Big D might be right

Ya know, I thought about giving this thread a pass. Then realised that I finally figgerd it all out.

Any of y'all ever took down a compressed spring real fast? I did, off a jeep along time ago. The coil launched itself over the shop, scared the crap outta the young PFC (me) AND really pissed off the Sergeant.

Race relations are like that. Take a big ol spring and crank down on it until it is fully tensioned. The problem isn't solved until all the tension is off and the spring fully uncoiled.

Currently we are uncoiling the spring properly. One turn (generation) at a time. Each generation of Blacks has gotten better from 1870 on. IN 1965 (or was it 64) we began to really uncrank (too quickly) and problems erupted.

Each generations lot is improving from it's parents. The farther away they get from the 60's the better they get. Todays Problem are the throwbacks. That would be the wannabe panthers, the violent criminals who whine about "de oppressa" etc. The other throwbacks are the stump dumb cracker SOB's who think this shit is funny. Personally I don't care about crime stats. If they commit the crime the cops should shoot to kill and build more prisons.

Someone, Im too lazy to scroll back, talked about the USAF and blacks. Just curious but when was that? 1970's? From 81-03 I dealt with blacks in the Marines and never had group problems. We did have individual idiots and fuckups. But never a group issue that I knew of.

Bout the only thing racial that pisses me off is the leftinazi notion that I personally owe someone something. I didn't enslave, oppress, or hold back anyone. So, dont try to lay a guilt trip on me. Also, as my son tries to finance college, we wish he was a crippled minority female. THey would be throwing money at him. But, his middle class white parents make just enough that they cannot afford his college, but too much for financial aid. Go figure.

A good read and well written--BOINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! love the analogy.

That tension REALLY got loose quickly with the emancipation procamation. Years of slavery followed by unimaginable freedom. I think we are improving generation by generation also but pity is not the answer. WE must return to equal rights and equal resposibilities. NO EXCUSES AND NO BLAME FOR PIGMENT!

Originally posted by dilloduck
A good read and well written--BOINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! love the analogy.

That tension REALLY got loose quickly with the emancipation procamation. Years of slavery followed by unimaginable freedom. I think we are improving generation by generation also but pity is not the answer. WE must return to equal rights and equal resposibilities. NO EXCUSES AND NO BLAME FOR PIGMENT!

Boinnnggggggg LOL didn't think of that. I hope no one thinks I am making apologies here. I didn't do anything wrong to apologize for. My point was that over time things were actually getting better, then in the 60's we tried to unwind all at once. Since then we can't figure out how to act. AGain, shoot to kill, build more prisons.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Matthew has something to say about GNASHING of teeth.

What the hell do I have to say about GNASHING of teeth? You were the one who said that I have something to say about it. From where did you get the info? (I know that purple and yellow plaid elephants exist. Go Google for them.) It sure is unfair for you to say that I have something to say on the subject (as if you are attempting to read my mind or to put words into my mouth). Then when prompted for specifics, you tell me to go Google it. I'm sorry but I don't know of any damn web site that says that I, Matt S Kramer, have something to say about GNASHING of teeth. The next time you try something so stupid, have the character and class to explain yourself and provide specifics.

:cof:

Want to apologize mats?

You are not worthy of being the particular "Matthew" in question.

GNASHING OF TEETH

To grate or grind one's teeth together as an expression of hatred and scorn (Job. 16:9). Jesus used the phrase to portray the futility of the wicked who will be judged by God at the end of time (Mt 13:42,50).

GNASH (Heb. haraq). To grate the teeth; "He has gnashed at me with His teeth," and "gnash their teeth." Expressions denoting rage or sorrow (Job 16:9; Lam 2:16.)

Matthew 13:

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Gnashing yer teeth yet?
:p:

Want to apologize mats?

Do I want to apologize for what - insisting that you clarify your statement?

You are not worthy of being the particular "Matthew" in question.

I never said that I was "worthy" to be that particular "Matthew". I don't care to be him.

GNASHING OF TEETH

To grate or grind one's teeth together as an expression of hatred and scorn (Job. 16:9). Jesus used the phrase to portray the futility of the wicked who will be judged by God at the end of time (Mt 13:42,50).

GNASH (Heb. haraq). To grate the teeth; "He has gnashed at me with His teeth," and "gnash their teeth." Expressions denoting rage or sorrow (Job 16:9; Lam 2:16.)

Gnashing yer teeth yet?

