Biden says he IS considering using the 14th Amendment to raise debt ceiling before June 1st

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Biden says he IS considering using the 14th Amendment to raise debt ceiling before June 1st - 'if it could be done and invoked in time' - but says he recognizes there are 'legal challenges'.

Biden said he wants to see if courts would rule use of 14th amendment constitutional to solve debt limit issue.

''I think we have the authority. The question is could it be done and invoked in time,' he said at press conference.

I don't doubt he will try, after all the dems don't shy away from doing things that are unconstitutional and it takes two fuckin' years to get their dicks slapped by SCOTUS.

Biden says he IS considering using the 14th Amendment to raise debt ceiling before June 1st - 'if it could be done and invoked in time' - but says he recognizes there are 'legal challenges'.

Biden said he wants to see if courts would rule use of 14th amendment constitutional to solve debt limit issue.

''I think we have the authority. The question is could it be done and invoked in time,' he said at press conference.

I don't doubt he will try, after all the dems don't shy away from doing things that are unconstitutional and it takes two fuckin' years to get their dicks slapped by SCOTUS.
The 14th is in the Constitution.

The 14th forces them to pay, yet, there has never been a time when the god damned Republicans have made it to default without caving in.

The 14th is in the Constitution.
And it says nothing about giving the President power over national debt.

Section 4.​

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void

Last edited:
And it says nothing about giving the President power over national debt.

Section 4.​

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void

By refusing to pay the debt they already incurred they are essentially questioning it.

xi said take out more loans or we take over vermont.

SCOTUS? Dems don't care. They found out that there is no one to stop them even if SCOTUS rules against them.

debt limit.JPG

The Amendment applies only to debts incurred in putting down the insurrection ("Civil War"). This is not even a matter of debate for the past hundred fifty years.

Ultimately, the decision is not up to the President anyway.

The Amendment applies only to debts incurred in putting down the insurrection ("Civil War"). This is not even a matter of debate for the past hundred fifty years.

Ultimately, the decision is not up to the President anyway.

The Amendment says nothing of the sort.

SCOTUS will more than likely intervene because of the constitutionality reality check on biden's dumbass.

SCOTUS will more than likely intervene because of the constitutionality reality check on biden's dumbass.

I would like to see SCTOUS rule on it so the issue is put to bed.

I personally think there is some validity to the argument about the 14th.

Plenty of revenue to pay that debt. Have to cut the shit out of spending though.

Just think, if we spent at 2019 levels, we'd have a $500 billion surplus.

that would be awesome, but as long as people keep voting in the duopoly that will never happen

Forum List

Back