Black kids hitting wihite woman pinata Can't you feel the love?

You know, I can't come up with a single instance of Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, et al. inserting themselves into local law enforcement issues.

Really?

Friday evening, President George H.W. Bush spoke to the nation, denouncing "random terror and lawlessness", summarizing his discussions with Mayor Bradley and Governor Wilson, and outlining the federal assistance he was making available to local authorities. Citing the "urgent need to restore order", he warned that the "brutality of a mob" would not be tolerated, and he would "use whatever force is necessary". He then turned to the Rodney King case and a more moderate tone, describing talking to his own grandchildren and pointing to the reaction of "good and decent policemen" as well as civil rights leaders. He said he had already directed the Justice Department to begin its own investigation, saying that "grand jury action is underway today" and that justice would prevail.[35]

But when there is a racially charge issue, Obama is right in the thick of it. Not urging restraint or the systems of justice, rather sounding a bit like Al Sharpton.

Actual quote from your link, in context:

The president was speaking Friday at the end of a news conference outside of the White House announcing his nomination of Dartmouth president Jim Yong Kim for president of the World Bank.

Asked by NBC's Mike Viqueira to comment on the Martin case, which has prompted national outrage after the shooter evaded arrest for claiming he shot the unarmed teen out of self-defense, Obama said, "Obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids." He added, "I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together - federal, state, and local - to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened."

He's asked a question at a news conference. He expresses sympathy to the parents of the victim, and calls what happened "a tragedy" (which it is). He doesn't mention race. Then, he encourages collaboration within the federal, state and local justice systems to investigate what happened. He doesn't call the crime a race crime. He doesn't throw Zimmerman under the bus. He simply says that it's sad, that he can relate to the sorrow of the parents (who can't?) and he thinks it should be investigated.

There's no mob. There's no mention of lynching.

The only thing Obama incites in the quote above is an investigation.

Last edited:
Obama owns a media? A townhall column is not evidence. It's opinion.

The DNC owns the media, Obama is just the top dog of the DNC.

Obama's statements were shameful. How could anyone know what his son would look like? Obama was stating his solidarity with Martin based on race. Obama put the spotlight of the bully pulpit on the Martin death, legitimizing and boosting the protests, and putting pressure on prosecutors to move in a direction that not only the protestors demanded, but now the president demands. Obama demands we engage in "soul searching." Funny that he suggests no soul searching in the thousands of other murders that occurred in the same time frame. Obama joined with Jackson and Sharpton in a predictable show of racial outrage.

Obama owns a media? A townhall column is not evidence. It's opinion.

The DNC owns the media, Obama is just the top dog of the DNC.

Obama's statements were shameful. How could anyone know what his son would look like? Obama was stating his solidarity with Martin based on race. Obama put the spotlight of the bully pulpit on the Martin death, legitimizing and boosting the protests, and putting pressure on prosecutors to move in a direction that not only the protestors demanded, but now the president demands. Obama demands we engage in "soul searching." Funny that he suggests no soul searching in the thousands of other murders that occurred in the same time frame. Obama joined with Jackson and Sharpton in a predictable show of racial outrage.

Wow. You read a lot into a 20-second answer to a question at a news conference. And, most of what you heard wasn't said. Obama made zero references to prosecutors, and said nothing about bringing the case to trial. He "incited" the seeking of answers about what happened.

That's a very different thing. I also don't see any racial outrage. I see a little parent outrage, but I think that's natural. My 14-year-old son and his friends and I have had numerous conversations about this situation, and cases of mistaken identity, and not being out running around at 2 a.m., etc.

You appear to want Obama to conform to your paradigms, rather than looking at what he actually said through the pragmatic lens of being a parent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back