Biden declares himself "blameless" if US defaults on debt

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Isn't this the same guy who said he'd take responsibility and not blame others?

President Biden would be blameless in the event that the U.S. defaults on its debt in the coming days, the president declared Sunday.

Biden made the claim during a news conference in Hiroshima, Japan, where he had traveled for meetings with G-7 nations. Republicans in Congress forced Biden to the negotiating table after months of the White House insisting there would be no debate over the issue. Biden now argues that certain "MAGA Republicans" are seeking to cause a default in an effort to crash the economy ahead of Biden's re-election effort.

"I've done my part," Biden said regarding negotiations, adding that "it's time for the other side to move their team positions because much of what they were proposed is simply quite frankly, unacceptable." This prompted a follow-up at the end of the news conference from Fox News' Peter Doocy.

"Mr. President, on the debt limit, you said already, 'I've done my part.' Do you think if there's a breach, nobody can blame you?" Doocy asked.

"Of course no one will blame me, I know you won't, you'll be saying Biden did a wonderful job," Biden joked.

"Would you be blameless in a default situation?" Doocy pressed.

"On the merits, based on what I've offered, I would be blameless," Biden responded. "On the politics of it, no one would be blameless. And by the way, that's one of the, one of the things some [people] are contemplating. Well, I gotta be careful here. I think there are some MAGA Republicans in the House who know the damage that it would do to the economy and because I am president, and presidents are responsible for everything, Biden would take the blame. And that's the one way to make sure Biden's not reelected."

Biden declares himself 'blameless' if US defaults on debt: 'I've done my part'

There are no officials or political entities that are NOT at fault for the financial black hole this nation finds itself in. The gravitational pull of tax-and-spend, borrow to spend, ignoring Constitutional spending limits, etc… have worked on both parties for decades. None are blameless.

That’s why the only real fix will be a default and a full governmental/societal failure leading to a complete collapse of the country and a rebuild from scratch.

Biden is making a major mistake in even negotiating on the debt limit.

Now, Republicans will make demands every year on threat of default

Republicans are ready to push America off a cliff to appease MAGA

It's only Democrats who want to continue massive spending bills, while never wanting to cut spending.

Biden is about to default on our debt, yet here comes another one...

zWKyWhsOAZu4.jpeg

Last edited:
Isn't this the same guy who said he'd take responsibility and not blame others?

President Biden would be blameless in the event that the U.S. defaults on its debt in the coming days, the president declared Sunday.

Biden made the claim during a news conference in Hiroshima, Japan, where he had traveled for meetings with G-7 nations. Republicans in Congress forced Biden to the negotiating table after months of the White House insisting there would be no debate over the issue. Biden now argues that certain "MAGA Republicans" are seeking to cause a default in an effort to crash the economy ahead of Biden's re-election effort.

"I've done my part," Biden said regarding negotiations, adding that "it's time for the other side to move their team positions because much of what they were proposed is simply quite frankly, unacceptable." This prompted a follow-up at the end of the news conference from Fox News' Peter Doocy.

"Mr. President, on the debt limit, you said already, 'I've done my part.' Do you think if there's a breach, nobody can blame you?" Doocy asked.

"Of course no one will blame me, I know you won't, you'll be saying Biden did a wonderful job," Biden joked.

"Would you be blameless in a default situation?" Doocy pressed.

"On the merits, based on what I've offered, I would be blameless," Biden responded. "On the politics of it, no one would be blameless. And by the way, that's one of the, one of the things some [people] are contemplating. Well, I gotta be careful here. I think there are some MAGA Republicans in the House who know the damage that it would do to the economy and because I am president, and presidents are responsible for everything, Biden would take the blame. And that's the one way to make sure Biden's not reelected."

Biden declares himself 'blameless' if US defaults on debt: 'I've done my part'

25th Amendment!

Just pointing out your blatant hypocrisy.

Your lies only work in MAGA World.

At least I provide proof and evidence. All you have to offer are opinions and like Biden, blame shifting.

Democrats already pushed America off the cliff when they controlled the House in 2022, and punted the debt ceiling responsibilities to Biden.

Why didn’t Republicans block Trump from raising the Debt Ceiling when they had the House and Senate?

We had a booming economy, low unemployment
Why were they raising the debt limit?

Why didn’t Republicans block Trump from raising the Debt Ceiling when they had the House and Senate?

We had a booming economy, low unemployment
Why were they raising the debt limit?

Deflect.

Biden is making a major mistake in even negotiating on the debt limit.

Now, Republicans will make demands every year on threat of default
The Republicans passed a debt ceiling increase .. if the Democrats are worried about default, all they have to do is pass the bill in the Senate. Biden continues to blow it out of proportion into crisis mode, and it only provides more leverage for Republicans..

Typical for the Democrats.

The Potatohead administration spends more money than it takes in and it is somebody else's fault.

That is the kind of dishonest crap we get out of the Democrats all the time.

Forum List

Back