Zone1 What are the primary reasons people are anti-Catholic-poll

What are the primary reasons people are anti-Catholic

• 7 Catholicism is too old a religion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wow, that was lame, even for you.

I broke out of that sick religion at the first opportunity. Good on me.

Before that, it was more like avoiding being molested... because some of them were outright creepy.
Grin. Well given a lame post from you, what else do you expect? Still, the truth is there. You are on your path of molestation (spiritual), inquisitions, and crusades. Faith is a challenge. Most who do not want that challenge, just ignore it. But others are savagely offended by the fact the challenge of knowing God even exists and impotently slave away against it.

Grin. Well given a lame post from you, what else do you expect? Still, the truth is there. You are on your path of molestation (spiritual), inquisitions, and crusades. Faith is a challenge. Most who do not want that challenge, just ignore it. But others are savagely offended by the fact the challenge of knowing God even exists and impotently slave away against it.
Hey, I get the appeal of religion. We are all scared of death. We all mourn the loss of those who go before.

So some huckster promises you a puppy and sunshine heaven where we will be reunited with our childhood dogs, or 76 Virgins, or you get to rule your own planet, I can see where people fall for that.

I just refuse to drink the koolaid.

So some huckster promises you a puppy and sunshine heaven where we will be reunited with our childhood dogs, or 76 Virgins, or you get to rule your own planet, I can see where people fall for that.
works like a charm to gain control Joe

~S~

Oh, I can easily judge the Church.

In my 62 years, I've never molested an altar boy, Started a Crusade, launched an inquisition, burned a witch, tortured a heretic, collaborated with Nazis, oppressed women, dug up a corpse and put in on trial, sold an indulgence, etc.

So an organization that has done all of that, really doesn't get to tell me about "morality".
But I wonder what sins you HAVE committed?

it's so easy to say which ones you have not... ho hum...

I'll bet you never tell us the worst of the worst sins you have committed... too much pride

But I wonder what sins you HAVE committed?

it's so easy to say which ones you have not... ho hum...

I'll bet you never tell us the worst of the worst sins you have committed... too much pride
Depends what you consider a sin.

I don't consider sex outside of marriage to be a sin.
I don't consider denying your sky pixie to be a sin.

So I've never stolen anything, never killed anyone, and am honest in most of my business and relationship dealings.

That's all one can ask for.

Hey, I get the appeal of religion. We are all scared of death. We all mourn the loss of those who go before.

You apparently have drunk something far worse...

I have never experienced what you speak of here, been Catholic all my life, devoutly and (when young) not so devoutly, but either way, never saw the Church this way at all... The Church has blessed me

Depends what you consider a sin.

I don't consider sex outside of marriage to be a sin.
I don't consider denying your sky pixie to be a sin.

So I've never stolen anything, never killed anyone, and am honest in most of my business and relationship dealings.

That's all one can ask for.

I have fornicated. It's been quite awhile and yet I will never be (in this life) totally free of all the hideous consequences of that sin, on mind and heart and soul. Also, my acts affected other people. The damage cannot be un-done. All I can do is ask the Lord to forgive me which of course I have... (yet didn't always feel forgiven...)

Sin is like an election: it has consequences)

Yes, you told me before that death frightens you. I don't get it. What do you find so frightening about it?
People who do not know Jesus are frightened of death. Those who do know Him well embrace it... For one, it is release from the hell called Planet Earth

who are YOU to judge the Church?

how arrogant. You know more than a 2000+ year old Church that began with Jesus Christ Himself...
That's quite a comment coming from you, misery. You've judged everyone here.
Since we know that Christ built His church through Peter, and the church Peter started was in Jerusalem, how arrogant of you to blame people for not believing your lie...

You apparently have drunk something far worse...

I have never experienced what you speak of here, been Catholic all my life, devoutly and (when young) not so devoutly, but either way, never saw the Church this way at all... The Church has blessed me

I'm glad you found a substitute for thinking.

here's the thing. I was one of those kids who would ask questions the nuns couldn't answer, and frequently got a wooden ruler over my knuckles for my troubles.

Such as "Why do the Gospels of Matthew and Luke have different genealogies for Jesus, and why do they both trace them through St. Joseph, who wasn't his father."

"The Bible says no Graven Images, but we have all these carvings of Jesus, Mary and the saints."

"Why did God drown all the babies in the Great Flood".

Sr. Mary Butch's response "THEY WERE WICKED BABIES! WIIIIIICKED!!!!" (Okay her name wasn't actually Sr. Mary Butch, but you get the idea.)

I have fornicated. It's been quite awhile and yet I will never be (in this life) totally free of all the hideous consequences of that sin, on mind and heart and soul. Also, my acts affected other people. The damage cannot be un-done. All I can do is ask the Lord to forgive me which of course I have... (yet didn't always feel forgiven...)

Sin is like an election: it has consequences)

A god who would punish two people for loving each other isn't worthy of anyone's respect.

all are afraid of death?

The world hates true Christians so why would a Christian be afraid of death, the portal through which one must pass so as to be with Someone as awesome as Jesus Christ?

??

Forum List

Back