Best choice for a laptop?

:eusa_eh: You don't even know what app that is, do you?

*yawn*

it's an application used for creating 3d animations. Now, do you REALLY want to see a list of windows apps? Starting with 3d studio max and ending with Lightwave?

:eusa_whistle:

:rofl: You think those are better than Blender ... so sad, so sad. Blender is a lot more than just "an application for creating 3d animations" ... but you'd know that if you ran it. Oh wait, you'd have to close almost everything you have in memory when you do run it or you will crash. ;) But then, I don't have 3 years for you to finally grasp the extent of what Blender is, so meh. Regardless, that wasn't even my point. Blender is compiled for the three major OSes, Linux/Unix, Windoze, and Mac. However, the GUI library it uses only gives about 50% functionality in Windoze, because Windoze is extremely behind in widget code (not a problem at all with Gnome/KDE powered OSes).

Indeed, Lightwave is used in a giant list of television shows and movies. So, I KNOW they are better than blender. Again, you can CLAIM to be the fucking expert but it just doesn't stick given which of us is providing the evidence and which of us is providing the blather.

Perhaps you'd like to list the end product of blender like I can with Lightwave... all these challenges you keep avoiding... talk about a fucking algorithm.

*yawn*

it's an application used for creating 3d animations. Now, do you REALLY want to see a list of windows apps? Starting with 3d studio max and ending with Lightwave?

:eusa_whistle:

:rofl: You think those are better than Blender ... so sad, so sad. Blender is a lot more than just "an application for creating 3d animations" ... but you'd know that if you ran it. Oh wait, you'd have to close almost everything you have in memory when you do run it or you will crash. ;) But then, I don't have 3 years for you to finally grasp the extent of what Blender is, so meh. Regardless, that wasn't even my point. Blender is compiled for the three major OSes, Linux/Unix, Windoze, and Mac. However, the GUI library it uses only gives about 50% functionality in Windoze, because Windoze is extremely behind in widget code (not a problem at all with Gnome/KDE powered OSes).

Indeed, Lightwave is used in a giant list of television shows and movies. So, I KNOW they are better than blender. Again, you can CLAIM to be the fucking expert but it just doesn't stick given which of us is providing the evidence and which of us is providing the blather.

Perhaps you'd like to list the end product of blender like I can with Lightwave... all these challenges you keep avoiding... talk about a fucking algorithm.

Blender is used by movie production companies. ;)

How was LightWave used in Serenity?
95% of the visual FX in Serenity were rendered in LightWave. The major battle at the end, the Serenity itself and some digital sets were all LightWave renders. Although the bulk of the modeling and texturing was done in another application, some modeling and texturing was done in LightWave, and all of it was rendered in LightWave. We received assets from our modelers and then animated, lit and rendered everything in LightWave, this includes all the pyro and various effects seen in the film. Most of the pyro was done with real elements, but there was some HyperVoxel work in there. The Serenity's warp effect was a combination of displacement maps, voxels and image sequences.

NewTek LightWave

:rofl:

Blender is used by movie production companies. ;)

list them. Lets see some movie names that we'd have heard of... I DARE you.

:lol:

95% of the visual FX in Serenity were rendered in LightWave. The major battle at the end, the Serenity itself and some digital sets were all LightWave renders. Although the bulk of the modeling and texturing was done in another application, some modeling and texturing was done in LightWave, and all of it was rendered in LightWave. We received assets from our modelers and then animated, lit and rendered everything in LightWave, this includes all the pyro and various effects seen in the film. Most of the pyro was done with real elements, but there was some HyperVoxel work in there. The Serenity's warp effect was a combination of displacement maps, voxels and image sequences.

NewTek LightWave

*yawn* Doesn't prove that Blender is inferior, just that someone likes Lightwave more. ;)

However, everything listed there can be done in Blender as well, I know, I've been playing with those for some time now.

NewTek LightWave

*yawn* Doesn't prove that Blender is inferior, just that someone likes Lightwave more. ;)

However, everything listed there can be done in Blender as well, I know, I've been playing with those for some time now.

you keep telling yourself that. Again, your "expertise" just doesn't stick when your example is some laughable open source movie and mine is SERENITY.

are you fucking kidding me?

yea.. thats going places.