Thank you for the clarification. It does not apply to me. I am not gnashing my teeth, I did not gnash my teeth, and I do not think that I will gnash my teeth. I don't think that my dentist would want me to do so.

The post is there for all to read.

You got snotty about something you didn't understand and claimed I said YOU had something to say about gnashing teeth.

My first statement was "matthew" not "mats". You are totally in the wrong.

Be snotty if you want.

Gnashing may or may not apply to you . It isn't for me to judge in one context of the word, but in the other......I can keep your blood pressure up high enough so that you will be GNASHING soon enough.

:D

The post is there for all to read.

You got snotty about something you didn't understand and claimed I said YOU had something to say about gnashing teeth.

My first statement was "matthew" not "mats". You are totally in the wrong.

Be snotty if you want.

Gnashing may or may not apply to you . It isn't for me to judge in one context of the word, but in the other......I can keep your blood pressure up high enough so that you will be GNASHING soon enough.

:D

Ooops. Ooh. My bad. My mistake. I thought that you were referring to me.

Besides that, by car broke down and I missed my workout routine at the gym so I feel somewhat annoyed (but I am not gnashing my teeth). Okay. I apologize. I was wrong.

:eek: :hail:

Originally posted by mattskramer
Ooops. Ooh. My bad. My mistake. I thought that you were referring to me.

Besides that, by car broke down and I missed my workout routine at the gym so I feel somewhat annoyed (but I am not gnashing my teeth). Okay. I apologize. I was wrong.

:eek: :hail:

That makes 1 bad for you.

Good luck catching up to my 300.

Thou art forgiven.

:beer:

As for the car, you needed a break today anyway.

Originally posted by pegwinn
Boinnnggggggg LOL didn't think of that. I hope no one thinks I am making apologies here. I didn't do anything wrong to apologize for. My point was that over time things were actually getting better, then in the 60's we tried to unwind all at once. Since then we can't figure out how to act. AGain, shoot to kill, build more prisons.
I don't really think things have gotten better.

Since the 50's black crime, fatherless babys, abortion, drug use, unemployment, school dropouts, sexual disease, gang violence have increased by far more in the black community then any other group.

What is seen today in black neighborhoods is entirely new. Psycho-babblers tell us it's a result of poverty, discrimination and a legacy of slavery. During the '40s and '50s, I lived in North Philadelphia's Richard Allen housing project. Nights were not punctuated by gunfire. Many residents seldom locked their doors. Within a few blocks, there were supermarkets and many stores that attracted both neighborhood and non-neighborhood shoppers, not to mention providing full-time and part-time employment opportunities. I hope there's no psycho-babbler stupid enough to explain North Philadelphia's, as well as other slum neighborhood's, greater civility in the '40s and '50s by saying back then blacks weren't as poor, didn't face as much discrimination and were unencumbered by a legacy of slavery.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/williams112098.asp

pegwinn, maybe you could give a little more insight on how you belive things have improved? Because I don't see it.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Sorry, but I can't imagine a black person ever wanting to live in a place called Coon Rapids.... maybe that is just my southern roots shining through but what a name!

The city is called Coon Rapids because of the abundance of raccoons at the time of settlement. Our watertower has a painting of a raccoon on it. I have no idea what else you may be thinking.

I was raised in Richfield and had no idea what a lot of these derogatory terms for blacks meant until I left there either.

Thinking back, I am still surprised that everyone but me left the pool. I thought that at least one of the swimmers had legitimate permission to swim there. I was left all alone.

Anyway, I may accept that more crimes are caused by Blacks, per capita, than by Whites. It may be that Blacks cause more problems. To that extent, Big D might be right concerning his information and views on Blacks.

Yet, I will continue to consider each person and incident on an individual basis. To that degree, the racial statistics don't matter to me. There may have been a group of 25 Blacks. 25 Blacks may have left the pool, but each Black person was an individual. Each one made his or her decision to participate. Each person that did not have permission to swim was required to leave.

Originally posted by Big D
I don't really think things have gotten better.

(SNIP)

pegwinn, maybe you could give a little more insight on how you belive things have improved? Because I don't see it.

Well, I don't have stats and facts and figures. I have an opinion only. From the 1860's onward, each generation of blacks seems to've improved it's position in America. Examples start, obviously with the freeing of the slaves, and the constitutional amendment which guarantees the right to vote. My belief is that life for blacks has steadily improved.

