beautress is back and she's older than dirt!

Thank you for sharing the treats, OldLady. I actually forgot my name used here a few years ago and my old password didn't work on a different name I forgot I registered in at some unknown time ago, and which I do not remember now. *giggle* The only reason I now remember that I posted as "freedombecki" is because of the picture I found on the ornithology thread I found in the search engine. *blush*
This may disappoint you since I am as you could be aware, a hopeless conservative person. I became a Republican when I got married so I would not cancel out my then new husband's Republican vote. I don't know where the 44 years went that we were married. He was such a wonderful husband, partner, and friend. I grew to understand why conservatism is a good trait on account of him. He was careful with expenses, set aside some of his earnings for our old age together, paid every bill he ever received, and put his wife, church and family above all else in the world he changed with his amazing sense of humor. That's why I probably will never change my political affiliation. Conservative men made this nation a Christlike beacon to immigrants from every corner of the world. There are still some Democrats who are fiscal conservatives, though.

Welcome back becki! Good to see you here again.
Thanks, boedicca. Good to be back among such kindly spirits. :bye1:

You have a generous heart. I hope you enjoy diving back in.

I had a discussion with Foxfyre about getting you internet service in early 2017. Glad you found your way back.

I had a discussion with Foxfyre about getting you internet service in early 2017. Glad you found your way back.
Save, hiya! :desk: Thanks, I wasn't very good company for at least a year and a half after my dear husband died. I started coming out of it, but had two incidents of allergies to shots--one flu shot that put me into shock, and recently, a pneumonia shot that gave me pneumonia for 6 or 7 weeks of endless coughing. I'm getting better daily now.

Save, hiya! :desk: Thanks, I wasn't very good company for at least a year and a half after my dear husband died. I started coming out of it, but had two incidents of allergies to shots--one flu shot that put me into shock, and recently, a pneumonia shot that gave me pneumonia for 6 or 7 weeks of endless coughing. I'm getting better daily now.

Hello friend, thanks for giving me a smile today.

Thank you for sharing the treats, OldLady. I actually forgot my name used here a few years ago and my old password didn't work on a different name I forgot I registered in at some unknown time ago, and which I do not remember now. *giggle* The only reason I now remember that I posted as "freedombecki" is because of the picture I found on the ornithology thread I found in the search engine. *blush*
This may disappoint you since I am as you could be aware, a hopeless conservative person. I became a Republican when I got married so I would not cancel out my then new husband's Republican vote. I don't know where the 44 years went that we were married. He was such a wonderful husband, partner, and friend. I grew to understand why conservatism is a good trait on account of him. He was careful with expenses, set aside some of his earnings for our old age together, paid every bill he ever received, and put his wife, church and family above all else in the world he changed with his amazing sense of humor. That's why I probably will never change my political affiliation. Conservative men made this nation a Christlike beacon to immigrants from every corner of the world. There are still some Democrats who are fiscal conservatives, though.

Welcome Back !!!!

Can I use your FreedomBecki account as an emergency sock account now? :2up: We probably could have reconstructed your original name/password if you still have access to the email account you initially registered with.

Damn the paperwork. What matters is you found your way back on.. Lots of folks gonna be glad to chat with you again..

Thank you for sharing the treats, OldLady. I actually forgot my name used here a few years ago and my old password didn't work on a different name I forgot I registered in at some unknown time ago, and which I do not remember now. *giggle* The only reason I now remember that I posted as "freedombecki"....

Aha. NOW I know who you are. Thought the style sounded familiar. LTNS Becki. :smiliehug:

LONG long time.

She's lying about her age btw.... :eusa_shifty:
Thanks, Mr. Pogo. I do wish I were lying about my age, but I'm gonna live to be 120, so it doesn't matter. :grin:

Well you're a timeless beauty regardless.

Do I remember --- butterflies? Birds? :eusa_think:
You have a very good memory, Pogo. Yep. I'm an ornithologist wannabe and a Lepidopterrorist. :lmao:

Good --- You can scold me for tossing extra seed to the massive wild turkey flock that now visits our place. It's getting awful busy feeding about 15 new ones to add to the 20 or so that visit.

