Best choice for a laptop?

Your "geeks" don't want to be out of a job ace. Stick with that colored windoze shit, it fits you perfectly. The best Illustrators, photographers, the printing industry, science and education, Presidents, musicians, writers, animators, designers and movie makers.......... a few of the idiots that wouldn't trade their MACs for the most expensive pc running windoze. Yea, your "geeks" have a clue.

Ok, bag boy.

What possessed you to pull this up from the depths of hell? And why do you care what I choose to use in my back yard?

Oh, I get it. You're just jealous.

Run along now.. I'm finished with you.

Yea, sure, jealous of a straw haired skank with a flag pole stuck up her ass, sure.
I would tell you to suck dick but I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It is "cute" that you buy computer equipment because it's a pretty color.:lol::lol::lol:

It's cute that you try and get people to believe you CAN do better in life, you just don't because you're comfortable.

If you possessed half as much knowledge as you THINK you do, you'd be using it to make money, rather than just flapping at the gums. Now DO go away. I'm finished with you.

Summer's coming - I want something portable, so I can lounge around outside...

Any suggestions on laptops? Looking at maybe a Sony Vaio, mostly for reliability sake..

Internet, email, photos, and messaging is pretty much all I use it for.

Sony is shit.

Compac Presario is cheap and tough.

It is the Camry of laptops.

Macbook Pro Laptop - Excellent.

Built in Camera and Mic. Easier to use so many more programs. It doesn't get viruses like Windows and it doesn't break down constantly like Dell.

I was really, really tempted to get a netbook for my back up computer. Then I went to Radio Shack to see what trash they were selling and fell in love with my Aspire Timeline...$500 bucks, a dvd/cd drive that allowed me to load all the programs that I've already forked over money to own, all the bells and whistles and mucho faster and better wifi range than my main squeeze $1400 Dell. I may never buy a Dell again.

Compac Presario costs $425.

The last one I had I used 6 hours a day for 7 years.

Built in Camera and Mic. Easier to use so many more programs. It doesn't get viruses like Windows and it doesn't break down constantly like Dell.

Why spend that kind of money for a laptop, when you can spend under $800.00 and be screaming right out of the box?

Pangolin Performance - Ubuntu Linux Laptop - 15.4 inch - system76, Inc.

It even has a cam. Plus, a person can easily load whatever Linux distro they want, if they don't want to use Ubuntu 64, which comes with it.

Last edited:

Why spend that kind of money for a laptop, when you can spend under $800.00 and be screaming right out of the box?

It even has a cam. Plus, a person can easily load whatever Linux distro they want, if they don't want to use Ubuntu 64, which comes with it.

Now that is a sweet recommendation. ;)

:lol: yea right.. you linux fan boys are almost as bad as apple biters.

For instance, you could have that machine... OR

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - A505-S6965

without having to add cost after cost for upgrading options like HD, processor, screen size, video card, ram etc.

AND ITS CHEAPER TOO!

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - A505-S6965

without having to add cost after cost for upgrading options like HD, processor, screen size, video card, ram etc.

AND ITS CHEAPER TOO!

And if you don't use ANY of what's included for your $800, you'll get a whopping 2 hours and 30 min of battery life. Not all that portable, either.

AND ITS CHEAPER TOO!

And if you don't use ANY of what's included for your $800, you'll get a whopping 2 hours and 30 min of battery life. Not all that portable, either.

:rofl:

I use mine (same system) all over the place. I'm typing on it right now. It's portable all day long. Granted, the power supply doesn't last but.. hey.. I'll plug this bad boy in and get almost 3x as much HD space, processor function, RAM and screen for LESS THAN the compared ubunto system.

AND ITS CHEAPER TOO!

I use mine (same system) all over the place. I'm typing on it right now. It's portable all day long. Granted, the power supply doesn't last but.. hey.. I'll plug this bad boy in and get almost 3x as much HD space, processor function, RAM and screen for LESS THAN the compared ubunto system.

You're still using that pathetic crap Operating System from Microsoft, can't get around that, what a joke. Keep an IT on 24 hour call dumb ass..... but you saved 200 bucks over an Apple.......... you can take that and head over to shattered's hair and color butcher.:razz::lol::lol::lol: Windows fantwat.

You're still using that pathetic crap Operating System from Microsoft, can't get around that, what a joke. Keep an IT on 24 hour call dumb ass..... but you saved 200 bucks over an Apple.......... you can take that and head over to shattered's hair and color butcher.:razz::lol::lol::lol: Windows fantwat.

My OS and hardware still shits on your tiny lil mac, fan boy. You see, thats the big difference between mac users and pcs users: I don't require a mac store to run crying to if my machine breaks. Instead, I am savvy enough to change my own oil, so to speak. Remember, we've already covered what kind of a pussy motherfucking apple biter it takes to pretend a 3 page wizard on an overpriced nugget of shit mac is a deal.

:thup:

Hell, when you are trying to pretend 10 year old specs are still valid i'll STILL be smacking the taste of Steve Job's balls out of your mouth with ANOTHER better priced pc than anything your silly little cult has to offer.

Actually, you can buy the cheaper Microsucks computer then install Ubuntu over it for free ... if you're smart. ;)

meh.. some of us LIKE compatibility. I guess others have to feel like an outsider somehow..

*yawn*

and, perhaps you should mute the smart talk given what kind of crap basket laptop you gave your approval of above...

just a thought.

My OS and hardware still shits on your tiny lil mac, fan boy. You see, thats the big difference between mac users and pcs users: I don't require a mac store to run crying to if my machine breaks. Instead, I am savvy enough to change my own oil, so to speak. Remember, we've already covered what kind of a pussy motherfucking apple biter it takes to pretend a 3 page wizard on an overpriced nugget of shit mac is a deal.

:thup:

Hell, when you are trying to pretend 10 year old specs are still valid i'll STILL be smacking the taste of Steve Job's balls out of your mouth with ANOTHER better priced pc than anything your silly little cult has to offer.

You stated the point Shotwat, I have never had a MAC break, never had a virus, never had a problem adding anything, it's called plug and play. Never had to ad a driver, never had a firewall or virus protection, never thought twice about opening an email......... Bill Gates loves you clone.:razz::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, you can buy the cheaper Microsucks computer then install Ubuntu over it for free ... if you're smart. ;)

meh.. some of us LIKE compatibility. I guess others have to feel like an outsider somehow..

*yawn*

and, perhaps you should mute the smart talk given what kind of crap basket laptop you gave your approval of above...

just a thought.

Linux is compatible with Microsucks and there is a lot more safe and virus free software available for free. ;)

Forum List

Back