Zone1 Bible passages that are difficult to understand God

So, consequences for infants. Humans that cant even freakin eat meat yet..
Guess god would condone aborting every child that will be birthed by a crappy parent, as well.
Consequences brought upon their children due to parental behaviors. Should infants have to struggle with heroin addiction and withdrawal do to their mother's consumption?

Any believer that says they don't struggle with this is either lying or just ignorant of the Bible and about life.

Just ask Job.
The difference between Job and the Amalekites is quite different. Job knew he had done nothing wrong. Yet bad things came upon him. The Amalekites had been harassing the Israelites for decades, and then were stunned when the same happened to them?

However, I am not one who reads the Bible as an actual history. The events in Exodus are crafted stories using known a known event(s) as their setting. The stories are being told to reveal a truth(s).

We know the Amalekites were not utterly destroyed, they keep cropping up in other stories. At the end of WWII, we heard how the Nazi's were utterly destroyed. (Remember, that was what was said about the Amalekites, that they were utterly destroyed.)

Are future generations going to condemn the Western Alliance for "utterly destroying" the Nazi's?

The point is reflecting on what "utterly destroyed" means when it is in story form. What are these stories trying to teach?

Consequences brought upon their children due to parental behaviors. Should infants have to struggle with heroin addiction and withdrawal do to their mother's consumption?
So if the fetus dad, is a sodomite and thief, the mother should have an abortion. Right?

"Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”
Seems simple enough. The Israelites were warmongers.

Pick another one. A hard one to understand this time.

So if the fetus dad, is a sodomite and thief, the mother should have an abortion. Right?
Are you arguing that children should indeed be punished for the sins of their dad?

You do understand the two different situation, right? One is that the father causes the death of their child by placing them in danger. The other is that a little girl who is fathered by a sodomite and a thief, but her mother does not let the father drag her into that way of life is out of the range of her father's chosen behaviors.

Are you arguing that children should indeed be punished for the sins of their dad?

You do understand the two different situation, right? One is that the father causes the death of their child by placing them in danger. The other is that a little girl who is fathered by a sodomite and a thief, but her mother does not let the father drag her into that way of life is out of the range of her father's chosen behaviors.
Should children be punished for the sins of their father or not?

Should children be punished for the sins of their father or not?
Do children suffer from consequences of their parents' actions? I've watched children suffering the consequences due to the acts of my brother into three generations now. This is not punishment, but his actions that certainly affected their lives.

Do children suffer from consequences of their parents' actions? I've watched children suffering the consequences due to the acts of my brother into three generations now. This is not punishment, but his actions that certainly affected their lives.
Can you not answer the question?

Brother JoeB131, you are correct about the point of the 2 Kings 2 story.

God deemed disrespect of His prophets amongst the worst offences, punishable by death.

The point was "don't mock Me, by mocking My prophets."

Yeah, they got their reward quickly.

The modern term is "instant karma."

There is a difference between consequence and punishment. Is that where you are losing me? Do you see consequence and punishment as one and the same?
Ill chalk that up as a refusal. Good day, Meriweather.

Ill chalk that up as a refusal.
If you wish. I don't understand how you can possibly think I have not answered your question. We might also try it this way. You tell me what the correct answer is. Perhaps that will help me understand our different trains of thought.

I do understand you are seeing God as punishing infants and animals. I do not see God as punishing infants and animals. And that may be where we are on different trains of thought.

The problem for me is, why does God not strike down all the wicked before they are able to cause such harm to society, like a Hitler? Why does he show mercy to the wicked?

I believe that God is allowing us to experience evil and suffering in preparation for living forever in his kingdom.

Brother JoeB131, you are correct about the point of the 2 Kings 2 story.

God deemed disrespect of His prophets amongst the worst offences, punishable by death.

The point was "don't mock Me, by mocking My prophets."

Yeah, they got their reward quickly.

The modern term is "instant karma."
And this is why I can't be a religious person.

A God that is so petty he kills children for mockery isn't worthy of anyone's worship.

Yet God kills children all the time in the Bible - Sodom, the 10th Plague, the child of David and Bathsheba.

I simply can't reconcile cruelty with love.

Forum List

Back