:thup:

I post one, you post one, only difference is that mine was 100% computer graphics, yours was "special effects" ... huge difference. Oh, and did I mention, Serinities special effects were sub par at best for the time period it was made.

YOU go ahead and make as many caveats as you NEED. :rofl:

yea, serenity sure is known for it's sub par production! ALL THE FIREFLY FANS HATE IT! :lol:

You have officially jumped the shark. But, here is some meat for you to chew on.

A more comprehensive list can be found at the Lightwave website.[1] Some notable highlights are:

* Animal Armageddon (TV Series)
* Babylon 5 (1993 Visual FX Emmy Award)
* Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series) (2007, 2008 Visual FX Emmy Winner)
* Children of Dune (2003 Visual FX Emmy Winner)
* Dune (2001 Visual FX Emmy Winner)
* Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2002 Oscar Nominee)
* The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (spinoff TV Series of the movie Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)
* Lost (2005 VFX Emmy Award)
* Stargate SG-1 (Emmy Nominee)
* Star Trek: Enterprise (Emmy Nominee)
* Star Trek: Voyager (1999, 2001 Visual FX Emmy Winner)
* Titanic (1997 Visual Effects Oscar Winner)
* The X-Files (2000 Visual FX Emmy Winner)
* Invader Zim

* Iron Man
* The Outer Limits (TV series)

*yawn* Seriously Shogun, are you so vain that you have to be right even when there is nothing to be right about?

hey, it's all about the evidence, koder. If you had it, you'd have posted it. Instead, you takl shit about firefly as if it's not the brightest nerd beacon in a decade which used nothing other than LIGHTWAVE. by all means, post some fucking evidence or shut the hell up.

*yawn* Seriously Shogun, are you so vain that you have to be right even when there is nothing to be right about?

hey, it's all about the evidence, koder. If you had it, you'd have posted it. Instead, you takl shit about firefly as if it's not the brightest nerd beacon in a decade which used nothing other than LIGHTWAVE. by all means, post some fucking evidence or shut the hell up.

Oh, now your asking for evidence about something for which I posted one of many, but which I don't even care enough about. Firefly and Serinity are not the "beightest nerd beacon", that's Star Trek, us geeks however prefer works by Pixar, Star Wars (4-6), and monster flicks.Sorry Shogun, but there is no "right" answer to this, as I said, they all have flaws an benefits. Did you know Blender can read and write Lightwave models, as well as 3DS, COB, etc.. At least 50 different ones. Do you also know most video game designers now use packages like Blender? Or Open FX (The easiest of the Windoze native programs for 3D design)? Honestly, if you enjoy wasting time scouring the net just to prove a point that doesn't exist, go ahead. When you have a real point, let me know. You can't be right about something without a point.

Oh, now your asking for evidence about something for which I posted one of many, but which I don't even care enough about. Firefly and Serinity are not the "beightest nerd beacon", that's Star Trek, us geeks however prefer works by Pixar, Star Wars (4-6), and monster flicks.Sorry Shogun, but there is no "right" answer to this, as I said, they all have flaws an benefits. Did you know Blender can read and write Lightwave models, as well as 3DS, COB, etc.. At least 50 different ones. Do you also know most video game designers now use packages like Blender? Or Open FX (The easiest of the Windoze native programs for 3D design)? Honestly, if you enjoy wasting time scouring the net just to prove a point that doesn't exist, go ahead. When you have a real point, let me know. You can't be right about something without a point.

you gave exactly one example of some laughable open effort. ONE. compared to Firefly you might as well saved yourself from providing me with the giant laughing guffaw that erupted upon reading your post.

and, star trek is 30 fucking years old. I guarenfuckingtee that if nerds were given the option for another series of the latest invocation of Star Trek OR putting Firefly back on the air you'd still be sitting there trying to save face.

and, again, i'm not interested in your lame ass talking points. If you've got evidence then post it like I did. See, THIS is what you trendy little pc haters are reduced to when the facts hit your fan. THAT is the motherfucking point, bitch. From market share to compatible apps to dropping more lightwave examples than you have backpeddled steps it's pretty clear why I remain as "vain" as I am.

You're still trying to be right in a non point?

There's a point alright. It's the same point you were busy trying to avoid yesterday when i challenged you to post the price of the ubunto laptop WITH UPGRADES EQUAL TO THAT OF THE TOSHIBA FROM BEST BUY.

again, this is why you justin longs are so funny out here in the real world.