Here's a seemingly unbiased article by a black man discussing Dr MLK's "I have a dream" ideal. Basically he is pushing the opinion that life for blacks has not lived up to that dream. But he must acknowlege factual improvements in black quality of life:

"Were Dr. King alive today, it would be hard for him not to acknowledge that America has changed in deep and profound ways. He would see nearly 9,000 blacks elected to public office, and in the South he would see what was once thought unimaginable – black police chiefs, county commissioners, mayors, state legislators, and members of Congress.

11He would see a black population that was nearly illiterate half a century ago completing high school at nearly the same rate as whites. He would see black women, a third of whom worked as domestics 40 years before, now constituting ten percent of all female professionals, technical workers, and managers – and closing the earnings gap with white women. In some communities he would see the average black family earning as much as or more than whites living nearby.

Dr. King also would see overt bigotry pushed to the margins of American life, racial demagoguery in politics no longer humored or tolerated, and political parties symbolically – if not in fact – embracing inclusion. He would see a legal system that once enforced discrimination now being used to root out discrimination.

11He also would see white children idolizing black athletes like Michael Jordan, white adults admiring black celebrities like Bill Cosby, white women reading black authors recommended by Oprah Winfrey, and white voters saying they would consider a black man, General Colin Powell, for President. And as a black man, Dr. King would no longer have to fear the lynch mob when talking to or looking at a white woman."

That was middle of the article, to see it all go here.

BD believes that the individual black man is a racist predator intent on savaging the white race. I don't agree. I think that continued color blind laws and policies will help more than affirmative action will or did. I think that jailing criminals without apology and without worrying about color will do some good. As to how to fix the ghettos, I don't have a clue.

BD believes that the individual black man is a racist predator intent on savaging the white race.
I don't think that, but I do believe that their are enuff blacks that feel that way that whites should pay attention.

Look pegwinn, the quality if life has improved for all groups of people. The difference is why blacks have by far the lowest quality of life in every part of the world is due to their own behaviour.

I don't think that, but I do believe that their are enuff blacks that feel that way that whites should pay attention.

Look pegwinn, the quality if life has improved for all groups of people. The difference is why blacks have by far the lowest quality of life in every part of the world is due to their own behaviour.

If you are looking for an argument, well don't look here. I agree that behavior = treatment. I also believe that groups get punished for the sins of a few. Therefore logically I can buy into your last paragraph. As to your first paragraph, I think that goes both ways. In spite of improvements since the 60's there are enough violent racists in all colors that we need to pay better attention. BTW, in case you are wondering, I do not support any form of hate crime legislation. Assault is Assault and Murder is Murder.

Question for you: How old are you? I ask because I think I read one post where you claimed to live in S Philly or somesuch in the 1950's. Then a different post where you were 18 during the LA riots. Was that the 65 riots or the RK version in about 1992?

Second question for you: You seem to be the board statistician for minority crime. If blacks are 13% of the US population, and they commit 50% of the total violent crime, what percentage of the black population is committing the crimes?

Question for you: How old are you? I ask because I think I read one post where you claimed to live in S Philly or somesuch in the 1950's. Then a different post where you were 18 during the LA riots. Was that the 65 riots or the RK version in about 1992?

Second question for you: You seem to be the board statistician for minority crime. If blacks are 13% of the US population, and they commit 50% of the total violent crime, what percentage of the black population is committing the crimes?
I'm not looking for a argument. That post about S Philly was written by a black man there is a link with that comment.

Here:
What is seen today in black neighborhoods is entirely new. Psycho-babblers tell us it's a result of poverty, discrimination and a legacy of slavery. During the '40s and '50s, I lived in North Philadelphia's Richard Allen housing project. Nights were not punctuated by gunfire. Many residents seldom locked their doors. Within a few blocks, there were supermarkets and many stores that attracted both neighborhood and non-neighborhood shoppers, not to mention providing full-time and part-time employment opportunities. I hope there's no psycho-babbler stupid enough to explain North Philadelphia's, as well as other slum neighborhood's, greater civility in the '40s and '50s by saying back then blacks weren't as poor, didn't face as much discrimination and were unencumbered by a legacy of slavery.

As for how many blacks out of the black community are commiting crimes, I don't know. But I'm sure the percent is alot higher then any other groups.

I'm not looking for a argument. That post about S Philly was written by a black man there is a link with that comment.

Neither was I. My mistake on S Philly. Thought you did it as a "my experience" post.

Here:

As for how many blacks out of the black community are commiting crimes, I don't know. But I'm sure the percent is alot higher then any other groups.

I ask because I want to see if the black community is essentially a criminal entity or if its just a bunch of hardcore rotten apples. C'ya

Forum List

Back