Beatle Bashes Bush at White House

You know what the awesome thing about being a celebrity is? You automatically forfeit your right to state an opinion about anything in public.

That is, unless you are a conservative celebrity like Limbaugh or Ted Nugent.

You show respect to your host. It is basic human decency.

We, the people, paid for his dinner at our house. It is rude to complain about the host or make fun of anything regarding the host.

Basic human decency.

How would he react if Bush went to Parliament and complained about the Queens feet smelling?

Basic human decency.

People are free to be indecent if they choose. As this message board is living proof of.

Sir Paul is a fool. If he knew even a little bit about what he's talking about he'd know that GWB and his administration was one of the strongest administrations when it came to literacy programs. Add to that the fact that GWB is married to a LIBRARIAN and Sir Paul really looks the fool.

Rick

You know what the awesome thing about being a celebrity is? You automatically forfeit your right to state an opinion about anything in public.

We, the people, paid for his dinner at our house. It is rude to complain about the host or make fun of anything regarding the host.

Basic human decency.

How would he react if Bush went to Parliament and complained about the Queens feet smelling?

Basic human decency.

Bush wasn't the host. Is that the rub here?

Nope. He's absolutely right. If you "conservative" retards want to live in the "Murika caint do no wrong" vacuum, go for it. The last administration was a dangerous disaster and most of the world and many Americans agree. Period.

Basic human decency.

Basic human decency.

We, the people were the host.

Bush is one of "we, the people".

Basic human decency.

Basic human decency.

People are free to be indecent if they choose. As this message board is living proof of.

You don't see a difference between people posting on a message board and a celebrity IN THE WHITE HOUSE saying something about a former President like what was said? It was not only stupid, it was in poor taste.

Rick

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFeARSB4-I]YouTube - John Lennon - How do you sleep[/ame]

Get a grip, people.

It was in poor taste but certainly not worthy of such outrage.

I bet even Dubya himself will chuckle when he sees the youtube.

Basic human decency.

Basic human decency.

You don't see a difference between people posting on a message board and a celebrity IN THE WHITE HOUSE saying something about a former President like what was said? It was not only stupid, it was in poor taste.

Rick

I think you're missing the point. It may have been both stupid and in poor taste, but that's the way free speech works - it means people can say stupid and tasteless things.

It was not only stupid, it was in poor taste.

Like when shrub's administration / you corporatists called us war protesters (ahem, American citizens) "terrorist enablers", "surrender monkeys" and "traitors"? Oops. Turns out we were right. Sorry, that whole clan deserves no respect.

It was not only stupid, it was in poor taste.

Like when shrub's administration / you corporatists called us war protesters (ahem, American citizens) "terrorist enablers", "surrender monkeys" and "traitors"? Oops. Turns out we were right. Sorry, that whole clan deserves no respect.

Please show me ONE SINGLE post of mine where I EVER called an American citizen a terrorist enabler. I'll be waiting for that.

I'm not defending Bush, I'm saying it was in very poor taste to say something like that about a past President IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

I'm also saying that Paul has no clue what he's talking about if he really thinks what he said is true. See my prior post in this thread for the reasoning.

Rick

Rick

I think you're missing the point. It may have been both stupid and in poor taste, but that's the way free speech works - it means people can say stupid and tasteless things.

Did I say anywhere that he doesn't have the RIGHT to say it? That doesn't change the fact that it only shows what a fool he actually is.

Rick

Basic human decency.

Basic human decency.

Oh my God, that's a stretch.

So no foreigner can ever criticize any American at any American event?

That's just silly.

Also silly:

Conservatives get all pissed off when entertainers dare opine on politics while attending "freedom concerts" etc.

I am not saying that is you, just pointing out the duplicity.

The issue isn't that McCarthy said something. It's what he said. If he blasted Obama, then the people bitching on this thread would be doing cheetah flips.

Rick

Did I say anywhere that he doesn't have the RIGHT to say it? That doesn't change the fact that it only shows what a fool he actually is.

Rick

Tell that to all the people in this thread talking about Banning him from the White House.

Oh my God, that's a stretch.

So no foreigner can ever criticize any American at any American event?

That's just silly.

Also silly:

Conservatives get all pissed off when entertainers dare opine on politics while attending "freedom concerts" etc.

I am not saying that is you, just pointing out the duplicity.

The issue isn't that McCarthy said something. It's what he said. If he blasted Obama, then the people bitching on this thread would be doing cheetah flips.

I give up.
You consider an invitation to the white house the same as an invitation to a street fair?
Liberals have absolutely no sense of pride in America. You make me sick.

Forum List

Back