Michael Steele Basically Calls Obama a Racist

Mr. Capitalism

Aug 10, 2009
And pretty much an Uncle Tom: " “I found that to be stunning, that the White House would send word to one of only two black governors in the country not to run for re-election. And it just raised a curious point for me. I think … Gov. Paterson's numbers are about the same as Gov. Corzine's numbers, yet the president was with Gov. Corzine."

Anyone agree that Obama clearly hates black people?

And pretty much an Uncle Tom: " “I found that to be stunning, that the White House would send word to one of only two black governors in the country not to run for re-election. And it just raised a curious point for me. I think … Gov. Paterson's numbers are about the same as Gov. Corzine's numbers, yet the president was with Gov. Corzine."

Why, I thought it would be admirable that Obama does not use race in determining whom he will support

ok wtf? first the "deep seeded hatred for the white man" and now this? i really don't think obama IS ALL THAT CONCERNED ABOUT RACE.

Obama clearly loves all Americans. Steele is very ignorant, he is a token and doesn't even know it!

Michael Steele also stated that he was going to infuse new blood into the GOP by using Hip-Hop. Did you believe that too?

Obama clearly loves all Americans. Steele is very ignorant, he is a token and doesn't even know it!
Racist.

Si modo...if you don't have any idea that race played a factor in bringing Michael Steele to the front of the GOP....well....come on, I know you are smarter than that.:eusa_whistle:
I've been a supporter of Michael Steele before most in the nation ever even heard his name. He is sharp, wise, an excellent analyst, and honorable. The powers that be at the GOP also know that. He is in that position for reasons other than the fact that he is Black. It's a racist meme.

Si modo...if you don't have any idea that race played a factor in bringing Michael Steele to the front of the GOP....well....come on, I know you are smarter than that.:eusa_whistle:
I've been a supporter of Michael Steele before most in the nation ever even heard his name. He is sharp, wise, an excellent analyst, and honorable. The powers that be at the GOP also know that. He is in that position for reasons other than the fact that he is Black. It's a racist meme.

I'm with you on this Si Modo!

In fact, I think Michael Steele should be the brains behind the republican party for the next twenty years

That is a fair opinion, and I appreciate your point of view. But let me ask you this, IF Barack Obama had been defeated by John McCain, do you feel Michael Steele would still be the head of the GOP today?

That is a fair opinion, and I appreciate your point of view. But let me ask you this, IF Barack Obama had been defeated by John McCain, do you feel Michael Steele would still be the head of the GOP today?
No. John McCain would be as that's how it's done. But, let's say it was some other Dem who won, yes I do believe that. He has the credentials to do the job regardless of his race.

No. John McCain would be as that's how it's done. But, let's say it was some other Dem who won, yes I do believe that. He has the credentials to do the job regardless of his race.

Well, if that is your honest opinion, then I will respect that and we will simply have to agree to disagree. Again.

Obama is very concerned about race. Just look at these quotes from his first book:

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

"It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."

Well, if that is your honest opinion, then I will respect that and we will simply have to agree to disagree. Again.
Thanks.

But I can't help think that those who spread such a meme are marginalizing an individual for their race. I have never liked that. Marginalize him for fundraising issues, for bad analyses, for bad strategy, etc. - but his race should be irrelevant.

Same with Hillary Rodham Clinton. Gripe about her policies, her methodology of foreign relations, her political strategies, etc. - but leave her gender out of it. That is irrelevant.

Even IF it is relevant among some, by spreading that, it contributes to an ugly -ism, IMO. Or, perhaps I'm just a hopelessly optimistic ideologue.

Last edited:

Thanks.

But I can't help think that those who spread such a meme are marginalizing an individual for their race. I have never liked that. Marginalize him for fundraising issues, for bad analyses, for bad strategy, etc. - but his race should be irrelevant.

Same with Hillary Rodham Clinton. Gripe about her policies, her methodology of foreign relations, her political strategies, etc. - but leave her gender out of it. That is irrelevant.

Even IF it is relevant among some, by spreading that, it contributes to an ugly -ism, IMO. Or, perhaps I'm just a hopelessly optimistic ideologue.

I agree with this premise 99.9% of the time. Unfortunately, IMHO, there is simply too kuch evidence that fatcors OTHER than Steele's credentials were at play on this decision by the GOP.

Thanks.

I agree with this premise 99.9% of the time. Unfortunately, IMHO, there is simply too kuch evidence that fatcors OTHER than Steele's credentials were at play on this decision by the GOP.
Perhaps I just need a dose of reality. Could you please give me specifics of that evidence? I'm not being argumentative, but seeing if I'm being willfully blind to a bit of reality.

I'm with you on this Si Modo!

In fact, I think Michael Steele should be the brains behind the republican party for the next twenty years

I hope he is. It would garentee that the Republican party would lose every election for the next 20 years. MS can't even stand up to Rush.

Michael Steele also stated that he was going to infuse new blood into the GOP by using Hip-Hop. Did you believe that too?

Michael Steele is a lost puppy. I guess now all the blacks who didn't vote for him when he lost the Senate run are racists, somehow. Probably all the whites that didn't support him too.

Michael Steele is a lost puppy. I guess now all the blacks who didn't vote for him when he lost the Senate run are racists, somehow. Probably all the whites that didn't support him too.

I live in Virginia, so with ouor Governor's race right arouund the corner, I assumed I would see some of these new Hip-Hop RNC ads supporting McDonnell. To date, I have seen NONE. Has anyone?

Forum List

Back