Is it "Congress's" Constitutional Duty To Raise The Debt Ceiling?

Not according to the Left. CNBC:

US lost more tax revenue than any other developed country in 2018 due to Trump tax cuts, new report says​

Unknown. Most economists will say that tax cuts do not pay for themselves, but that is an opinion rather than fact. If the tax cuts had not be done, what would revenue have been? Nobody can know that, we can opine about that all day long, to no effect. Smaller slice of a bigger pie vs bigger slice of a smaller pie, which is/was best?

Weakest speaker ever

House passes debt ceiling deal and sends it to the Senate​

Among Republicans, 149 voted for the bill and 71 voted against it, while 165 Democrats voted for the legislation and 46 voted against it.

That is the whole point. Democrats NEVER talk about cutting spending and now we are at 32 trillion dollars in debt.
No bitch. The "whole point" is that the GOP had the House, the Senate and the Presidency and they didn't do it either...and you didn't say a fucking word about it when the GOP had the holy trinity of power to cut spending. Now go to bed.

No bitch. The "whole point" is that the GOP had the House, the Senate and the Presidency and they didn't do it either...and you didn't say a fucking word about it when the GOP had the holy trinity of power to cut spending. Now go to bed.
I don't know what you're talking about. The national debt didn't just happen over the last six years. Democrats don't ever talk about cutting spending. In fact, they are always talking about spending trillions of dollars and stupidly think the rich have 32 trillion dollars.

I don't know what you're talking about. The national debt didn't just happen over the last six years. Democrats don't ever talk about cutting spending. In fact, they are always talking about spending trillions of dollars and stupidly think the rich have 32 trillion dollars.
And YOU stupidly think the debt has to be paid down to zero.

When has that ever happened?

No...because the Senate does not determine Fiscal Policy.

They sure as hell have a very large say in taxes and spending bills, nothing gets done if they don't pass it. The same can be said of the House and the President, although a presidential veto can be overridden. A president can offer whatever he wants to in his budget, but it means nothing. It's like a 100 yard dash, what difference does it make where they put the starting line? Congress can often does ignore it, especially if the president is from the other party. So, when we talk about the debt and deficits, it is largely the Congress that is primarily responsible for both.

And the right only talk about it.

LOL...

What republican talked about cutting spending from 2017 to 2021? It certainly wasn't you.

So fuck off .

Doesn't own me. I don't even want him to to be president. But, he does own a huge swath of the left.
So if he gets the nomination...you're not going to vote for him? You've lied so much already that nobody believes you so just go ahead and say "no" and add another lie to the Mt. Everest sized pile you've created.

So if he gets the nomination...you're not going to vote for him? You've lied so much already that nobody believes you so just go ahead and say "no" and add another lie to the Mt. Everest sized pile you've created.
I will, shit, the man is not compromised like every other politician in DC. Every fking one of them owe's someone.

Forum List

Back