Being white, and a minority, in Georgia

Its a little different with whites. Your extinction is inevitable due to your genes.
And this makes population displacement any more ethical how?
You should ask the whites that displaced the native americans that question.
They are dead
Yes they are dead. So is any moral high ground whites thought they had on the issue.
What moral high ground? We were born here, we are native to this country, are we supposed to leave now?
The moral high ground whites assume when they say things like you just said. You were born here because your ancestors or other whites invaded the land. You have no claim to the land yet you get self righteous about being on the land. That type of attitude is what angers and disgusts the other races. Its like the justice and fairness you tout in theory is forgotten when its applied to your people in a negative fashion.

They are dead
Yes they are dead. So is any moral high ground whites thought they had on the issue.
What moral high ground? We were born here, we are native to this country, are we supposed to leave now?
The moral high ground whites assume when they say things like you just said. You were born here because your ancestors or other whites invaded the land. You have no claim to the land yet you get self righteous about being on the land. That type of attitude is what angers and disgusts the other races. Its like the justice and fairness you tout in theory is forgotten when its applied to your people in a negative fashion.
So, if you own land, is it not yours? You should give it back to the NA?

Where do you supposed all the white people should go? We didn't ask to be here anymore than you did.

They are dead
Who did you purchase the land from and under what terms? If the NA's did not willingly sell you the land (which we know they didnt) you should give it back. You basically are in possession of stolen goods.

They are dead
Who did you purchase the land from and under what terms? If the NA's did not willingly sell you the land (which we know they didnt) you should give it back. You basically are in possession of stolen goods.
Well, as it is now, I do not own land, yet. Most countries in history have been conquered and taken over by another country. I am not saying is right, but it is so. I have Potowatami ancestors, but not a large percentage, but I don't believe I am owed anything.

The moral high ground whites assume when they say things like you just said. You were born here because your ancestors or other whites invaded the land. You have no claim to the land yet you get self righteous about being on the land. That type of attitude is what angerers and disgusts the other races. Its like the justice and fairness you tout in theory is forgotten when its applied to your people in a negative fashion.
Well, as it is now, I do not own land, yet. Most countries in history have been conquered and taken over by another country. I am not saying is right, but it is so. I have Potowatami ancestors, but not a large percentage, but I don't believe I am owed anything.
When you say most countries have been taken over by other countries that is your mind trying to rationalize the sheer horror of the events that culminated in the systematic destruction of the NA's all for the idea of manifest destiny of the white race. Not saying you are one of them but you are really having a hard time letting go of the excuses and logic of most whites.

The moral high ground whites assume when they say things like you just said. You were born here because your ancestors or other whites invaded the land. You have no claim to the land yet you get self righteous about being on the land. That type of attitude is what angerers and disgusts the other races. Its like the justice and fairness you tout in theory is forgotten when its applied to your people in a negative fashion.
When you say most countries have been taken over by other countries that is your mind trying to rationalize the sheer horror of the events that culminated in the systematic destruction of the NA's all for the idea of manifest destiny of the white race. Not saying you are one of them but you are really having a hard time letting go of the excuses and logic of most whites.
I am not making excuses but I cannot change the past. I don't know what you really expect white people or why ONLY white people should get permission to occupy any part of this country. We are not responsible for history, blacks aren't either. There may not be that many 100% NA left. Again, I don't make excuses for history, but I can't change it.

I would but unfortunately I can't go back in time. Thankfully the issue we're currently addressing is happening right now, it's something we can actually act on. Revenge for things a hundred years in the past is absolutely senseless and petty.
I have no desire to act on it. It wouldnt be an issue if they hadnt stolen the land prior to today. Its amazing how whites want to whine now.

That was hundreds of years ago. How am I going to change what happened hundreds of years ago? You're telling me I should be born into the world and then immediately told "congratulations you're getting genocide because of some things that happened once!"

I didn't support it, I didn't have a say in it. It's not my burden the bear.
You can change it by giving back the stolen land if you own any. Otherwise youre just all talk. Youre also being a little dramatic. No one is killing off white people.

Yes its your burden to bear. You are in possession of stolen goods. Give them back.

Theres very little land in this world that wasn't stolen from someone else, maybe even some black Americans owe Native americans some reparations. As Ive always believed, racism isnt some genetic proclivity but has more to do with culture and brainwashing of the masses

Plains Indian view of the ‘Buffalo’ Soldier

Quote from excerpt:

The Buffalo Soldiers of the Ninth and Tenth Cavalry harried the scattered bands throughout the fall, winter, and spring, skirmishing, burning lodges and food caches. But the Comanche held out, hunting on foot, eating grubs and rodents.

Finally, in the spring and summer of 1875, the Comanche chiefs gathered their starving people and surrendered at Fort Sill, in Indian Territory.

On the other side, it is worth noting, at the time and later, black soldiers writing in pension requests and veterans’ newspapers showed no signs of a special regard for the Indians. They used the same dismissive epithets--"hostile tribes,""naked savages,"and "redskins"—and the same racist caricatures employed by whites. Most recently we saw the same mentality and terminology used in the hunt for Osama Bin Laudin: Geronimo. Reminiscent of the use among whites of "blackface" to denigrate and stereotype African-Americans, a black private named Robinson went to a masquerade ball at Fort Bayard, New Mexico, in 1894, dressed as "an idiotic Indian squaw," according to a published report by a fellow soldier.