They consider me one of the flock now. I went out with a spreader full of grass seed and they just followed me around. They DO however, add enough bionics to the soil where I can skip one round of fertilizer a year now tho.. :badgrin:

Welcome Back !!!!

Can I use your FreedomBecki account as an emergency sock account now? :2up: We probably could have reconstructed your original name/password if you still have access to the email account you initially registered with.

Damn the paperwork. What matters is you found your way back on.. Lots of folks gonna be glad to chat with you again..
Thanks, Flacaltenn. After 3-4 years, I have no idea what my old email account was, I have a vague recollection their website was compromised and they sent me an update to my old addy which also changed my password, and I lost the back of the envelope I wrote it on. So it's like the old song, "Long distance information, get in touch with my Marie, ….blahblahblah….'cause my uncle took a message and he wrote it on the wall...". Except I used a frickin' piece of a used envelope that was likely thrown away before I reused either website. My husband's case of dementia was such that his behavior changes included hopping in the truck and driving until he ran out of gas. He always managed to charm almost everybody who spoke with him, so the sheriff or two - who called me to come get him a couple of hundred miles away and bring gas for his empty tank - were always friendly about it. It's easier to remember a password that relates to you, but some of the servers get downright cranky if you can't remember your password in 3 or 4 tries. It basically boils down to one truth: I'm a mess and I got that way all by myself. :21:

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the treats, OldLady. I actually forgot my name used here a few years ago and my old password didn't work on a different name I forgot I registered in at some unknown time ago, and which I do not remember now. *giggle* The only reason I now remember that I posted as "freedombecki"....

Aha. NOW I know who you are. Thought the style sounded familiar. LTNS Becki. :smiliehug:

LONG long time.

Thanks, Mr. Pogo. I do wish I were lying about my age, but I'm gonna live to be 120, so it doesn't matter. :grin:

You have a very good memory, Pogo. Yep. I'm an ornithologist wannabe and a Lepidopterrorist. :lmao:

Good --- You can scold me for tossing extra seed to the massive wild turkey flock that now visits our place. It's getting awful busy feeding about 15 new ones to add to the 20 or so that visit.

They consider me one of the flock now. I went out with a spreader full of grass seed and they just followed me around. They DO however, add enough bionics to the soil where I can skip one round of fertilizer a year now tho.. :badgrin:
Y'all have turkeys that just follow you around when you use grass seed? (Checking checkbook to see if there's room for a bag of quality grass seeds) I hope you got some pictures of them and will put them on the Ornithology Website (I'll go see if I can find where it is now) Here it is: Wild Side Ornithology Club

Where is Marion with that pulsating thingy?
Is he on the ban wagon again?
We're quite worried about him. One rumor is that he went to NC to help the flood victims. Hope it's nothing more serious than that.

LONG long time.

Y'all have turkeys that just follow you around when you use grass seed? (Checking checkbook to see if there's room for a bag of quality grass seeds) I hope you got some pictures of them and will put them on the Ornithology Website (I'll go see if I can find where it is now) Here it is: Wild Side Ornithology Club

They are my clean up crew for under my very busy bird feeders. So what I toss them is bird seed from the Wild Bird center. As for the grass seed --- because of them, I only buy the "non-coated" seed now. They do have an imprint behavior on me now, because multiple generations have been visiting my yard down to the patio for about 6 or 8 years now. And even the males will come within 4 or 5 feet while I'm sitting out there. I can recognize many of them. Especially the oldest males that I've named Drumstick, Giblets, and Stuffin...

Got a lot of pix. Will post a couple..

Welcome Back !!!!

Thanks, Flacaltenn. After 3-4 years, I have no idea what my old email account was, I have a vague recollection their website was compromised and they sent me an update to my old addy which also changed my password, and I lost the back of the envelope I wrote it on. So it's like the old song, "Long distance information, get in touch with my Marie, ….blahblahblah….'cause my uncle took a message and he wrote it on the wall...". Except I used a frickin' piece of a used envelope that was likely thrown away before I reused either website.

Yabbut remember --- Marie is only six years old. :D

Where is Marion with that pulsating thingy?
Is he on the ban wagon again?
We're quite worried about him. One rumor is that he went to NC to help the flood victims. Hope it's nothing more serious than that.

