Beyond belief...........

A small price to pay for our right to bear arms

Stupidity is what killed in this instance as is the case with most accidents

Collateral damage

Our country is willing to ignore this type of thing as long as we get to keep our guns

Tell me how is taking my guns away going to save a toddler?

I don't have kids, I never have kids in my home and I am not responsible for some idiot of a parent letting their kids get hands on a gun.
Just like I am not responsible for some piece of shit criminal using gun in a drive by.

My dad taught me gun safety at a young age and I did the same for mine. I've had guns in my house since before my children were born. So did my dad. Nothing happened.

I was taught gun safety at an early age as well. I have had guns since I was 16 and my CCW permit since I was 21 and in all those years I never accidentally discharged a weapon, and never had any of my weapons used by another person except my wife.

The fact is that is the case for most gun owners. A very small percentage are negligent but for some reason all the rest of us responsible gun owners are responsible for them as well as for all the crimes committed with guns

There were guns in my parent's house growing up so far back I can't remember when they weren't. My oldest daughter is 21 and got her CWP as soon as a class was available after turning 21.

While the left will use this to chastise guns, they'll refuse to hold the one thing that caused it responsible. The negligent parent.

The left thinks the rest of us that use guns safely and teach the safe use of them should be subjected to greater restrictions. Like you said above, how will a law placed on me stop this from happening again?

Toddler shoots two children with handgun in daycare centre

Two children are in serious but stable condition after allegedly being shot by another toddler at their home day care centre.

A toddler in Dearborn, Michigan “accessed a handgun” in a suburban home where several children were being cared for, police said. The weapon discharged, injuring two 3-year-olds who were present.

An outcome of a sick society.

If only the other toddlers had been armed this might have been avoided.

A small price to pay for our right to bear arms

Stupidity is what killed in this instance as is the case with most accidents

Collateral damage

Our country is willing to ignore this type of thing as long as we get to keep our guns

Tell me how is taking my guns away going to save a toddler?

I don't have kids, I never have kids in my home and I am not responsible for some idiot of a parent letting their kids get hands on a gun.
Just like I am not responsible for some piece of shit criminal using gun in a drive by.

I said nothing about taking your guns
We have over 300 million guns in circulation and they are only increasing

This is the choice we have made
With open access to guns, it is only natural that more will find their way into the hands of children
That cops will be afraid in every traffic stop and will be quick to discharge their weapon
That more guns will be used in domestic arguments
That most suicides will choose a gun

The price we pay for a second amendment...nothing we can do about it

And none of those things has happened.....

Gun murder rate from the 1990s...down 49%.

Gun crime rate from the 1990s....down 75%.

Violent crime rate from the 1990s...down 72%...

You don't know what you are talking about....or you are lying in order to push gun control.

Non gun suicide outnumbered gun suicide for the last two years.....countries with absolute gun control laws, Japan, South Korea, have more suicides than we do...guns are not the issue...

Child accidental gun deaths have gone down, not up, as we went from 300 million guns to 600 million guns, and from 4.7 million people carrying guns to over 16.3 million people carrying guns.....

88 kids accientally killed in 1998 to 48 in 2015....

There is nothing that you posted that is based in the facts, the truth or reality.....

https://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcause.html
WISQARS Leading Causes of Death Reports

With over 300 million guns in circulation, some are going to fall into the hands of toddlers

It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights

Actually, the number is closer to 600 million...with more than 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense.....number of children accidentally killed with guns in 2015? 48.......out of 74.2 million children in the country.

Children killed in car accidents 2015...1,083.

Wait for the argument from him that "cars were not designed to kill".

Two children are in serious but stable condition after allegedly being shot by another toddler at their home day care centre.

A toddler in Dearborn, Michigan “accessed a handgun” in a suburban home where several children were being cared for, police said. The weapon discharged, injuring two 3-year-olds who were present.

And your point is...?
Children should not have access to guns. But your insane gun laws make it inevitable. America shot these kids.
Our gun laws have absolutely nothing to do with this.
Wrong. States with Child Access Prevention (CAP) laws have seen a significant reduction in these events, including child suicide.
Wrong.

