Bill Clinton was a sleazy dog of a human being, but he kicked ass at president

I dont know why there is this sudden obsession with Clinton, 9 years after.
Anyway, he was the only president in the 20th century to be impeached. He inherited a booming economy and benefitted from the tech boom. His reckless actions directly led to 9/11 and he left office as a recession started.
Any accomplishment he had, like welfare reform, was a conservative idea.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
proof?

Anyway, he was the only president in the 20th century to be impeached. He inherited a booming economy and benefitted from the tech boom. His reckless actions directly led to 9/11 and he left office as a recession started.

proof?

I dont think he is crazy, he has a legitimate claim there. Like sunni man said reagan's economic policies as continued by bush SR made our economy very strong, and Clinton did reap the tech boom benefit.

I just like that clinton took advantage of it to pay down the debt instead of starting a national boondoggle like his wife wanted with Govt Health Care.

Like I said i'm all about the defecit, and Clinton reduced the amount of wealth that we, as taxpayers and as a nation, were bleeding in interest payments.

My 2 cents

proof?

I dont think he is crazy, he has a legitimate claim there. Like sunni man said reagan's economic policies as continued by bush SR made our economy very strong, and Clinton did reap the tech boom benefit.

I just like that clinton took advantage of it to pay down the debt instead of starting a national boondoggle like his wife wanted with Govt Health Care.

Like I said i'm all about the defecit, and Clinton reduced the amount of wealth that we, as taxpayers and as a nation, were bleeding in interest payments.

My 2 cents

yeah i felt bad about those little crazy smilies about ten seconds later

Crime Rates

Crime Rate Graphs - SecurityWorld.com

Economy, various aspects
Graphs of the Components of the Economy Scores for Presidential Administrations
More economic graphs
Politics and the Economy

The hanky panky can't be excused but damn, a prosperous nation i'd say

talk about, criticize etc. but don't be an asshole

I concur, I liked clinton which is why i voted for him in his 2nd term. Yeah yeah he lied under oath and cheated on the hillabeast but as president he actually REDUCED OUR DEBT....which most of you know is one of my top sore spots with the last president and congress and even more sore now with this president and congress.

He may have been asleep at the al-quaeda wheel though, not sure on that one.

Everyone was though prior to 9/11. After the Berlin Wall fell no one knew what to expect. You had folks writing about Hot and Cold wars with Japan for Pete's Sake.

Clinton was a good President, but part of that was the adversarial relationship he had with Newt. It got out of hand with the impeachment, but the GOP desire to unseat Clinton kept them to principles and the fact that Constitutionally the Congress has an enormous amount of power meant Clinton had to work with them. It was a good time for fans of divided government like myself.

proof?

Proof of what? That he was impeached? This information is readily available.
Why don't you post what made Clinton such a great president and we can take it from there. Include only things that he actually did, not things that just happened during his term.

proof?

Why don't you post what made Clinton such a great president and we can take it from there. Include only things that he actually did, not things that just happened during his term.

no proof he led to 9/11, and that dubya was totally innocent.

here's some stuff
The Clinton Record - Clinton's Accomplishments

Clinton-Gore Administration Accomplishments: 1993 - 2000

Bill Clinton Biography - Forty-second President of the United States

here's some stuff

Bill Clinton Biography - Forty-second President of the United States
Rep. John Murtha Urged Somalia Pullout in '93
Check 2nd paragraph.
No, I don't want to see a bunch of links. I want to know what you think made Clinton a good president, what his accomplishments were.

Last edited:

here's some stuff

Bill Clinton Biography - Forty-second President of the United States[/QUOT]
Rep. John Murtha Urged Somalia Pullout in '93
Check 2nd paragraph.
No, I don't want to see a bunch of links. I want to know what you think made Clinton a good president, what his accomplishments were.

news max blaming clinton. shocker. there are anti-obama ads all over the site. i hope your partisanship isn't always that bad.
100% PROOF: BUSH LIED & LET 9/11 HAPPEN ON PURPOSE. - Everything 9/11 - Politics & Current Events - Davey D's Hip Hop Political Palace - Message Board - Yuku look what i can do, turn the whole thing around

Direct Student Loan program, gave low interest loans to students who wanted a higher education
he provided generous tax cuts to those under 27,000 in income.
GATT, NAFTA. A trade genius

Yeah, free trade is a conservative/GOP principle. Which is why Obama is trying to sabotage it now.
And if the link had biased info it should be easy for you to refute what's on it rather than just shouting bias.

Yeah, free trade is a conservative/GOP principle. Which is why Obama is trying to sabotage it now.
And if the link had biased info it should be easy for you to refute what's on it rather than just shouting bias.

