Big win for believers in the Constitution.

Yeah, we felt the same way in my state when gay marriage invaded. We had a vote on SSM years earlier and it was voted down, but the courts believed their ruling overrides our vote.

Interesting that you point that out.

In this case you have Congress telling the states what they must do.
In the case of the 'gay marriage'- and also gun rights- we had the Supreme Court telling states that they cannot have unconstitutional laws.

Not really. In this case you have Congress that wants to tell states what they can't do. No different than gay marriage.

There is one difference. The Supreme Court ruled that same sex marriage was a right. The Supreme Court has also ruled that the individual states have the right to regulate guns without violating the 2nd amendment.

The Supreme Court said it was an individual right.

I know. But in the very same ruling they said this:

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

Wrong.

You should move to a communist state. I mean it's obvious that's where your heart is.

The House voted to allow concealed carry across state lines. Now the bill moves to the Senate where 2nd Amendment hating democrats will hold their breaths until they turn blue.

House approves concealed-carry reciprocity, gun bill faces challenge in Senate
Just what the hell are these people so afraid of that they have to carry guns all over the place? Most of us don't. We are not afraid. This is a mental disorder. I go about my business in the United States of America every day since my birth and I see no need whatsoever to carry a loaded gun. Who are these Americans who are so besieged? Where are they? Who is threatening them? I think that these people who have to carry around loaded guns are paranoid cowards.
so you think cops are paranoid cowards?

The House voted to allow concealed carry across state lines. Now the bill moves to the Senate where 2nd Amendment hating democrats will hold their breaths until they turn blue.

Just what the hell are these people so afraid of that they have to carry guns all over the place? Most of us don't. We are not afraid. This is a mental disorder. I go about my business in the United States of America every day since my birth and I see no need whatsoever to carry a loaded gun. Who are these Americans who are so besieged? Where are they? Who is threatening them? I think that these people who have to carry around loaded guns are paranoid cowards.
Cops have authority given them by society as a whole and they are highly trained. I'm talking about the non-cops who think that they are soooo special, and they are usually dumb, untrained, and probably crazy.

So much for 'State's Rights'

Nonsense. States cannot violate the constitutional right of American citizens to arm themselves any more than the feds can.

We keep trying to explain that to you retards, but you just don't get it.

The right to arm yourself does not equate to hiding that arm on yourself.
It does not deny it either.

Remember what the Bill of Rights is. It is NOT an instrument for the government to hand out rights, nor is it an instrument for the government to protect rights.

It is an instrument that forbids the government from infringing rights.

Cops have authority given them by society as a whole and they are highly trained. I'm talking about the non-cops who think that they are soooo special, and they are usually dumb, untrained, and probably crazy.
highly trained? what fantasy world do you live in most cops have little if any training. As for authority the second amendment trumps your claim we don't have the authority granted by the constitution.

Yeah you obviously haven't been around many cops..or around many people who pack.

I know who I'd rather have behind me in a shoot out. Let me be clear...not the cop.

I would love to see most cops removed from their posts..we have way too many. And have them sit in their hidey holes until there is an emergency and they're called..just like firemen and paramedics.

Another kick in the balls to state rights by the Repubs. Go figure.

Does the state have the right to decide what an illegal search or seizure is? Does the state have the right to decide that there is to be one religion practiced within that state?

No. Obviously not. Those are individual rights. The right to freedom of speech. We would not allow a State to decide that the right to an attorney is to be decided on a case by case basis. We would not allow the State to decide that the proscription against cruel and unusable punishment did not include beatings to get the guilty to confess.

The problem is that you see the Second Amendment as a collective right, instead of an individual right. States Rights can not trump individual rights. That has always been the limit. That is what ended the poll tax, the tests for the right of the individual to vote, and the other schemes to minimize the franchise. States Rights did not trump the individual rights, and never should.

The Second Amendment is an individual right, just as the first, third, fourth, and so on. Texas was just in the news when a Sheriff said that he was going to prosecute someone who had written Fuck Trump on the back window of their truck. The Sheriff was reminded of the Supreme Court decision that showed that was an individual right protected under the First Amendment. Why was decent communication not considered a States Right issue?

Yeah, we felt the same way in my state when gay marriage invaded. We had a vote on SSM years earlier and it was voted down, but the courts believed their ruling overrides our vote.

In the case of the 'gay marriage'- and also gun rights- we had the Supreme Court telling states that they cannot have unconstitutional laws.

Not really. In this case you have Congress that wants to tell states what they can't do. No different than gay marriage.

