Beyond belief...........

Toddler shoots two children with handgun in daycare centre

Two children are in serious but stable condition after allegedly being shot by another toddler at their home day care centre.

A toddler in Dearborn, Michigan “accessed a handgun” in a suburban home where several children were being cared for, police said. The weapon discharged, injuring two 3-year-olds who were present.

An outcome of a sick society.

If only the other toddlers had been armed this might have been avoided.

A small price to pay for our right to bear arms

Stupidity is what killed in this instance as is the case with most accidents

Collateral damage

Our country is willing to ignore this type of thing as long as we get to keep our guns

Tell me how is taking my guns away going to save a toddler?

I don't have kids, I never have kids in my home and I am not responsible for some idiot of a parent letting their kids get hands on a gun.
Just like I am not responsible for some piece of shit criminal using gun in a drive by.

I said nothing about taking your guns
We have over 300 million guns in circulation and they are only increasing

This is the choice we have made
With open access to guns, it is only natural that more will find their way into the hands of children
That cops will be afraid in every traffic stop and will be quick to discharge their weapon
That more guns will be used in domestic arguments
That most suicides will choose a gun

The price we pay for a second amendment...nothing we can do about it

Two children are in serious but stable condition after allegedly being shot by another toddler at their home day care centre.

A toddler in Dearborn, Michigan “accessed a handgun” in a suburban home where several children were being cared for, police said. The weapon discharged, injuring two 3-year-olds who were present.

Dearborn, Michigan is a Muslim, terrorist breeding ground. What are the chances that those toddlers are future Muslim terrorists? Maybe this isn't such a sad story after all

And your point is...?
Children should not have access to guns. But your insane gun laws make it inevitable. America shot these kids.
Our gun laws have absolutely nothing to do with this.
Wrong. States with Child Access Prevention (CAP) laws have seen a significant reduction in these events, including child suicide.
Wrong.

Let's start from the beginning.

Thomas has a tendency to believe that firearms and the possession of said firearms are the cause of this.

He also has a tendency to believe that owning firearms causes the sickness in our society.

We have laws concerning the possession and use of these firearms, especially when it comes to children.

It is good to know that there is a decline in child deaths and suicide are in decline.

It still has absolutely nothing to do with our laws.

We have laws against murder but irresponsible and dangerous people still commit murder.

It is not the firearm. It will always be the individual.

Nothing you can say will change this and no law will stop it.

I told my husband that he wasn't allowed to have a gun unless it was in a safe; so he had a 45 in a safe in the bedroom for 17 years... Three boys were raised here, four if you count the one we had for the summers - the kids never even knew we had it.

The owner is responsible.
Or not as it seems.

You interpreted my comments as a value judgement on the gun owner. I intended them to be condemnation of a gun owner. The gun owner will (or should) be held responsible for what happened.
Surely they will be held accountable ?

I told my husband that he wasn't allowed to have a gun unless it was in a safe; so he had a 45 in a safe in the bedroom for 17 years... Three boys were raised here, four if you count the one we had for the summers - the kids never even knew we had it.
There are some good examples of best practice on this thread. But as responsible as you are yourself you have no protection against the idiot across the way who does not take any precautions.

Ban toddlers.

And your point is...?
Children should not have access to guns. But your insane gun laws make it inevitable. America shot these kids.
No the gun laws do not make it inevitable

The actions of the gun owner make it possible.

It is not the government's job to protect you from your own bad decisions.

Really when you actually look at the numbers our accidental gun death rate is insignificant

Its the governments job to protect me and my family from idiots with guns.

You guys will see any number of kids slaughtered before you give up your toys.

No.....not true. We actually want to protect kids...the problem is that the democrat party over here keeps letting violent criminals out of jail....that is why our murder rate is so high.

And....our non gun murder rate is higher than Britain's murder rate..so guns have nothing to do with our murder rate.....our criminals are more willing to kill....but don't worry...your imported criminals are more than willing to kill in your country...

