Blaming white people for our failure

Single parents are not the cause..

For example, in 1959 poverty for blacks was 55.1 percent. For whites it was White 18.1. Black poverty 3.044198895027624 times that of whites. This is 6 years before the Civil Rights Act and during legalized segregation. In 1966, poverty for Blacks was 41.8 percent. For whites it was 11.3 percent. Black poverty was 3.699115044247788 times that of whites. This is one year after the Civil Rights Act was passed and whites were still trying to figure it out. In 1975, poverty for Blacks was 31.3 percent. For Whites 9.7 percent. Black poverty 3.22680412371134 times that of whites 10 years after the Civil Rights Act was passed. In 1985, poverty for Blacks was 31.3 percent. For Whites 11.4 percent. Black poverty 2.745614035087719 times that of whites 20 years after the civil rights act was passed. One would think that if a real concerted effort had been made by whites relative to hiring and equal pay this would not be the case.

In 2000, Poverty for Blacks was 22.5 percent. For Whites 9.5 percent. Black poverty was 2.368421052631579 times that of whites 35 years after the Civil Rights Act. In 35 years black poverty was still twice that of whites and had decreased basically by less than a point from 1959. Therefore one can reasonably conclude that either programs and policies designed to lower poverty in the black community did not work, or the necessary effort and emphasis was not placed in trying to do what it takes to lower poverty in the black community so that it is at least comparable to that of whites.

In 2014, Poverty for Blacks was 26.2 percent. For Whites 12.7 percent. 49 years after the Civil Rights Act was passed, Black poverty was 2.062992125984252 times that of whites. Since 1959 this represents approximately .98 of a percentage point difference. From 1966, It represents approximately a 1.7 percentage decrease in over a 50 year span between blacks and whites.

In 1959, daddy was home according to the "experts." But poverty was twice as high. Yet despite the reduction in poverty, black poverty has remained double that of whites. More blacks have college educations than ever and still poverty is twice as high. The black high school graduation rate is just 2 percentage points less than whites. The UCR shows that crime is lower and drug use is basically the same in the black community and white community. So none of the consistent comments made here apply to problems blacks face.

These numbers are cited from the US Department of the census.
Table 2. Poverty Status of People by Family Relationship, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 1959 to 2014, US Department of the Census
Single parents are not the cause..
Seems that some people have a differing opinion than you do, I will go with the more intelligent people over you.

Single-Parent Family Social Problems

• Divorce. Single parents who have gone through a divorce have to adapt their lives to account for...
  • Delinquency. Children of single-parent households are more commonly involved in delinquent...
  • Low Income. Households with only one employed parent are usually in a lower income bracket...
Single-Parent Family Social Problems | Livestrong.com
www.livestrong.com/article/536203-single-parent-family-social-problems/

white women would have to work 70 years to earn what black men earn in 40 years doing the same job.

that's fucked up!

I saw a bunch of kids destroying a Walgreens in Philly a couple months ago, and assaulting employees. They got victim hood beat. Smiling happy people having fun. Didn’t see any of your posts about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I've seen white racism for 58 years. You've seen more white crime than black, but you say nothing. When I want to talk about black kids misbehaving, I'll go down to the community center and talk directly to the kids. But when I am talking to white garbage online who want to overstate black crime while excusing their own, I'm going to show you why I say that the root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. You're a nobody, I have done work in black communities in several cities. I did not do it for fame and just because you see somebody on national TV, doesn't meant they know more than those who aren't. I've been on TV where I live. I have been on radio programs. I have been interviewed and have written guest op eds on matters related to race. You are nothing but a white dude mad because I will not back down. I know what I have seen. I know why they happened. Police aren't trained in social work. I am.

Social work is what people do, when they don’t qualify for law enforcement. The curriculum is identical. Like the equivalent of being a gym teacher, and teaching kick ball.

You don't need to go to college to be a cop. The curriculum for criminal justice and social work were not the same at the university I attended.

Social work is dominated with women. You can go through an academy on your own to get hired as a patrolman. The majority of departments will send you through the academy if they have an interest in you. It’s a more rounded education, followed by yearly requirements of 40-60 minimum hours of training and certifications. Many also have masters degrees in different studies, to include social work.

If they had such educations we wouldn't be having these kinds of problems.

The majority of police these days have an minimum of a bachelor degree, and many masters degrees. Everyone has the dream that they can do a few years, and go FBI, DEA, Treasury Department, ATF etc. Unfortunately, law enforcement suffers a great deal because of hiring minority people. Take a minority woman with military background however short. You get ten points each on a civil service test for being a woman, minority, and military. That means a guy who scored a 90%, gets beat by a minority who scored a 60%. If it’s a male minority, he scores a 70%, a beats the candidate that scored 90%. Have enough 60% cops on the street, and you get what you get. The 60 or 70%ers, sometimes are very satisfied not to progress further, or stand no chances of going federal. They do sometimes go through the police ranks, and are dumb as fuck. More dummies are absorbed in big cities, than suburb PD’s. Some take the job seriously, and learn from others. The rest are just punching the clock. As far as social work goes, it’s dominated by women. And unfortunately, the clientele they receive are seriously damaged. Some try to help, and give 100%. Some just go through the motions, and are rarely questioned. Unfortunately they have almost no chance of recouping the money they put out for advanced education, and could make more money and get better benefits selling cars. I did think about law school or a masters in clinical counseling psychology. I’m glad I didn’t sell my soul to the devil, or piss my money away. The new officers today, are going to have a short span IMO. They get fried in about 3-7 years. It’s not easy to start out with a target on your back.

Forum List

Back