BCS title game shoud be LSU-OKLAHOMA STATE

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
that would be a good game - 2 contrasting styles.

Oklahoma St deserves to be in the title game after their rout of Oklahoma.

apparently not enough voters agreed with you.

I guess they see losing to an unranked Iowa State as a bigger loss than losing to the #1 team in OT.

And about it being a good game because of contrasting styles? Ask Oregon, West VA or the other offensive powerhouse teams about how well that contrast worked for them.

LSU didnt get a freaking first down until the 3rd quarter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IfGeorgia recievers hadnt dropped a couple of TD passes they would have been in a huge hole.

Where lucky to bein the game at halftime.

that would be a good game - 2 contrasting styles.

Oklahoma St deserves to be in the title game after their rout of Oklahoma.

They lost to Iowa St. Iowa St. finished 6-6 and is not in the Top 25. Iowa St held OSU's supposedly awesome offense - who turned the ball over 5 times - to only 17 points in regulation. LSU's defense would tear that pathetic offense a new one.

Wouldn't even be close. The "contrasting style" would begin to show at some point in the 3rd quarter when LSU takes a 7 pt lead and proceeds to run it up to a 34 point lead before the game ends.

LSU and Bama are far more evenly matched. I think OT is a stupid way to settle a game anyway. This gives LSU the chance to finish what they started beat the gumps in regulation. They are evenly matched on offense and defense, what will make the difference is Bama's dismal special teams performance - esp. in the area of field goal accuracy - and LSU's excellent special teams performance,

Last edited:
LSU didnt get a freaking first down until the 3rd quarter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out you don't get any points for 1st downs. You do, however, for touchdowns. LSU doesn't really need an offense. Their defense and special teams sets the offense up with easy scores (or scores it outright themselves). And by the 3rd qtr - our offensive line has worn the crap out of the opponents defensive line - and they break, allowing our running game to pound the victory home.

IfGeorgia recievers hadnt dropped a couple of TD passes they would have been in a huge hole.

Right - if Georgia were a better team - they would have won - you're right.

Where lucky to bein the game at halftime.

The score at half time doesn't count.

Last edited:
If you look back, lots of teams were doing well against LSU in the first half. But by the end of the game they were thoroughly thrashed. One of the biggest advantages LSU has is their depth, especially on defense. That is also one of the advantages Alabama has had throughout the season. By the 4th quarter the other team has been beaten up and run over so hard they cannot play worth a damn.

BCS is a joke. You should go check out the Harris and Coaches poll and see where some people put some teams. Its just absolutely absurd. Playoff Now!!

The really funny thing is that Mike Slive (SEC Commissioner) suggested a Plus 1 playoff for the championship back in 2008. The ACC people were willing to listen, but not one other conference would even entertain a discussion about it.

That would have put Ok State and Bama in a game to play the winner of LSU and probably Stanford.

Maybe if someone had listened back then......

The really funny thing is that Mike Slive (SEC Commissioner) suggested a Plus 1 playoff for the championship back in 2008. The ACC people were willing to listen, but not one other conference would even entertain a discussion about it.

That would have put Ok State and Bama in a game to play the winner of LSU and probably Stanford.

Isn't another form of a +1 system simply to have the bowls select as they used to - and pick #1 and #2 after the bowl round? Some years a de-facto 4 team playoff might occur - some years not - but I think given the extra round of games - it should be easier to pick #1 and #2 than it is now.

I would favor that system. I might favor a straight up 4 team playoff. Anything more than that is unnecessary and will destroy the worth of the regular season. The idea should be to simply insure that the "real" #1 team is somewhere in the 4 team field - not to ensure that the "real" #4 team has a shot.

Last edited:

Isn't another form of a +1 system simply to have the bowls select as they used to - and pick #1 and #2 after the bowl round? Some years a de-facto 4 team playoff might occur - some years not - but I think given the extra round of games - it should be easier to pick #1 and #2 than it is now.

I would favor that system. I might favor a straight up 4 team playoff. Anything more than that is unnecessary and will destroy the worth of the regular season. The idea should be to simply insure that the "real" #1 team is somewhere in the 4 team field - not to ensure that the "real" #4 team has a shot.

Obviously the regular season isn't all that anyway, considering Bama gets another crack at LSU.

Div 1 college football is the only sport without a playoff. Its long overdue to remedy that. Make it a 16 team playoff and actually determine who the #1 team in the nation is.

SEC always gets favoritism.

Been that way forever.

For instance - USC had to share the NC with Bama in 1978 - even though they decisively beat them at Bama.

Obviously the regular season isn't all that anyway, considering Bama gets another crack at LSU.