Let's start from the beginning.

Thomas has a tendency to believe that firearms and the possession of said firearms are the cause of this.

He also has a tendency to believe that owning firearms causes the sickness in our society.

We have laws concerning the possession and use of these firearms, especially when it comes to children.

It is good to know that there is a decline in child deaths and suicide are in decline.

It still has absolutely nothing to do with our laws.

We have laws against murder but irresponsible and dangerous people still commit murder.

It is not the firearm. It will always be the individual.

Nothing you can say will change this and no law will stop it.

What he can't see is how Britain is becoming more and more violent.....more gun crime, more knife murder.....it won't be long before their gun murder rate spikes.......

And your point is...?
Children should not have access to guns. But your insane gun laws make it inevitable. America shot these kids.
Wrong. States with Child Access Prevention (CAP) laws have seen a significant reduction in these events, including child suicide.
Wrong.

Thomas has a tendency to believe that firearms and the possession of said firearms are the cause of this.

He also has a tendency to believe that owning firearms causes the sickness in our society.

We have laws concerning the possession and use of these firearms, especially when it comes to children.

It is good to know that there is a decline in child deaths and suicide are in decline.

We have laws against murder but irresponsible and dangerous people still commit murder.

What he can't see is how Britain is becoming more and more violent.....more gun crime, more knife murder.....it won't be long before their gun murder rate spikes.......
He'll get it...

But only when he becomes a victim.

America shot these kids.

Just about the dumbest thing I've read on this forum...and that's saying something.

No, it was a person that shot those kids. A person that pulled a trigger.

Are you suggesting that kids in countries that have banned civilian firearm ownership don't get shot? You really want to go there?

God you're an idiot.
Please list some of the examples of toddler on toddler violence in the civilised world.

Meanwhile in the land of the free......................

Trump fears terrorists, but more Americans are shot dead by toddlers | Gary Younge

Armed toddlers kill twice as many Americans each year as terrorists

Take a knee babe -you are full of shit.

No, you don't get to back peddle out of this one.

Countries don't discharge a firearm, people do, just the like Mexican kid in the link I provided.

Again, you're an idiot.
Americans' fascination with firearms is sick.

America shot these kids.

Just about the dumbest thing I've read on this forum...and that's saying something.

Are you suggesting that kids in countries that have banned civilian firearm ownership don't get shot? You really want to go there?

God you're an idiot.
Please list some of the examples of toddler on toddler violence in the civilised world.

Trump fears terrorists, but more Americans are shot dead by toddlers | Gary Younge

Countries don't discharge a firearm, people do, just the like Mexican kid in the link I provided.

Again, you're an idiot.

Spoken like a 'subject.'

And your point is...?
Wrong.

It is you that is 100% wrong. CAP laws have been empirically shown to reduce these events. These are facts that don't care about your fetishes and neuroses. And if you are a rational adult, you will account for these facts in your arguments. Stomping your feet and saying false things only discredits you.

And you're so rabid that you are arguing against the very laws that do EXACTLY what you suggested in this thread should be done! See what this fetish does to your brain?

Like so many on the left, you'll use anything to push a point of view.

That is the only thing sick about this.

Sure found your best wishes for the injured to be so touching.....

Oh, wait.......

Oh, wait.......
Ah yes, the "this is not the time to talk about this" card. Wrong. This is exactly the time to talk about this.

Oh, wait.......
Ah yes, the "this is not the time to talk about this" card. Wrong. This is exactly the time to talk about this.

More than happy to discuss it.

When the OP starts out call it an outcome of a sick society......we'll just point out the obvious.

Now what was it you wanted to "talk about" ?

Oh, wait.......

When the OP starts out call it an outcome of a sick society......we'll just point out the obvious.

We need stronger CAP laws in all States.

Oh, wait.......

I saw a three year old step on a rake and knock out two teeth the other day.

Maybe we should have stronger laws against rakes.

We don't need anything except to accept that things like this will happen and when it does it is a tragedy.

