Bill Clinton was a sleazy dog of a human being, but he kicked ass at president

Wait, let me get this straight.

Bill Clinton, the man who failed to capture or kill Bin Laden during his presidency, but tried to several times, is somehow worse than:

The man who funded, trained, and supplied weapons to Bin Laden and the radical Muslim militias that became Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Training a group of farmers and merchants into a force that could repel the Sovet Union...and fly planes into American buildings, destroy ships, kill thousands of US Citizens - Ronald Reagan?

The man who put tens of thousands of American troops on Muslim holy land, inciting widespread hatred and anger among a majority of Muslims worldwide, and leading to Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda swearing a jihad against the United States - George Bush I?

The man who ignored several very serious warnings from his intelligence chiefs about an immediate threat of attack against the United States by Al Qaeda. An attack his NORAD, military, intelligence, and strategic officers failed to repel which would have required no more than following existing procedures, who allowed the greatest terrorist attack on American soil via his negligence, and who failed to unite the world or the country in the face of such a tragedy but instead exploited it for his own twisted, violent ends -George Bush II?

Sorry, that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Is Clinton responsible for not catching or killing Bin Laden? Of course he is. Are both Bushes and Reagan far more responsible for creating, arming, funding, training, allowing to fester and kill all moderate, secular, or democratically-inlined Afghanis with our support, then pissing off, and ignoring until they were unbelievably successful in carrying out an easily-preventable attack? Of course they were

I don't get why this baseless talking point that tries to pin all of the economic success of Clinton on Reagan and Bush and all the national security and military failures of Bush II on Clinton is what gets parroted around.

If you want to make a substantive criticism of Bill Clinton, why he was a bad president in terms of foreign affairs, and how he failed to respond to Al Qaeda, talk about the fact that his attack on a so-called "Al Qaeda Weapons Factory" turned out to be the Al-Shifa Pharmaceutical Plant that produced most of the anti-Malarial medicine in Sudan and caused hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths and sparked the crisis in Darfur.

ok ok you don't have to post it twice jez

BTY Reagan only supplied stinger missiles. unless you have proof otherwise

Amazing.
You can mention Clinton's failures in Somalia and the Left responds, "but what about Bush?" You can mention FDR's failures at Yalta and the Left would still somehow point to Bush.
The fact remains that Clinton's actions led to 9/11 because he treated previous terrorist incidents as crimes rather than war, as Bush did.
I have yet to hear something that Clinton did that wasn't already proposed by the Republicans.

I shall quote you word for word and then give you the answer... You said, "I have yet to hear something that Clinton did that wasn't already proposed by the Republicans." Well, I never knew a Republican that stored his cigars in quite the same way as Clinton did.

OK. I have to hand it to him for that one. You're absolutely right; just kick-ass.:lol:

Bill Clinton was a sleazy dog of a human being, but he kicked ass at president

Eh, he cheated like so many other men do. A sleazy dog? Nope, a politician who cheated just like so many republicans did this year.

Crime Rates

Crime Rate Graphs - SecurityWorld.com

Economy, various aspects
Graphs of the Components of the Economy Scores for Presidential Administrations
More economic graphs
Politics and the Economy

The hanky panky can't be excused but damn, a prosperous nation i'd say

talk about, criticize etc. but don't be an asshole

I concur, I liked clinton which is why i voted for him in his 2nd term. Yeah yeah he lied under oath and cheated on the hillabeast but as president he actually REDUCED OUR DEBT....which most of you know is one of my top sore spots with the last president and congress and even more sore now with this president and congress.

He may have been asleep at the al-quaeda wheel though, not sure on that one.

Clinton was not responsible for nor should he get credit for the information/tech/internet boom which provided most of the engine of prosparity and surplus. The joke is that all he did was hold off the bursting of the bubble.

What is the true legacy of Clinton was the consolidation of the media which is one of the worst things any president has ever done. For that Clinton is a piece of shit.

Amazing.
You can mention Clinton's failures in Somalia and the Left responds, "but what about Bush?" You can mention FDR's failures at Yalta and the Left would still somehow point to Bush.
The fact remains that Clinton's actions led to 9/11 because he treated previous terrorist incidents as crimes rather than war, as Bush did.
I have yet to hear something that Clinton did that wasn't already proposed by the Republicans.

I shall quote you word for word and then give you the answer... You said, "I have yet to hear something that Clinton did that wasn't already proposed by the Republicans." Well, I never knew a Republican that stored his cigars in quite the same way as Clinton did.

OK. I have to hand it to him for that one. You're absolutely right; just kick-ass.:lol:

no response i see. i take it you realized you lost.

Yes. When someone brought up Clinton's brilliant new use for a cigar I just had to declare defeat in the face of such genius.
You are right. Clinton's policies towards cigars makes him one kick ass president. How could I have doubted??

Yes. When someone brought up Clinton's brilliant new use for a cigar I just had to declare defeat in the face of such genius.
You are right. Clinton's policies towards cigars makes him one kick ass president. How could I have doubted??

no, i mean to your original claims i refuted

You haven't refuted a single one of them. You've merely repeated yourself and posted some skiff off the clinton library website.

You haven't refuted a single one of them. You've merely repeated yourself and posted some skiff off the clinton library website.

your denial is pathetic

what mantra is that exactly?

That Clinton had accomplishments as president that made his tenure worthwhile. I would agree with that, IF the only criterion was creative use of cigars.

you clearly resent facts

No, I embrace them. As I said, it is a fact that Clinton pioneered new uses for cigars. And I admit this makes his presidency the premier one in the century.
As for whatever claptrap you've posted, the fact remains that any of it that was worthwhile started as a conservative position. The rest of us it was useless or counterproductive or overshadowed by the great harm he did.

Forum List

Back