Big win for believers in the Constitution.

The House voted to allow concealed carry across state lines. Now the bill moves to the Senate where 2nd Amendment hating democrats will hold their breaths until they turn blue.

House approves concealed-carry reciprocity, gun bill faces challenge in Senate
Cops across the country are shitting their pants....
Why?
They don't like the idea of everyone carrying a firearm..
Why? Their job gets a lot easier if they're just cleaning up the bodies of criminals shot by good people with guns. Shitty cops who like being on the power trip of having a gun on them may be worried. Good cops aren't.
The local marshall just quit stating that as the main reason...Too many armed folks he said...Eh I am sure nothing but good will come from it...

Sounds like the cheapest excuse I heard yet for wanting to retire and live on a great pension and never have to worry about working again. There may even be a little guilt trip involved.

The House voted to allow concealed carry across state lines. Now the bill moves to the Senate where 2nd Amendment hating democrats will hold their breaths until they turn blue.

Why?

I walked into a store tonight and there was a man walking towards me with an old fashioned six-shooter in a holster. No one batted an eye.

No one shits their pants over a gun unless it is pointed at them!

I suggest some Immodium for your problem.
I have a few firearms but I don't carry them around, never had needed to..

I'm sure that's the truth. But if you ever had a need to, be thankful that it's supported by law.

Why?
They don't like the idea of everyone carrying a firearm..

Really? I have discussed this issue with many a police officer, and I can tell you most don't think that way.

So much for 'State's Rights'

Yeah, we felt the same way in my state when gay marriage invaded. We had a vote on SSM years earlier and it was voted down, but the courts believed their ruling overrides our vote.

Interesting that you point that out.

In this case you have Congress telling the states what they must do.
In the case of the 'gay marriage'- and also gun rights- we had the Supreme Court telling states that they cannot have unconstitutional laws.

The Constitution's whole purpose is to limit Government's authority, not the People's rights. The argument about State's Rights is nonsensical accordingly.

States rights are a part of the Constitution as well. That seems to elude you people. Maybe the states should work on reciprocity agreements among themselves without it being forced on them.

More horse shit from the mooner! Many states already have CCW permits and reciprocity laws.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

This new bill simply guarantees that no state can legally deny the constitutional right of all citizens (with CCW permits) to carry a concealed weapon in that state.

It does not affect persons without permits, felons, illegal aliens, those convicted of domestic abuse or anyone else that cannot legally possess firearms.

You, Mr. Moonglow, are full of shit!

Another kick in the balls to state rights by the Repubs. Go figure.
So now states rights come before constitutional rights? You seem kind of picky when you think that should happen. If you believed in states rights gay marriage in California would be illegal and Arizona would be enforcing immigration laws. The second amendment is one of very few constitutional rights and should never be allowed to be circumvented at any level of government.
No. States do not have the right to deny constitutional rights. My constitutional rights do not come to an end at the state line.

So now states rights come before constitutional rights? You seem kind of picky when you think that should happen. If you believed in states rights gay marriage in California would be illegal and Arizona would be enforcing immigration laws. The second amendment is one of very few constitutional rights and should never be allowed to be circumvented at any level of government.
Gay marriage rights are not written included in the constitution. Gay marriage rights are a construct of individual states because of that fact.

Nonsense. States cannot violate the constitutional right of American citizens to arm themselves any more than the feds can.

We keep trying to explain that to you retards, but you just don't get it.

The right to arm yourself does not equate to hiding that arm on yourself.
I agree open carry is the way to go.

Gay marriage rights are not written included in the constitution. Gay marriage rights are a construct of individual states because of that fact.

Hiding a gun on your person is not included in the constitution.

States rights are a part of the Constitution as well. That seems to elude you people. Maybe the states should work on reciprocity agreements among themselves without it being forced on them.
And you believe that will happen in Liberal utopias such as california ?Psst hey buddy wanna buy a cheap bridge.

Great comment, open carry is the way to go.

Great comment, open carry is the way to go.

I find it preferable to hidden carry.

Just what the hell are these people so afraid of that they have to carry guns all over the place? Most of us don't. We are not afraid. This is a mental disorder. I go about my business in the United States of America every day since my birth and I see no need whatsoever to carry a loaded gun. Who are these Americans who are so besieged? Where are they? Who is threatening them? I think that these people who have to carry around loaded guns are paranoid cowards.

Just what the hell are these people so afraid of that they have to carry guns all over the place? Most of us don't. We are not afraid. This is a mental disorder. I go about my business in the United States of America every day since my birth and I see no need whatsoever to carry a loaded gun. Who are these Americans who are so besieged? Where are they? Who is threatening them? I think that these people who have to carry around loaded guns are paranoid cowards.

I guess it depends on where you live or where you have to go. For some strange reason, one of the traits of liberals is to never be prepared. I guess that's why liberals find themselves in unfortunate situations that conservatives usually don't find themselves in. It's why they need big daddy government to back them up on everything they do.

Don't prepare for a possible life threatening situation on the street.
Be against military build up.
Don't prepare when a police officer pulls you over.
Dont prepare for the real world before you end up leaving high school.
Don't be prepared when you go to "protests" that may turn violent or even deadly. Just go to them.

Never trouble yourself with thinking ahead is the name of the liberal game. Well........if thinking ahead and always being prepared is paranoid, I thank God I am.

Yeah, we felt the same way in my state when gay marriage invaded. We had a vote on SSM years earlier and it was voted down, but the courts believed their ruling overrides our vote.

Interesting that you point that out.

In this case you have Congress telling the states what they must do.
In the case of the 'gay marriage'- and also gun rights- we had the Supreme Court telling states that they cannot have unconstitutional laws.

Not really. In this case you have Congress that wants to tell states what they can't do. No different than gay marriage.

Forum List

Back