A real college football fan wouldn't ever say that. You wants playoffs watch the NCAA basketball tournament. NCAA basketball regular season is almost meaningless.

Div 1 college football is the only sport without a playoff.
And it has survived quite well without one.

Its long overdue to remedy that. Make it a 16 team playoff and actually determine who the #1 team in the nation is.

That's absurd. People like you are going to ruin the sport. A 16 team playoff would only increase the chance that the #1 team doesn't win the championship. The BCS ratings system - I admit - is not accurate enough to ensure that the real #1 is in the top 2 - but top 16? Come on man, do you REALLY think 10-3 Georgia might be the real #1 team - or 9-3 Baylor? Gimme a break!!!
A playoff should be no bigger than is needed to ensure the true #1 team is in it - and I think 4 is enough for that. We already know that teams like Georgia and Baylor aren't the best team in college football - there's no need to put them in a playoff.

That's the trouble with you playoff junkies who don't appreciate a regular season - you think we should have playoffs as a means to give teams that have lost too many games to be considered #1 by any rational person a way to get up to #1 - while the rest of us are only interested in a system that delivers #1.

SEC always gets favoritism.

Been that way forever.

For instance - USC had to share the NC with Bama in 1978 - even though they decisively beat them at Bama.

Bama lost to USC 24-14, but USC had lost to AZ State early in the year. So both teams had one loss.

At the end of the regular season Penn State was #1 and Bama was #2. Bama beat Penn State in the Sugar Bowl.

You can call that favortism if you want. To me it is what you get with a voter based system.

But the same kind of thing has happened to Alabama. Michigan State and Notre Dame shared the championship in 1966 because they were both 10-0-1. Alabama had won the championship the year before, started the season at #1, and finished 11-0, but was not given any part of the championship?

Last edited:

A real college football fan wouldn't ever say that. You wants playoffs watch the NCAA basketball tournament. NCAA basketball regular season is almost meaningless.

Div 1 college football is the only sport without a playoff.

Its long overdue to remedy that. Make it a 16 team playoff and actually determine who the #1 team in the nation is.

That's absurd. People like you are going to ruin the sport. A 16 team playoff would only increase the chance that the #1 team doesn't win the championship. The BCS ratings system - I admit - is not accurate enough to ensure that the real #1 is in the top 2 - but top 16? Come on man, do you REALLY think 10-3 Georgia might be the real #1 team - or 9-3 Baylor? Gimme a break!!!
A playoff should be no bigger than is needed to ensure the true #1 team is in it - and I think 4 is enough for that. We already know that teams like Georgia and Baylor aren't the best team in college football - there's no need to put them in a playoff.

That's the trouble with you playoff junkies who don't appreciate a regular season - you think we should have playoffs as a means to give teams that have lost too many games to be considered #1 by any rational person a way to get up to #1 - while the rest of us are only interested in a system that delivers #1.

So every other sport has it wrong and Div 1 college football has it right??

As for ruining the regular season, I am a fan of a team that will pack 95k+ screaming fans in the stadium to watch the spring practice game. I am a fan of my team regardless of who they play and where they are ranked. maybe if more fans saw it the way I do we would have a better sport anyway.

Has what wrong and right? Who cares about what other sports do, how is that even a factor?

As for ruining the regular season, I am a fan of a team that will pack 95k+ screaming fans in the stadium to watch the spring practice game. I am a fan of my team regardless of who they play and where they are ranked. maybe if more fans saw it the way I do we would have a better sport anyway.

You won't have 95k+ screaming fans once the regular season is scrapped. How many people do you know who only follow NCAA basketball seriously during the playoffs? I know plenty.

And as for it surviving quite well without one, I think you could ask the Ok State fans if this is best, or the fans of the 2008 Auburn team that went undefeated and got nothing for it.

Has what wrong and right? Who cares about what other sports do, how is that even a factor?

You won't have 95k+ screaming fans once the regular season is scrapped. How many people do you know who only follow NCAA basketball seriously during the playoffs? I know plenty.

We have 95k+ fans for a PRACTICE GAME. There is no opponent except the other half of our team. In otherwords, we pack the stadium to see our team play our team.

And as for it surviving quite well without one, I think you could ask the Ok State fans if this is best, or the fans of the 2008 Auburn team that went undefeated and got nothing for it.

OSU LOST TO IOWA STATE FOR CHRISSAKES!

It was the 2004 Auburn team that went undefeated. They didn't play a single ranked out of conference opponent. U of Louisiana-Monroe, the Citadel, and Louisiana Tech were their out of conference opponents.

You play shit out of conference teams don't expect going undefeated will get you there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back