Collateral damage

Our country is willing to ignore this type of thing as long as we get to keep our guns

I don't have kids, I never have kids in my home and I am not responsible for some idiot of a parent letting their kids get hands on a gun.
Just like I am not responsible for some piece of shit criminal using gun in a drive by.

I said nothing about taking your guns
We have over 300 million guns in circulation and they are only increasing

This is the choice we have made
With open access to guns, it is only natural that more will find their way into the hands of children
That cops will be afraid in every traffic stop and will be quick to discharge their weapon
That more guns will be used in domestic arguments
That most suicides will choose a gun

The price we pay for a second amendment...nothing we can do about it
Most suicides do not use guns. In fact it is about 50 50.

And even though the number of guns has increased the accidental death rate due to guns is extremely low.

And I don't see us having open access to guns we have laws that forbid some people to own guns we just choose not to enforce those laws.

Collateral damage

My dad taught me gun safety at a young age and I did the same for mine. I've had guns in my house since before my children were born. So did my dad. Nothing happened.

There are some good examples of best practice on this thread. But as responsible as you are yourself you have no protection against the idiot across the way who does not take any precautions.

There is risk with freedom. I have no problem with law abiding people owning firearms it's a calculated risk I am glad to take.

With over 300 million guns in circulation, some are going to fall into the hands of toddlers

It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights

"We" don't pay the price the idiot parents who let their kids get hands on a gun pay the price as they should. And that price should be a lot higher than it is. I'm thinking 25 ears in prison for manslaughter of a child
""We" don't pay the price the idiot parents who let their kids get hands on a gun pay the price as they should."

not in most States, they don't. You can't charge someone with a crime when there is no law to charge them with.

The guns haters want to punish the rest of us by passing laws that won't prevent this type of thing.

There is risk with freedom. I have no problem with law abiding people owning firearms it's a calculated risk I am glad to take.

When something like this happens, those that hate freedom want to blame the item and not the lack of parental guidance needed if you choose to own guns.

And your point is...?
No the gun laws do not make it inevitable

The actions of the gun owner make it possible.

Really when you actually look at the numbers our accidental gun death rate is insignificant

Its the governments job to protect me and my family from idiots with guns.

You guys will see any number of kids slaughtered before you give up your toys.

600 million guns in private hands.

16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense.

48 children were accidentally killed with guns in 2015....

Notice the trend line here, as more Americans own and carry guns......accidental deaths of children...we have 74.2 million kids in this country.......48 accidentally killed with guns...accidental car deaths....1,083

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/leading_causes_death.html

Broker Version 9.4

Accidental death by cause for 2014.....ages <1-14. ( 320 million guns in private hands in 2013) (74.2 million children 2010 census)

Accidental gun...48 ( 2013...69) ( 2012...58) ( 2011...74)
Accidental drowning...647
Accidental car deaths...1,083
Accidental falls...53

Collateral damage

My dad taught me gun safety at a young age and I did the same for mine. I've had guns in my house since before my children were born. So did my dad. Nothing happened.

I was taught gun safety at an early age as well. I have had guns since I was 16 and my CCW permit since I was 21 and in all those years I never accidentally discharged a weapon, and never had any of my weapons used by another person except my wife.

The fact is that is the case for most gun owners. A very small percentage are negligent but for some reason all the rest of us responsible gun owners are responsible for them as well as for all the crimes committed with guns

I'm glad I do not live in the USA.

We are also glad you do not live in the USA....

With over 300 million guns in circulation, some are going to fall into the hands of toddlers

It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights

Actually, the number is closer to 600 million...with more than 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense.....number of children accidentally killed with guns in 2015? 48.......out of 74.2 million children in the country.

Children killed in car accidents 2015...1,083.

Collateral damage

We don't ignore these accidents...the NRA has taught gun safety to 30 million children.....and guys like you fight to keep gun safety education away from children....because you need dead children to push gun control.

Forum List

Back