By the same token, it should not be too surprising to read of a black soldier calling a Plains Indian in 1890 "a voodoo ******," repeating the voice of a white soldier who called the Plains Indians in 1873 "red *******." This buffalo soldier only reflected the overall values of the culture in which he struggled for a place, hoping to ally himself with the dominant American group. As historian William Gwaltney, a descendent of buffalo soldiers, said, "Buffalo Soldiers fought for recognition as citizens in a racist country and...American Indian people fought to hold on to their traditions, their land, and their lives." These were not compatible, harmonious goals that could provide the basis for interracial harmony.

Native Americans are thought to be originally from the Siberian Highlands, so it appears they are not native to America either.

I am not making excuses but I cannot change the past. I don't know what you really expect white people or why ONLY white people should get permission to occupy any part of this country. We are not responsible for history, blacks aren't either. There may not be that many 100% NA left. Again, I don't make excuses for history, but I can't change it.
i dont expect much from whites. I totally understand they have a hard time grasping the magnitude of their ancestors actions against every other race they have encounterd. Its really cognitive dissonance on display. I mean who says why do I have to get permission to stay in someones home? Where is the disconnect coming from?

Georgia has came a long way from lester maddox

“There used to be a place where we could go out to eat to get southern cooking,” said Billy’s wife, JoAnn Weathers, 79. “Well there’s no more southerners left here. . . . They came from other countries and completely changed our lives.”

“Most of the white people who are here have been here for 20 years,” explained James Bell, 64, speaking to a reporter outside a Kroger grocery store. “They have seen the neighborhood change and a lot of them are angry about it.”

Being white, and a minority, in Georgia - The Boston Globe

64 years before him someone was saying the same damn thing.

I would but unfortunately I can't go back in time. Thankfully the issue we're currently addressing is happening right now, it's something we can actually act on. Revenge for things a hundred years in the past is absolutely senseless and petty.
I have no desire to act on it. It wouldnt be an issue if they hadnt stolen the land prior to today. Its amazing how whites want to whine now.

So you're leaving the country and handing your land over to an Indian tribe?
Why would I do that when the NA's that once owned my land have been slaughtered by whites and no more remain?

Ah okay, so you'll just take advantage of the spoils

That was hundreds of years ago. How am I going to change what happened hundreds of years ago? You're telling me I should be born into the world and then immediately told "congratulations you're getting genocide because of some things that happened once!"

I didn't support it, I didn't have a say in it. It's not my burden the bear.
You can change it by giving back the stolen land if you own any. Otherwise youre just all talk. Youre also being a little dramatic. No one is killing off white people.

Yes its your burden to bear. You are in possession of stolen goods. Give them back.

Theres very little land in this world that wasn't stolen from someone else, maybe even some black Americans owe Native americans some reparations. As Ive always believed, racism isnt some genetic proclivity but has more to do with culture and brainwashing of the masses

Plains Indian view of the ‘Buffalo’ Soldier

Quote from excerpt:

The Buffalo Soldiers of the Ninth and Tenth Cavalry harried the scattered bands throughout the fall, winter, and spring, skirmishing, burning lodges and food caches. But the Comanche held out, hunting on foot, eating grubs and rodents.

Finally, in the spring and summer of 1875, the Comanche chiefs gathered their starving people and surrendered at Fort Sill, in Indian Territory.

On the other side, it is worth noting, at the time and later, black soldiers writing in pension requests and veterans’ newspapers showed no signs of a special regard for the Indians. They used the same dismissive epithets--"hostile tribes,""naked savages,"and "redskins"—and the same racist caricatures employed by whites. Most recently we saw the same mentality and terminology used in the hunt for Osama Bin Laudin: Geronimo. Reminiscent of the use among whites of "blackface" to denigrate and stereotype African-Americans, a black private named Robinson went to a masquerade ball at Fort Bayard, New Mexico, in 1894, dressed as "an idiotic Indian squaw," according to a published report by a fellow soldier.

By the same token, it should not be too surprising to read of a black soldier calling a Plains Indian in 1890 "a voodoo ******," repeating the voice of a white soldier who called the Plains Indians in 1873 "red *******." This buffalo soldier only reflected the overall values of the culture in which he struggled for a place, hoping to ally himself with the dominant American group. As historian William Gwaltney, a descendent of buffalo soldiers, said, "Buffalo Soldiers fought for recognition as citizens in a racist country and...American Indian people fought to hold on to their traditions, their land, and their lives." These were not compatible, harmonious goals that could provide the basis for interracial harmony.
I didnt read the rest of your post because you started off the post with the standard white guy response. "Everybody did it" while ignoring the fact that even if it was true that was no excuse and doesnt change anything.

My ancestors, except for the Potowatami Tribe, weren't even in this country until late 1800s. they came from Ireland and lived in the North. No slave owners. I have no guilt because even if I have white ancestors, I cannot be held accountable for the past.

So you're leaving the country and handing your land over to an Indian tribe?
Why would I do that when the NA's that once owned my land have been slaughtered by whites and no more remain?

Ah okay, so you'll just take advantage of the spoils
Who said i was taking advantage of any spoils? Who should I give the land to?

Forum List

Back