Shogun, if you think Windoze is so perfect, fine, have at it. Ubuntu can be installed on anything, even on a Mac (though if you're going to shell out the money take advantage of the customer service and keep the MacOS). So seriously, just because it's got Ubuntu installed doesn't make it that much different from another computer (except it has better security and more free software that competes well with the high priced alternatives). When I got mine it had XP installed, all I did was put Ubuntu on it and got rid of Windoze ... didn't cost me a cent, got the CD for Ubuntu for free online, they mailed in in two weeks. The real difference is what you pay for, Windoze you are suppose to be getting customer service for the cost, if you don't want or need that then you are wasting your money, however, if you do need customer service go with Mac, they have the best in the business. Now, as for your failed attempts to insult, here's a clue, learn something and actually explore what computers offer what instead of staying naive. ;)

Shogun, if you think Windoze is so perfect, fine, have at it. Ubuntu can be installed on anything, even on a Mac (though if you're going to shell out the money take advantage of the customer service and keep the MacOS). So seriously, just because it's got Ubuntu installed doesn't make it that much different from another computer (except it has better security and more free software that competes well with the high priced alternatives). When I got mine it had XP installed, all I did was put Ubuntu on it and got rid of Windoze ... didn't cost me a cent, got the CD for Ubuntu for free online, they mailed in in two weeks. The real difference is what you pay for, Windoze you are suppose to be getting customer service for the cost, if you don't want or need that then you are wasting your money, however, if you do need customer service go with Mac, they have the best in the business. Now, as for your failed attempts to insult, here's a clue, learn something and actually explore what computers offer what instead of staying naive. ;)

Again, bitch. Your OPINION means two things to me. Jack and shit. I really don't care if you are an eternal shill for anything non-MS and continue to keep choking on the cock of ubunto. Really, I don't. But, when you keep waffling about some self righteous bullshit and have YET to post evidence for a single fucking assertion you've made.. well.. again, we see how you justin long motherfuckers last out in the real world. enjoy your free software. Nobody wants to use it but you. If you think that makes you cool in some neo-hax0r kind of way then, again, it's no skin off of my balls. If your harpy cry needs to scream about customer service then squawk on, lil birdie. the FACT remains that consumer trends define which system actually is better more than your silly fucking freebie fantasy. end of story.

ps, for someone who has yet to provide a single scrap of evidence you can take your clue and shove it up your crusty pussy. Again, we BOTH know why you are too much of a spineless **** to post comparative prices on the above laptops. Much like we BOTH know how laughable your take is on 3d apps and Operating Systems.

Again, bitch. Your OPINION means two things to me. Jack and shit. I really don't care if you are an eternal shill for anything non-MS and continue to keep choking on the cock of ubunto. Really, I don't. But, when you keep waffling about some self righteous bullshit and have YET to post evidence for a single fucking assertion you've made.. well.. again, we see how you justin long motherfuckers last out in the real world. enjoy your free software. Nobody wants to use it but you. If you think that makes you cool in some neo-hax0r kind of way then, again, it's no skin off of my balls. If your harpy cry needs to scream about customer service then squawk on, lil birdie. the FACT remains that consumer trends define which system actually is better more than your silly fucking freebie fantasy. end of story.

ps, for someone who has yet to provide a single scrap of evidence you can take your clue and shove it up your crusty pussy. Again, we BOTH know why you are too much of a spineless **** to post comparative prices on the above laptops. Much like we BOTH know how laughable your take is on 3d apps and Operating Systems.

:lol: Opinion ... sure, whatever. Linux is more secure and universal than Windoze, even PC Mag says so. ;) But that's moot, because no matter what you have installed as an OS, the hardware is what you should be paying for, nothing else. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's better, and Windoze is losing popularity anyhow so even if popularity is proof then Windoze is sucking more each year. Tests done over and over again have proven that Linux is the better OS, it's almost invincible to virus' and hacking. However, until recently Linux has been a "geeks only" OS, thanks to Ubuntu that is changing. Also, almost every web server online (the smart ones anyway) run Linux or Unix (almost identical OSes). So again, you are only making your point more pointless. Thanks for playing though, wannabe nerds like you are a dying breed.

Forum List

Back