Flaws on both sides

It's Time to Rethink Crony Capitalism

seems to me there should be some re-thinking. Problem being crony capitalist lobbyists and their PACs in DC have a fair amount of control of both ends of the argument so to speak.

Thinking? How about some action instead of thinking? Thinking sounds like the perfect excuse to not do anything at all.

How about not voting for the senators who look like Hillary? How about exposing and publicly condemning them?

OmBUvue.jpg

^I do not support this person.

How about doing something instead of whining?

It's Time to Rethink Crony Capitalism

seems to me there should be some re-thinking. Problem being crony capitalist lobbyists and their PACs in DC have a fair amount of control of both ends of the argument so to speak.
From the linked article:

The Niskanen Center’s Brink Lindsey and Steven Teles have been making the rounds of late, promoting their new book The Captured Economy. In it, Teles, who teaches political science at Johns Hopkins University, and Lindsey, a long-time think-tanker whose previous experience includes several years at the Cato Institute, argue “the powerful have rigged the economic game in their favor.”​

Well, duh!

Did anyone need anyone to write a book (1) to predict that would happen or (2) know that it has happened?!? It's not as though the downsides of capitalism aren't part of every high school economics class. Did someone think economists attest to capitalism's downsides just to have something to say?

Forum List

Back