Oh, wait.......

We don't need anything except to accept that things like this will happen and when it does it is a tragedy.
I've always thought that was a very stupid argument. Clearly rakes and guns are not equivalent. In fact, it's overly general. (Substitute any way to get injured that you want, for either the rake or the guns, and the analogy in no less worthless. That's indicates it was worthless to begin with)

So, you are not actually arguing against gun control. You are arguing against ANY gun control at all, and in fact control of anything which could injure us or kill us.

So why should I find your argument compelling? You are not going to convince
me that we shouldn't regulate any dangerous items or situations, nor do even believe it yourself. Could you somehow tailor your argument to guns, specifically?

Oh, wait.......

I've always thought that was a very stupid argument. Clearly rakes and guns are not equivalent. In fact, it's overly general. (Substitute any way to get injured that you want, for either the rake or the guns, and the analogy in no less worthless. That's indicates it was worthless to begin with)

So, you are not actually arguing against gun control. You are arguing against ANY gun control at all, and in fact control of anything which could injure us or kill us.

So why should I find your argument compelling? You are not going to convince n
me that we shouldn't regulate any dangerous item or situation, nor do even believe it yourself. Could you somehow tailor your argument to guns, specifically?

Your fallacy is very longwinded.

1. Regulating anything dangerous to people goes on the table when you talk about guns since morons like Timmy can't shut up about them.
2. Rakes, cars, electrical outlets are all pretty dangerous...in fact houses (since they tend to burn down) are pretty bad.
3. Where did I say I was against ANY gun control.
4. I am arguing against "if some is good, more is better" when it comes to any control (gun or otherwise).
5. And no, I am not tailoring it to guns. To do so is to accept your position they somehow deserve special attention.

me that we shouldn't regulate any dangerous item or situation, nor do even believe it yourself. Could you somehow tailor your argument to guns, specifically?

1. Regulating anything dangerous to people goes on the table when you talk about guns since morons like Timmy can't shut up about them.
2. Rakes, cars, electrical outlets are all pretty dangerous...in fact houses (since they tend to burn down) are pretty bad.
4. I am arguing against "if some is good, more is better" when it comes to any control (gun or otherwise).
5. And no, I am not tailoring it to guns. To do so is to accept your position they somehow deserve special attention.
Tommy tommy tommy....geesh, go talk to tommy, then ..... I am discussing CAP laws.

If you read more carefully, I didn't say that you said you were aginst any gun control. I said you argument (takes) allows for none, or , in fact, of any dangerous items or situations. Also, I said I know you do not believe this...so I kind of said the opposite of what you think i said.

Why regulate poison? I saw a kid need surgery for eating a matchbox car. Should we also regulate matchbox cars?

No, my friend, the fallacy here is all yours, if you say that argument allows for any gun control at all.

Tommy tommy tommy....geesh, go talk to tommy, then ..... I am discussing CAP laws.

If you read more carefully, I didn't say that you said you were aginst any gun control. I said you argument (takes) allows for none, or , in fact, of any dangerous items or situations. Also, I said I know you do not believe this...so I kind of said the opposite of what you think i said.

Why regulate poison? I saw a kid need surgery for eating a matchbox car. Should we also regulate matchbox cars?

No, my friend, the fallacy here is all yours, if you say that argument allows for any gun control at all.

You didn't say this.

Now, at the time I assumed you meant limited gun control.....

But hey, it speaks for itself.

Taking the conversation down a different road.

I am not for reactionary regulation.

I prefer to discuss things like this when you don't emotion in the air.

America shot these kids.

God you're an idiot.

Again, you're an idiot.

Europes fascination with socialism murdered 12 million people...because those people didn't have guns to stop the socialists.....unlike Europe, we understand history...we don't really want to repeat it.

Guns are simply part of our culture.

Now...obama's home town (which he didn't seem keen on going back to) is another story.

And your point is...?

Try again.

The parent failed the child and not society.

More than 500 children are accidentally shot every year in the US. It's a national tragedy.

Forum List

Back