Beatle Bashes Bush at White House

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFeARSB4-I]YouTube - John Lennon - How do you sleep[/ame]

Get a grip, people.

It was in poor taste but certainly not worthy of such outrage.

I bet even Dubya himself will chuckle when he sees the youtube.

Perhaps. He's certainly never been as thin skinned as the current POTUS. He had a sense of humor.

Get a grip, people.

Perhaps. He's certainly never been as thin skinned as the current POTUS. He had a sense of humor.

Yeah, like when he was joking about looking for WMDs under the podium while Americans were being killed in Iraq during his fucked up little war.

Oh, Bush. That kidder.

Get a grip, people.

Yeah, like when he was joking about looking for WMDs under the podium while Americans were being killed in Iraq during his fucked up little war.

Oh, Bush. That kidder.

At least he had the decency to poke fun at HIMSELF rather than others unlike Obama.

Now its a feigned tempest in a teapot.

LOL!!!!

The Republicans are really TOAST!!

ROTFLMBAO!!!

teapot-tempest.jpg

Funny is funny dude.

Get a sense of humor.

Knowing conservative goof the way I do (at least the quirkiest of them) this will snowball into a hatred of Wings (first) and then the Beatles.

Pretty soon they will be setting Beatles albums on fire and driving over them with tractors.

Kind of like they did with the Dixie Chicks. I mean, that Natalie Maines was just so wrong and un-American for daring to criticize George W. Bush.

She was so wrong too. Iraq turned out to be sooooo justified.

/sarcasm

Maybe more liberal entertainers should speak up more often, they seem to get the issues better than the conservatives.

Funny is funny dude.

Get a sense of humor.

Knowing conservative goof the way I do (at least the quirkiest of them) this will snowball into a hatred of Wings (first) and then the Beatles.

Pretty soon they will be setting Beatles albums on fire and driving over them with tractors.

Kind of like they did with the Dixie Chicks. I mean, that Natalie Maines was just so wrong and un-American for daring to criticize George W. Bush.

/sarcasm

Maybe more liberal entertainers should speak up more often, they seem to get the issues better than the conservatives.

I already hate Wings. and right now I think Lennon's "How do you sleep" is the greatest song ever written.

Funny is funny dude.

Get a sense of humor.

/sarcasm

I already hate Wings. and right now I think Lennon's "How do you sleep" is the greatest song ever written.

Personally, my favorite Lennon song is "Whatever Get's You Through The Night" from "Walls and Bridges". The version that is more strings and less horns. I think the sax in the studio version detracts from the song.

That being said, Lennon cut this in the middle of their feud, and I was under the impression that he and McCarthy had reconciled somewhat before he was assassinated.

Furthermore, do you think John Lennon would be any kinder to the Bush administration if he hadn't been killed? He was the most politically active member of the band and most of his solo stuff is about social justice. I doubt he'd have many nice things to say about Bush either.

/sarcasm

Personally, my favorite Lennon song is "Whatever Get's You Through The Night" from "Walls and Bridges". The version that is more strings and less horns. I think the sax in the studio version detracts from the song.

That being said, Lennon cut this in the middle of their feud, and I was under the impression that he and McCarthy had reconciled somewhat before he was assassinated.

Furthermore, do you think John Lennon would be any kinder to the Bush administration if he hadn't been killed? He was the most politically active member of the band and most of his solo stuff is about social justice. I doubt he'd have many nice things to say about Bush either.

they did reconcile, but it seems appropriate right now. and Lennon would have nothing good to say about Bush OR Obama.
I think he wrote Whatever gets you thru the night with Elton John.

they did reconcile, but it seems appropriate right now. and Lennon would have nothing good to say about Bush OR Obama.
I think he wrote Whatever gets you thru the night with Elton John.

I thought it was Bernie Taupin.

Rep to whoever is correct?

*edit*

You were right.

Last edited:
Funny is funny dude.

Get a sense of humor.

/sarcasm

Its so sad Lennon is gone. I would have loved to have heard what he would have said about Bush. I wonder after he lambasted Bush would you say Lennon 's "how do you sleep" was the greatest ever.

That's the 100% answer, but I think it's safe to say that someone like Elton John playing for you equals some collaborative effort.

So I repped Elvis.

He was right.

I would say so. Elton actually had more faith in the song than John did. He bet John if it made it to #1, he'd have to go on stage with him. And he did at MSG, his last concert appearance, '74 I believe.

/sarcasm

Its so sad Lennon is gone. I would have loved to have heard what he would have said about Bush. I wonder after he lambasted Bush would you say Lennon 's "how do you sleep" was the greatest ever.
I hate Bush. I love John Lennon. He's my favorite singer.... ever.

but he wouldn't have said something so stupid as "He doesn't know what a library is."

And how the members in the audience cheered this comment.They showed a lot of class. This does not
surprise me with these people.

same damn assholes stood and cheered in wright's church while he was spewing hate for America.

Forum List

Back