservative, or even mostly conservatives? How pathetic.

And you can't even read. I did not say all conservatives are rich. Tons of them are uneducated and poverty stricken. What I said was that rich conservatives (to help you along, it means those conservatives who are rich) give to charity for the tax breaks.

It's bullshit that liberals do not do charity work. In fact, it is mostly liberals who donate time to charity, not the other way around.

The difference between fiscal conservatives and liberals is that fiscal conservatives want us to give our own money to charities of our own choosing, liberals want to give our money to charities of their choosing.

When I was in college, a broke student, I lived with a liberal couple who had a son, they watched PBS all the time. I only watched Dr. Who, that was the only way to see it back in the day. They both had full time jobs, I paid my own way through school. And yes, I was a member, they were not. Funding PBS was government's job. That is the liberal way.

LOL Not all Christians and churches are right wing conservatives. Are you seriously taking credit for religious activity in this country, saying it is all conservative, or even mostly conservatives? How pathetic.

And you can't even read. I did not say all conservatives are rich. Tons of them are uneducated and poverty stricken. What I said was that rich conservatives (to help you along, it means those conservatives who are rich) give to charity for the tax breaks.
Because you've interviewed them and know this, right?
I guess rich liberals who give to symphonies and museums never take those contribitions as deductions on their taxes, right?
You are such a moron.

What I said was that rich conservatives (to help you along, it means those conservatives who are rich) give to charity for the tax breaks.

For the tax breaks? You don't pay taxes on the money you donate. But you don't get the money, the charity does. This is equivalent to saying conservatives give themselves an income cut so they don't have to pay taxes on the extra income. That's just stupid.

Why do conservatives give to the poor at the same time they say that handouts to the poor are what keep them poor?
Well because there's a difference between a helping hand from an individual and a way of life provided by do-gooders at your expense.

Accountability is just not a concept that liberals grasp. When the Red Cross raised money for the Indonesia tsunami a few years ago, they decided to redirect a lot of the money raised for the tsunami to other programs. They got slammed in public and their donors were outraged. They backed off and used the money for what it was raised for. When politicians confiscate money, there is no such accountability. That is why we want to control where our money goes. And that doesn't even count the incredible overhead and waste of government.

Forum List

Back