Best choice for a laptop?

Finally decided on a laptop.. (Boy, that didn't take long...):eusa_eh:

Samsung N120. Not as large as a regular laptop, not as puny as an eeePC, better keyboard, and a hell of a lot cuter, while being dirt cheap - $400 on sale.... Does everything I need it to while lounging outside...

We have a Dell Inspiron 1525. Daughter got one for college and we decided to get on for ourselves. No complaints. The cost was around $700 or so with a $100 Dell gift card (some special they had going on at the time).

too bad. hope it works out for ya.

My "geeks" get paid upwards of 100k a year, and make $200 an hour doing piddly side jobs...they're that good. If they say "no Mac", then "no Mac" is good enough for :eusa_whistle: me... I've no doubt it will work out beautifully. This IS a spare computer for when I want to sit outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my MacBook. I'm not any kind of computer whiz so I'm basically using it for the basics, and I like it much better than my desktop pc.

Mac is overpriced, in my opinion. I got a Toshiba for under 500 bucks. Removed Windoze and loaded Linux. Runs fast and is secure.

Try checking out a laptop from Alienware...You can select one with what you want in it...xp, vista blah blah blah..how much memory, the sky is the limit or you can go bare minimum. They usually have some good deals. The support is excellent too.

Good choice!

Three years ago I bought two Systemax wide screen laptops from TigerDirect, and love 'em! It was $800 for the pair.

Good buy. Big keyboard, monitor and HD for a Netbook. Does it come with XP or Vista?

XP, thankfully...

Awesome! I almost bought a netbook, but I needed more power. After reading the specs on it, I might just have to buy one.

It's got enough muscle for what I do with it.. So far, I'm *really* happy with it... Quick, solid, good sound (for a laptop), and the battery life rocks.. :)

XP, thankfully...

Awesome! I almost bought a netbook, but I needed more power. After reading the specs on it, I might just have to buy one.

It's got enough muscle for what I do with it.. So far, I'm *really* happy with it... Quick, solid, good sound (for a laptop), and the battery life rocks.. :)
Test your sound by clicking on the link in my sig!

Forum List

Back