I last have contact with Marion September 14 and I have sent two messages to Marion one on Friday before the Monday we had before today Monday and one on Tuesday that we had before tomorrow and no response two times, on September 14 when we communicated he did not mention that he was going to be absent for several weeks, so I hope he is okay but I have been concerned about him since September 16.

Hi, everybody! I'm back as beautress, and hopefully this time, I will remember my password *giggle*

I'd tattoo my password, but the Bible sez don't do it, and anyways, soon, I'd be blue all over and in more pain than fibromyalgia. Hope everybody is well, that God has blessed and kept you healthy, wealthy and wise, if you can handle all that. :)
Nice avatar at least !!

They are my clean up crew for under my very busy bird feeders. So what I toss them is bird seed from the Wild Bird center. As for the grass seed --- because of them, I only buy the "non-coated" seed now. They do have an imprint behavior on me now, because multiple generations have been visiting my yard down to the patio for about 6 or 8 years now. And even the males will come within 4 or 5 feet while I'm sitting out there. I can recognize many of them. Especially the oldest males that I've named Drumstick, Giblets, and Stuffin...

Got a lot of pix. Will post a couple..
Wow. Some people have animal magnetism. My mother and daughter had it. Skipped my generation. *sigh* When my daughter was just 9 years old, we moved to Oregon, had a big place in the country. I saw her sitting a distance away from the house in the field, and a baby rabbit went hop, hop, hopping up to her and jumped in her lap. She was just sitting there. That animal knew it could approach her with zero fear of harm. You people with animal magnetism are just magic, that's all. If I get out of the way, that's when the birds are willing to go to the feeder. I watch them from behind the curtains and blinds. I have no magic, head to toe.

LONG long time.

:lol::lol:

We do the same thing and we've got about 10 now that feed here off and on...

But we got ourselves in even deeper....

We now feed about 15 to 25 deer that stop by every day now, to get some deer corn and sunflower seed and apples.... the apples come from our wild apple trees in the yard so it brings a lot of deer this time of year because they are ripe, and falling, or Matt knocks them down with a long aluminum gutter that we had left over when we added new gutters.

Before the apples were ripe, we were feeding almost 10 deer, a couple of mothers with 1 fawn each and one doe that has 2 fawns and a couple of does or a couple of years old that always travel together and a couple of stragglers...loners that we can identify by the color their faces are....

the last time we were at our favorite beach, we harvested a whole bunch of apples from the wild apple tree we sit under for shade, when we go there....

someone just gave Matthew a whole bunch of pears from her pear tree..... not perfect shaped, that's for certain, but they taste delicious and I kept some for myself but fed the rest to the deer and they love pears! Who would have thunk it?

I have to be real careful with the food... judge the amount just right to make certain they eat everything before the night is over because if not, then the Black bear come....! :eek:

Welcome back FreedomBecki! Sorry to hear about your hubby passing! :(
Hi, Care4all. Thanks for the welcome back and condolences. I am so lucky to have been married to him. In addition to being one of the best mathematicians to carry a PE behind his name, he was also a classy comedian each and every minute of the day for 44 years. So instead of crying, every time I think of something he said or did, it's still funny and my small conundrum is whether to cry or laugh... I choose to laugh. He would like to be remembered that way and not the other. :huddle:

Hi, Care4all. Thanks for the welcome back and condolences. I am so lucky to have been married to him. In addition to being one of the best mathematicians to carry a PE behind his name, he was also a classy comedian each and every minute of the day for 44 years. So instead of crying, every time I think of something he said or did, it's still funny and my small conundrum is whether to cry or laugh... I choose to laugh. He would like to be remembered that way and not the other. :huddle:
Thank you! I'll have to remember that, if I lose my hubby, before he loses me! Smile when he's thought of, don't cry!

hugs back at ya! :huddle:

I'm glad that you choose to laugh, I would hope that my wife and family would remember me that way, that and the fact that my chosen purpose in life was their happiness.

I'm glad that you choose to laugh, I would hope that my wife and family would remember me that way, that and the fact that my chosen purpose in life was their happiness.
Something tells me your loved ones will remember you with loving hearts. :angel: (whatever happened to that cute little haloed angel in the USMB smilies?)

Forum List

Back