'CLINTON TRIED TO KILL BIN LADEN'' Late 1998-January 2001:

President Clinton signs a directive authorizing the CIA to plan an assassination of bin Laden. The CIA draw up detailed profiles of bin Laden's daily routines, where he sleeps, and his travel arrangements. The assassination never happens, supposedly because of inadequate intelligence. The US permanently stations two submarines in the Indian Ocean, ready to hit al-Qaeda with cruise missiles on short notice. Six to ten hours advance warning is now needed to review the decision, program the cruise missiles and have them reach their target.

On at least three occasions, spies in Afghanistan report bin Laden's location with information suggesting he would remain there for some time. Each time, Clinton approves the strike. Each time, CIA Director George Tenet says the information is not reliable enough and the attack cannot go forward. [Washington Post, 12/19/01, New York Times, 12/30/01]

The submarines are removed shortly after President Bush takes office.

this means bush could have waited longer and killed bin lauden but decided to pull out and focus on operation ignore, clinton tried to kill osama, and had they stuck with it, they probably would have.

and btw, they had to pull out of there, U.S. soldiers were dying fruitlessly. And you made the claim he was reckless? he didn't pull out for no good reason, as your own article says. He made a tough decision to save u.s. troops lives.

Bubba was a D+ to C-, tops.

He, along with congress, took all the credit for the alleged "balanced budget" and completely mythical surplus, when that eventuality had been on track for about a decade.

The debacle that was the original socialized medicine scheme.

Waco and aiding and abetting the Ruby Ridge coverup.

The republican rout in '94 was as much a product of Bubba's overreach as anything the republicans did.

Impeached...Yeah, whatever....He still lost the vote in the HoR, like Nixon would have, and that counts.

Held in contempt of court.

Numerous military incursions into the internal affairs of other nations, that were none of our business.

Abuse of a perfectly good cigar.

President Clinton signs a directive authorizing the CIA to plan an assassination of bin Laden. The CIA draw up detailed profiles of bin Laden's daily routines, where he sleeps, and his travel arrangements. The assassination never happens, supposedly because of inadequate intelligence. The US permanently stations two submarines in the Indian Ocean, ready to hit al-Qaeda with cruise missiles on short notice. Six to ten hours advance warning is now needed to review the decision, program the cruise missiles and have them reach their target.

On at least three occasions, spies in Afghanistan report bin Laden's location with information suggesting he would remain there for some time. Each time, Clinton approves the strike. Each time, CIA Director George Tenet says the information is not reliable enough and the attack cannot go forward. [Washington Post, 12/19/01, New York Times, 12/30/01]

this means bush could have waited longer and killed bin lauden but decided to pull out and focus on operation ignore, clinton tried to kill osama, and had they stuck with it, they probably would have.

and btw, they had to pull out of there, U.S. soldiers were dying fruitlessly. And you made the claim he was reckless? he didn't pull out for no good reason, as your own article says. He made a tough decision to save u.s. troops lives.

You failed to refute my point (that Clinton's actions encouraged bin Laden) and you failed to address my question why you think Clinton was so great.
Next.

You failed to refute my point (that Clinton's actions encouraged bin Laden) and you failed to address my question why you think Clinton was so great.
Next.

post 28 i DID answer your question.
And your claim was he directly led to 9/11 with reckless decisions, which i refuted weren't reckless based on your own article, and that it wasn't clinton's fault, he actually organized an assassination team that BUSH withdrawed, destroying the chance of taking bin laden out. BUSH led to 9/11, with HIS reckless decisions. next

No actually it didnt. And I pointed out for the most part Clinton's achievement (free trade) was a GOP issue from the start.
I think we're done here.

He, along with congress, took all the credit for the alleged "balanced budget" and completely mythical surplus, when that eventuality had been on track for about a decade.

The republican rout in '94 was as much a product of Bubba's overreach as anything the republicans did.

Impeached...Yeah, whatever....He still lost the vote in the HoR, like Nixon would have, and that counts.

Numerous military incursions into the internal affairs of other nations, that were none of our business.

I don't know how I could forget about Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Elian Gonzalez. He goes to a C- in my book, now.

I don't know how I could forget about Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Elian Gonzalez. He goes to a C- in my book, now.

I can't believe the right wing still defends keeping Elian Gonzalez away from his father....what assholes

I can't believe the right wing still defends keeping Elian Gonzalez away from his father....what assholes
Thanks for the close-miinded and ignorant assumption. That's not the point. The point was the overreach of federal power. Utterly abusive.

Thanks for the close-miinded and ignorant assumption. That's not the point. The point was the overreach of federal power. Utterly abusive.
Exactly.

He could have gone back with his Dad by other means.

Exactly.

He could have gone back with his Dad by other means.

Oh really?

The kid was ordered returned to his father and his relatives refused to give him up. The family was in the grips of the Cuban community and turned it into a circus.

Maybe they should have just asked politely like they did at Waco. republicans are such wimps

111wtcreutersitaly.jpg

lets not forget his biggest accomplishment

Forum List

Back