Bill Clinton was a draft dodger

PATHETIC how he was vetted by theleft wing media .

pathetic and a disgrace

Clinton wasa freakingdisgrace - pulled every avilable stringto escapethe draft

simple as night and day

Didn't you post this once before? Dubya went into the guard...pretty much the same thing. Limbaugh, had a something wrong with his ass. Gingrich got lucky.

Why didn't Romney go? He was the right age. Student deferment? Dick Cheney?
Karl Rove-student deferment.

There are many who did and didn't go. I don't think that Clinton's "dodging" was any less honorable than the above-mentioned.

simple as night and day

Didn't you post this once before? Dubya went into the guard...pretty much the same thing. Limbaugh, had a something wrong with his ass. Gingrich got lucky.

There are many who did and didn't go. I don't think that Clinton's "dodging" was any less honorable than the above-mentioned.

When/where did you serve, asswipe?

simple as night and day

When/where did you serve, asswipe?

Her response was a fair one.

and her service is irrelevant. she's pointing out that the wacko drunk o/p is deranged.

and her service is irrelevant. she's pointing out that the wacko drunk o/p is deranged.

OP has a valid point.

Clinton was born Aug. 19, 1946My cousin (KIA in Vietnam, USMC, Dec. 65) was born in Dec. 1945.

I fail to see why President Clinton didn't have anything to do with service in Vietnam.

OP has a valid point.

Clinton was born Aug. 19, 1946My cousin (KIA in Vietnam, USMC, Dec. 65) was born in Dec. 1945.

I fail to see why President Clinton didn't have anything to do with service in Vietnam.

For the same reason that Gingritch did not and that Bush did not go to Nam.

They did not want to and could avoid it.

Myself, I was drafted from electronics tech school and put in the jungles and such of Nam.
I did not have enough "suction" to aviod it.

Myself, I was drafted from electronics tech school and put in the jungles and such of Nam.
I did not have enough "suction" to aviod it.

Most who served in Nam were volunteers.
You were drafted into the Army I take it. When?
My cousin was one of the first there - trained in the P.I. in 64, arrived in 65. Served with Utter's Battalion 2/7 (Batanga Peninsula)

simple as night and day
I don't think he was a draft dodger. Yeah, he burned his draft card but there is a famous letter he wrote that says (and I paraphrase) "I won't go to Canada because I want to retain my political viability".

I don't get all the hate for the Vietnam era draft dodgers, I really don't. Wasn't it a pointless war? Aren't you supposed to have been smart to have found a way to weasel your way out of it?

If I was of draft age at that time maybe I'd have done the same thing. Plenty of WWII vets were against the Vietnam war.

Robert McNamara admits in the documentary "The Fog of War" that the Gulf of Tonkin incident never happened. Wasn't that the main reason for going in there?

Forum List

Back