Black kids hitting wihite woman pinata Can't you feel the love?

From my perspective, racial tensions are higher than they have been in 50 years, with Obama and his media actively fanning the flames.

As the parent of two mixed race kids, I have to say that I think it's better than it's ever been. Although, there are some people out there who are really fixated on Obama's race.

It's Obama who seems fixated on race - and his media.

I suspect that if you compared Obama's quotes on race, and Sean Hannity/Rush Limbaugh on the subject, Hannity/Limbaugh would beat him 10/1 in terms of mentions of the subject.

Of course, I haven't conducted a scientific study of this, but that's my observation. I rarely notice Obama mentioning racial issues in speeches or press conferences. But, Hannity and Limbaugh talk about it daily.

yes it sure is.

defending cheating in elections and discriminating against black people doesnt win many black votes

I suspect that if you compared Obama's quotes on race, and Sean Hannity/Rush Limbaugh on the subject, Hannity/Limbaugh would beat him 10/1 in terms of mentions of the subject.

I doubt it, strongly.

But even if it were true, Obama is the president, Rush Limbaugh is not.

I expect more from a president than I do a talk show hosts. Clearly the left does not.

Of course, I haven't conducted a scientific study of this, but that's my observation. I rarely notice Obama mentioning racial issues in speeches or press conferences. But, Hannity and Limbaugh talk about it daily.

I don't listen to Hannity or Limbaugh daily, so I can't say. But I've actually never stumbled across Limbaugh saying anything about race. I don't think he cares about that, it's more "left / right."

The left is hung up on race, skin color is the most important factor. The right generally cares more about economic and social positions.

For us to get there it may take a few more generations.:doubt:

I sure hope not.

My oldest daughter married (then divorced) a black man. My granddaughter from her looks very black. I would wish her a world that didn't judge based on color. I don't understand why everyone wouldn't wish that.

My mother is white and my father is Black and I agree with you 100%, you wouldn't believe the hell my parents got from others for being married.:doubt:

I doubt it, strongly.

But even if it were true, Obama is the president, Rush Limbaugh is not.

I expect more from a president than I do a talk show hosts.

I would like to challenge you to do something. See if you can find ten instances where Obama discussed race during the past year, and link to them. I don't remember Obama EVER addressing the issue of race in the past year, but perhaps I just am not paying attention.

I would like to challenge you to do something. See if you can find ten instances where Obama discussed race during the past year, and link to them. I don't remember Obama EVER addressing the issue of race in the past year, but perhaps I just am not paying attention.

I'm going to answer your question with a question;

{"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin: If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said. } - U.S. News - Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon'

Do you think that is racially charged?

What about;

{"But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

The incident, Obama said, shows "how race remains a factor in this society."}

Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' - CNN

I'm going to answer your question with a question;

{"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin: If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said. } - U.S. News - Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon'

Do you think that is racially charged?

It isn't, to me. Perhaps because two of my son's closest friends look a lot like Trayvon Martin, and one of them lives in Sanford.

What about;

{"But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

The incident, Obama said, shows "how race remains a factor in this society."}

Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' - CNN

Second quote is from 2009, and I don't think anyone can argue that there's a history of disproportionate enforcement directed at blacks and Latinos.

That's two quotes you've provided, and only one is from this year.

This is not a president who says much about race. But, he's black. So, for a lot of people, it's the elephant in the room a lot of the time.

It isn't, to me. Perhaps because two of my son's closest friends look a lot like Trayvon Martin, and one of them lives in Sanford.

What your son's friends look like is entirely irrelevant. Obama inserts himself into law enforcement situation based on the race, the skin color of those involved, yet you don't grasp the incitement inherent in his actions.

I brought these up because you said you hadn't witnessed Obama inciting and fanning racial tension. Here, in an in-your-face example, you likewise ignore or deny the act. So I'm going to say that you simply reject the obvious.

Second quote is from 2009, and I don't think anyone can argue that there's a history of disproportionate enforcement directed at blacks and Latinos.

What relevance does that have to Obama interjecting himself into a local law enforcement situation based on the skin color of those involved?

That's two quotes you've provided, and only one is from this year.

This is not a president who says much about race. But, he's black. So, for a lot of people, it's the elephant in the room a lot of the time.

My point is that Obama does fan racial flames, but it appears you ignore it.

What your son's friends look like is entirely irrelevant. Obama inserts himself into law enforcement situation based on the race, the skin color of those involved, yet you don't grasp the incitement inherent in his actions.

What is he inciting to say, "my kids might look like this victim"? That isn't incitement.

Inciting is: "to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot."

What action was Obama inciting when he made that comment? He was pointing out the obvious. His daughters are just as dark as Trayvon Martin.

My point is that Obama does fan racial flames, but it appears you ignore it.

If you want to allege that Obama is responsible for an increase in racial conflict in the U.S., you're going to have to come up with more than 2 examples (one extremely tenuous) in the past 4 years.

You found ONE INSTANCE in a year where Obama discussed race. ONE.

Yes, it is incitement, because he was speaking to a mob that wanted Zimmerman rounded up.

If you speak directly to a mob with words that are meant to justify their feelings of outrage, you are inciting them.

What is he inciting to say, "my kids might look like this victim"? That isn't incitement.

You know, I can't come up with a single instance of Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, et al. inserting themselves into local law enforcement issues.

But when there is a racially charge issue, Obama is right in the thick of it. Not urging restraint or the systems of justice, rather sounding a bit like Al Sharpton.

Inciting is: "to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot."

And what are Obama's words intended to do in regard to Zimmerman? Red meat to the lynch mob.

What action was Obama inciting when he made that comment? He was pointing out the obvious. His daughters are just as dark as Trayvon Martin.

Which is the ONLY fact that Obama cares about.

My point precisely.

If you want to allege that Obama is responsible for an increase in racial conflict in the U.S., you're going to have to come up with more than 2 examples (one extremely tenuous) in the past 4 years.

I think we've established that no amount of evidence will sway you.

You found ONE INSTANCE in a year where Obama discussed race. ONE.

I did say Obama and his media.

Obama's Racial Politics - Walter E. Williams - Townhall Conservative Columnists

Forum List

Back