job discrimination

west2004

Jun 11, 2004
I think this is an issue that is way overrated in the minority community and I am getting sick of blacks getting fired or passed over for a job, and then immediately sueing the company that fired them or passed them over. Why? because they can. I think that there should be some sort of fine attached to the judgement when a person unsuccessfully sues a business based on allegations of racial discrimination. This would drastically lower the amount of frivilous or unsupported discrimination suits.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by west2004
I think this is an issue that is way overrated in the minority community and I am getting sick of blacks getting fired or passed over for a job, and then immediately sueing the company that fired them or passed them over. Why? because they can. I think that there should be some sort of fine attached to the judgement when a person unsuccessfully sues a business based on allegations of racial discrimination. This would drastically lower the amount of frivilous or unsupported discrimination suits.

Any thoughts?

yes, these suits are usually jury trials. Imposition of a fine in this instance implies a certain amount of guilt. A wrongul termination or civil rights suit typically does not carry punitive damages. A fine is punitive.

however, in your scenario, prevailoing party is usually entitles to fees. Maybe one of our lawyers out there can correct me if I am wrong on that. If proven wrong however, there will be great gnashing of teeth.

Not only blacks, I heard that a muslem guy is sueing his ex-employer for firing him. He drove one of those beer delivery trucks that takes beer to 7-11. After converting to Islam he refused to deliver alcohol (which, of course was what his job was) and they had no choice but to fire his ass. Now he's sueing for religious discrimination. I'll post a link when I find one.

Thats hilarious.:D

However, most discrimination suits I have ever heard of are funny.

Have you ever heard about the suit filed against southwest airlines for "discriminating" against a passenger?

According to the EEOC, 66.8% of job discrimination lawsuits have "No Reasonable Cause", as the final judgement. I see this as a gross misuse of the system.

The EEOC also says that only 3.4% of discrimination lawsuits filed end with "Unsuccessful Conciliation", meaning that discrimination has been proven but not punished. THis shows me that the system works pretty good, in that it rarely lets discrimination go unpunished and also points out unreasonable cases.

THis also brings about an important issue. Affirmitive Action.

I do not see how this type of thing is able to squeeze itself in to the realms of equal rights.

ALso, if I am not mistaken, shouldnt Affirmative action and the NAACP for that matter be unconstitutional? Denying jobs to white people solely because they are white and these organizations seem to think that no matter the intelligence of a person, they deserve extra consideration for a job because they are a minority or a woman.

Also, in other forums I have seen black individuals claiming that when blacks are passed over for jobs, it is because they are black, while far more whites were probably passed over for that job too, but they realize that many many people apply ofr these jobs and only one person gets picked. WHite people who do not get hired feel and realizes that they lack some dort of qualification, minorities seem more likely, based on my experience, seem to immediately jump to the racism conclusion, I do not know if it is that they actually think this or if they do it because it is easier.

Forum List

Back