The trial balloon notion of Using the 14th Amendment to avoid a default

Democrats have this covered

maxresdefault.jpg

No worries.

I wouldn't know if this is legal but I do know that if Democrats don't get their way, they aren't above perverting laws to get what they want. MAGA

Yes, Republicans suck
Not the conclusion that follows from my premises. They don’t suck. But they are too often just waffling players of some stupid game. Devout adherents of our Constitution they tend not to be.

I’m referring to the Republican politicians, not to the voting members of the electorate.

Last edited:
I still say we can sell all the bed wetters into chattel slavery and wipe out the debt.

In fact we could probably sell them by the pound to North Korea since the ultimate purpose of a bed wetter is to become fertilizer and they're not useful for much else beyond destroying shit.

We could trade our bed wetters for 100 trillion pounds of North Korean rice payable over the course of 10,000 years with extensions promised in advance if needed.

yes, I have seen this ... well, I have seemed to see it.. one never knows what the justices see and what we do not, but I have often suspected things were just as you say.

can we spell Politics as Usual?

:rolleyes:
Sure seems to me that judges, like all other human beings with political power and influence, will seek to expand their jurisdiction and meddle in shit they're not wanted in. Yet when it comes to expanding the rights of individuals you'll find more professional dental surgeons who specialize on poultry.

Not the conclusion that follows from my premises. They don’t suck. But they are too often just waffling players of some stupid game. Devout adherents of our Constitution they tend not to be.

I’m referring to the Republican politicians, not to the voting members of the electorate.

I'm referring to the politicians too. I agreed with Trump on one issue, the border. He said he was against high spending and taxes, but then freely signed bills raising taxes and spending. Republicans talk about freedom, but do so little about it, they suck. You don't have to agree

I'm referring to the politicians too. I agreed with Trump on one issue, the border. He said he was against high spending and taxes, but then freely signed bills raising taxes and spending. Republicans talk about freedom, but do so little about it, they suck. You don't have to agree
They clearly don’t suck nearly as much as the Democraps. You remain free not to agree.

I hope republicans burn it all down. Let their voters get a taste of what they've been voting for.
LOL. That's already been happening in liberal cities and states where their own citizens are running away due to high crime rates, high inflation, homelessness, and high taxes. So, I agree with you. But, I thought it was you guys who keep on saying that voters are voting Democrat? What happened to that? Now you're saying voters have been voting Republican. Please make up your mind.

I believe that our President had previously declared that he would consider it unconstitutional to use the 14th Amendment to avoid a default.

But, now, he’s considering it as a possible legitimate tool in the arsenal.

Plus, of course, it’s a dishonestly premised question in the first place:

it won’t do much…it will have to be litigated and i doubt anyone willing to issue debt to the US would be willing to take the risk until a court decides

Nope. We need politicians who are committed to our form of government. We need genuine statesmen and stateswomen.

Less government IS our form of government. Have you read any writings by the founders? Defense should be 90% of our Federal government and you should be doing pretty much everything else in your State.

Republican politicians know that a little more than Democrats, but not much. Trump doesn't at all

The Supreme Court has made standing a joke by declaring that taxpayers don't have standing to challenge tax laws or taxes. Which means no one does. The SCOTUS has been a poor protector of our freedoms, they suck at it
taxpayer can challenge tax laws, they don’t have standing to challenge where irs spent

it won’t do much…it will have to be litigated and i doubt anyone willing to issue debt to the US would be willing to take the risk until a court decides

Democrats mean what they say in the moment they say it, but that belief ends there

Less government IS our form of government. Have you read any writings by the founders? Defense should be 90% of our Federal government and you should be doing pretty much everything else in your State.

Republican politicians know that a little more than Democrats, but not much. Trump doesn't at all
Less government doesn’t mean no government. I’m quite conversant on this topic. It is your understanding that seems to be missing some of the pieces.

Our Framers didn’t cobble together our Constitutional republic only to have the government itself be incapable of functioning.

Besides; your prior point was about “politicians” not about “governments.” Don’t conflate those two very different things.

Remember Al Gore angrily screaming how he wanted HW to take out Hussain in the Iraq War I. Video tapes showed him at the time saying HW couldn't take out Hussain. Democrats of course never called him on that shallow lie or anyone else. Let's talk Hillary, ... LOL

Less government doesn’t mean no government. I’m quite conversant on this topic. It is your understanding that seems to be missing some of the pieces.

Our Framers didn’t cobble together our Constitutional republic only to have the government itself be incapable of functioning.

Besides; your prior point was about “politicians” not about “governments.” Don’t conflate those two very different things.

Nowhere did I say I was an anarchist or that I support anarchy. You know why? I'm not one and I don't.

And I'm confused because I think the founders believed in small government? You're completely lost, you need to educate yourself

Forum List

Back