Berkeley using "anticipatory violence" to silence free speech

The Regressives continue to make Bernie Sanders look like Ronald Reagan.
23_zpskzgvznaa.gif~original
Bernie is weak, and fascists have spent all of history rolling over weaklings like him.
So you're not really into freedom of expression as he is?
Speak as free as you want. But peddle speech that inspires anger and violence at your own risk.

You sounds like a commercial for Antifa
Good. Fascism can't be met with appeasement.

You mean the Fascism of shutting down debate at school campus and attacking peaceful protesters with bike locks? Yes, we're in agreement there

Bernie is weak, and fascists have spent all of history rolling over weaklings like him.
Speak as free as you want. But peddle speech that inspires anger and violence at your own risk.

You mean the Fascism of shutting down debate at school campus and attacking peaceful protesters with bike locks? Yes, we're in agreement there
Coulter spent her entire career railing against college and demonizing the people who live around Berkeley. She was never going to be met with hugs.

In point of fact, protest is the most American activity of all. Our founding fathers even said it is our duty to protest our govt and Berkeley has a long history standing up for constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Deal with it.
Who said anything about protest? I think the left should do more marches and protests. I believe it has and will help to show the nation who you really are. What is not something the founding fathers would of appreciated however is censorship on one of our prestigious campuses.
They would be ashamed and if you had an ounce of pride left in you after November 8th you would be ashamed too. But you don't, you have thrown it all away because of one election that didn't go your way. You are willing to bring the whole nation down because of one election.
What a sad situation you find yourself in. But by all means please go ahead and march and riot and burn your future down. I like that. I really really like that.

Coulter spent her entire career railing against college and demonizing the people who live around Berkeley. She was never going to be met with hugs.

Ann ever hit anyone with a bike lock, or did she just trigger you with her words?

The Antifa and BAMN are going to get the biggest beatdown yet if(when) they try their crap at the Ann Coulter speech.

That's it. Done. If you think they got routed last time, they're going to be routed worse every time from here on out.

Good job, guys! You made all the normals mad now! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

The Antifa and BAMN are going to get the biggest beatdown yet if(when) they try their crap at the Ann Coulter speech.

That's it. Done. If you think they got routed last time, they're going to be routed worse every time from here on out.

Good job, guys! You made all the normals mad now! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

All they had to do was get the fuck over themselves and let Ann do her little talk.

No one would have known, or cared.

But no, an authoritarian just has to intimidate and threaten to protect their perceived turf.

I'm all for freedom of expression, and I have no issue even with Milo speaking. I do have an issue with violent represssion, but if the community doesn't want these people, they have a right to express that too.

I'm all for freedom of expression, and I have no issue even with Milo speaking. I do have an issue with violent represssion, but if the community doesn't want these people, they have a right to express that too.

The community wants people to be able to speak freely. You'll see next week.

Of course they do. But as Bernie Sanders says, "people have the right to give their two cents' worth without fear of violence and intimidation". Or as Barack Obama says, we shouldn't "shut them up, avoid them, push them away, or call upon a higher power to protect me", because as Noam Chomsky says, "if we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all."

I like to believe there are still some decent, honorable, tolerant liberals out there, such as the men quoted above.

Of course they do. But as Bernie Sanders says, "people have the right to give their two cents' worth without fear of violence and intimidation". Or as Barack Obama says, we shouldn't "shut them up, avoid them, push them away, or call upon a higher power to protect me", because as Noam Chomsky says, "if we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all."

I like to believe there are still some decent, honorable, tolerant liberals out there, such as the men quoted above.

There are, and they'll be lining up with the rest of the Americans against Antifa and BAMN next time, watch. Maybe the police can do their jobs next time as well. The people saw what happened with the police last time crystal clear, though.
They will be showing out in force.

How does this "silence free speech"?

Would the RWNJs feel the same if the college was one of the rabid RW fundie christian, anti-freedom joints?

Fact is, the RW nutters never ever support free speech from the left but now get all hysterical over coulter being canx?

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Is Berkeley a public university or not, moron?

IMO, all points of view should be welcome at any and all colleges and universities. But that is an OPINION only. The OP mistakenly stated that this is a free speech issue. I disagree. That's why I wrote "read the first five words of the First Amendment".

IMO, "public"or "private" isn't the question or the answer.

Again, read the first five words of the First Amendment.

Do you really want govt to control our colleges and universities?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
The government DOES control public schools, nitwit.
The Blind Led by Those Who Blinded Them

And those who send their spoiled brats to expensive private schools control the government. No matter how much money they spend, they can't make their mediocre heirs smart, so they dumb down the 99% instead.

Lberal Fascism.

No dissenting opinion.

You will be destroyed one way or the other.

Liberal playbook:

Allow violence to occur without police enforcement of basic property and assault laws.

Use that allowed violence as an excuse to stop future free speech.

Liberals want an ignorant and compliant electorate. Nothing else.

Ann Coulter - September 26, 2007 - TASE HIM, BRO!

Nice column, thanks for posting. It's interesting to read opinion pieces from a decade ago.

Ann does a great job of pointing out liberal hypocrisy. They allow a holocaust denier and an advocate of Jewish genocide to speak at Columbia, but TASED a young man with dissenting opinions at UF.

Too bad Ahmadinejad hates homosexuals and wanted them all executed and denied that Iran has any gays. Seems the snowflakes didn't care so much about that aspect of his opinions.

Lberal Fascism.

No dissenting opinion.

Liberal playbook:

Allow violence to occur without police enforcement of basic property and assault laws.

Nice column, thanks for posting. It's interesting to read opinion pieces from a decade ago.

Ann does a great job of pointing out liberal hypocrisy. They allow a holocaust denier and an advocate of Jewish genocide to speak at Columbia, but TASED a young man with dissenting opinions at UF.

Too bad Ahmadinejad hates homosexuals and wanted them all executed and denied that Iran has any gays. Seems the snowflakes didn't care so much about that aspect of his opinions.

The article itself also points out that liberals do not have a problem listening to
differing opinions.

The Anarchist are to liberals like the KKK are to conservatives.

Can you really be liberal if you support illiberal actions.

Lberal Fascism.

No dissenting opinion.

Liberal playbook:

Ann does a great job of pointing out liberal hypocrisy.

Home Run Derby

Coulter is a coward. Cowardice is the crime that enables all others. Backing down just encourages the campus Commie scum to escalate their palace revolution.

If she had the courage of her convictions, she would have invited hundreds of her supporters to come and protect her. It's baseball season, so the crack of the bat will crack pampered prog skulls. Out of compassion for the Commies, the sluggers should bring all the stretchers antifa will need to bring them to safe spaces. Or else the rioters, as soon as they see patriots willing to stand up to them, can immediately go home running.

Lberal Fascism.

No dissenting opinion.

Liberal playbook:

Ann does a great job of pointing out liberal hypocrisy.

Home Run Derby

Coulter is a coward. Cowardice is the crime that enables all others. Backing down just encourages the campus Commie scum to escalate their palace revolution.

If she had the courage of her convictions, she would have invited hundreds of her supporters to come and protect her. It's baseball season, so the crack of the bat will crack pampered prog skulls. Out of compassion for the Commies, the sluggers should bring all the stretchers antifa will need to bring them to safe spaces. Or else the rioters, as soon as they see patriots willing to stand up to them, can immediately go home running.

The 100 pound female is the coward. Not the violent mobs that cover their faces and destroy property and assault people.

Ok

It is not our speech that inspires anger and violence, but your desire for power and oppression.

The risk is just as much yours as ours. For you will not get to inflict violence without meeting resistance much longer.

It is already starting.

Forum List

Back