Beyond belief...........

Toddler shoots two children with handgun in daycare centre

Two children are in serious but stable condition after allegedly being shot by another toddler at their home day care centre.

A toddler in Dearborn, Michigan “accessed a handgun” in a suburban home where several children were being cared for, police said. The weapon discharged, injuring two 3-year-olds who were present.

An outcome of a sick society.

If only the other toddlers had been armed this might have been avoided.

The owner is responsible.
Or not as it seems.

You interpreted my comments as a value judgement on the gun owner. I intended them to be condemnation of a gun owner. The gun owner will (or should) be held responsible for what happened.

Too many will hold the guns responsible and use this as another push to pass laws with the mindset of the gun shot itself. The owner should be responsible but the gun wasn't at fault.

It is an emotional, knee-jerk reaction to blame all gun owners. It is also good PR for the anti-gun groups.

Two children are in serious but stable condition after allegedly being shot by another toddler at their home day care centre.

A toddler in Dearborn, Michigan “accessed a handgun” in a suburban home where several children were being cared for, police said. The weapon discharged, injuring two 3-year-olds who were present.

Or not as it seems.

You interpreted my comments as a value judgement on the gun owner. I intended them to be condemnation of a gun owner. The gun owner will (or should) be held responsible for what happened.

Too many will hold the guns responsible and use this as another push to pass laws with the mindset of the gun shot itself. The owner should be responsible but the gun wasn't at fault.

It is an emotional, knee-jerk reaction to blame all gun owners. It is also good PR for the anti-gun groups.

Most of the reactions in this type of situation are knee jerk. I don't see how it could be good PR for them. They're logic is faulty and the only ones paying attention to them already believe like them.

Or not as it seems.

Most of the reactions in this type of situation are knee jerk. I don't see how it could be good PR for them. They're logic is faulty and the only ones paying attention to them already believe like them.

It is good PR because they can use it to say "See how evil guns are?". Yes, the logic is ridiculous. But that does not stop them from using it.

A small price to pay for our right to bear arms

I'm glad I do not live in the USA.

So are we.

Stupidity is what killed in this instance as is the case with most accidents

America shot these kids.

Just about the dumbest thing I've read on this forum...and that's saying something.

No, it was a person that shot those kids. A person that pulled a trigger.

Are you suggesting that kids in countries that have banned civilian firearm ownership don't get shot? You really want to go there?

God you're an idiot.
Please list some of the examples of toddler on toddler violence in the civilised world.

Meanwhile in the land of the free......................

Trump fears terrorists, but more Americans are shot dead by toddlers | Gary Younge

Armed toddlers kill twice as many Americans each year as terrorists

Take a knee babe -you are full of shit.
Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!

Then why join a US message board?

America shot these kids.

Just about the dumbest thing I've read on this forum...and that's saying something.

No, it was a person that shot those kids. A person that pulled a trigger.

Are you suggesting that kids in countries that have banned civilian firearm ownership don't get shot? You really want to go there?

God you're an idiot.
Please list some of the examples of toddler on toddler violence in the civilised world.

Meanwhile in the land of the free......................

Trump fears terrorists, but more Americans are shot dead by toddlers | Gary Younge

Armed toddlers kill twice as many Americans each year as terrorists

Take a knee babe -you are full of shit.

No, you don't get to back peddle out of this one.

Countries don't discharge a firearm, people do, just the like Mexican kid in the link I provided.

Again, you're an idiot.

With over 300 million guns in circulation, some are going to fall into the hands of toddlers

It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights

Collateral damage

Our country is willing to ignore this type of thing as long as we get to keep our guns

Or not as it seems.

It is good PR because they can use it to say "See how evil guns are?". Yes, the logic is ridiculous. But that does not stop them from using it.

If the ones they'll use the "see how evil guns are?" claim already believe it, I'm not real sure it will do much good for them. It would be considered preaching to the choir. There may be a few fence rides they'll convince but most people already know where they stand on the gun issue.

Russian roulette is an exciting and fun filled game here in the States as well.

Preferably after providing the children with copious amounts of drugs and alcohol.

:rolleyes:

Seriously.

The owner of the firearms should be shot on sight.

Last edited:

And your point is...?
Children should not have access to guns. But your insane gun laws make it inevitable. America shot these kids.
Our gun laws have absolutely nothing to do with this.

And your point is...?
Children should not have access to guns. But your insane gun laws make it inevitable. America shot these kids.

Try again.

The parent failed the child and not society.
Happens too often for that cop out.
If the parent is the problem how do you propose to stop it happening again ?
Start shooting these idiots?

And your point is...?
Our gun laws have absolutely nothing to do with this.
Wrong. States with Child Access Prevention (CAP) laws have seen a significant reduction in these events, including child suicide.

Last edited:
With over 300 million guns in circulation, some are going to fall into the hands of toddlers

"We" don't pay the price the idiot parents who let their kids get hands on a gun pay the price as they should. And that price should be a lot higher than it is. I'm thinking 25 ears in prison for manslaughter of a child

Collateral damage

Our country is willing to ignore this type of thing as long as we get to keep our guns

Tell me how is taking my guns away going to save a toddler?

I don't have kids, I never have kids in my home and I am not responsible for some idiot of a parent letting their kids get hands on a gun.
Just like I am not responsible for some piece of shit criminal using gun in a drive by.

"We" don't pay the price the idiot parents who let their kids get hands on a gun pay the price as they should. And that price should be a lot higher than it is. I'm thinking 25 ears in prison for manslaughter of a child
""We" don't pay the price the idiot parents who let their kids get hands on a gun pay the price as they should."

not in most States, they don't. You can't charge someone with a crime when there is no law to charge them with.

Forum List

Back