There is one difference. The Supreme Court ruled that same sex marriage was a right. The Supreme Court has also ruled that the individual states have the right to regulate guns without violating the 2nd amendment.

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

But that isn't what national wide reciprocity addresses. What this law addresses is that my CCW permit should be just as good as a driver's license, which is a privilege but recognized in all states. That is fundamentally wrong (& no, I'm not saying we should suspend reciprocity with drivers licenses). There are still procedures one must go through to get a permit. The onus is still on the individual to follow the law regardless of location. We pretty much have nation wide shall issue (with notable exceptions), but the data on this particular area is already. It isn't the concealed permit carrier who is the problem. We should not be persecuted accordingly. Let's have a crime bill which actually addresses crime. I am all for mandatory sentences for criminals who use weapons in a crime. They should be punished severely & with extreme prejudice.

The measure is a win/win: Reciprocity and improvements to the background check process.

Unfortunately the bill will likely die in the Senate.

Regarding fixing the background check process, as long as due process is followed & as long as it is not for stupid things like unpaid parking tickets. It has to be for things like mental unfitness supported by medical evaluation by a competent medical authority.

tired of hearing this have you forgotten that the constitution specifically says every State should honor the laws of other states. since most states have concealed carry laws those laws by virtue of the constitution should be universal.

It is not a requirement for states to honor other states' laws. They have the freedom to do so. You think that every blue state law should be honored no matter how perverted it is. I'll bet if you didn't like the law in question, you would be taking the opposite position.

ZygliA20171206A_low.jpg
So you think once a law is passed it can never be reversed?

tired of hearing this have you forgotten that the constitution specifically says every State should honor the laws of other states. since most states have concealed carry laws those laws by virtue of the constitution should be universal.

It is not a requirement for states to honor other states' laws. They have the freedom to do so. You think that every blue state law should be honored no matter how perverted it is. I'll bet if you didn't like the law in question, you would be taking the opposite position.
But every state is required to honor Constitutional law. Does the right to bear arms sound familiar.

At 48 years old I've had more training and experience with firearms than the majority of police officers I've met.

But that isn't what national wide reciprocity addresses. What this law addresses is that my CCW permit should be just as good as a driver's license, which is a privilege but recognized in all states. That is fundamentally wrong (& no, I'm not saying we should suspend reciprocity with drivers licenses). There are still procedures one must go through to get a permit. The onus is still on the individual to follow the law regardless of location. We pretty much have nation wide shall issue (with notable exceptions), but the data on this particular area is already. It isn't the concealed permit carrier who is the problem. We should not be persecuted accordingly. Let's have a crime bill which actually addresses crime. I am all for mandatory sentences for criminals who use weapons in a crime. They should be punished severely & with extreme prejudice.

There is no federal law requiring driver's license reciprocity. I'm saying that from memory of this issue coming up a long time ago, dang, I hope I'm remembering it correctly.

Wrong.

You should move to a communist state. I mean it's obvious that's where your heart is.

Wrong about what? I just quoted the Supreme Court decision verbatim. You fucking retard.

The measure is a win/win: Reciprocity and improvements to the background check process.

Unfortunately the bill will likely die in the Senate.

Regarding fixing the background check process, as long as due process is followed & as long as it is not for stupid things like unpaid parking tickets. It has to be for things like mental unfitness supported by medical evaluation by a competent medical authority.
We should put this standard on voting.

There is no federal law requiring driver's license reciprocity. I'm saying that from memory of this issue coming up a long time ago, dang, I hope I'm remembering it correctly.
State CDL Class A licenses are valid in all 50 states and many provinces in Canada. It is controlled by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations under the authority of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations.

Each state must honor a CDL regardless of where it is issued.

But every state is required to honor Constitutional law. Does the right to bear arms sound familiar.

At 48 years old I've had more training and experience with firearms than the majority of police officers I've met.
so what National Guard post do you belong to? If you aren't in any position of authority, given by U.S. society, how do the rest of us know that you are not, for instance, some cheap KKK whore willing to fire at anything? Why should your fellow Americans trust your judgment in a pinch? Gun totters are cheap little "men" with big egos and no brains, and are not fit to walk around in American society. If you want to go around carrying a gun, get your law-enforcement credentials. You are not entitled to exercise any authority at all until you do. You are trying to usurp authority and make yourself some sort of authority or king. This is pure bullshit. We Americans will not tolerate thugs, even if they are small-penis white guys with a bad attitude. Don't think that you are fxxking Rambo. Turn off the movies.

Forum List

Back