BCS title game shoud be LSU-OKLAHOMA STATE

So every other sport has it wrong and Div 1 college football has it right??

Has what wrong and right? Who cares about what other sports do, how is that even a factor?

As for ruining the regular season, I am a fan of a team that will pack 95k+ screaming fans in the stadium to watch the spring practice game. I am a fan of my team regardless of who they play and where they are ranked. maybe if more fans saw it the way I do we would have a better sport anyway.

You won't have 95k+ screaming fans once the regular season is scrapped. How many people do you know who only follow NCAA basketball seriously during the playoffs? I know plenty.

We have 95k+ fans for a PRACTICE GAME. There is no opponent except the other half of our team. In otherwords, we pack the stadium to see our team play our team.

You won't pack 95k+ in the regular season if you dismantle its meaning.

Has what wrong and right? Who cares about what other sports do, how is that even a factor?

You won't have 95k+ screaming fans once the regular season is scrapped. How many people do you know who only follow NCAA basketball seriously during the playoffs? I know plenty.

We have 95k+ fans for a PRACTICE GAME. There is no opponent except the other half of our team. In otherwords, we pack the stadium to see our team play our team.

Sure we will. If we pack the stadium for practice games, we'll pack it for any game.

Last year when we played Georgia Southern (their first year to play football at all) we had lost two games already and Auburn was a juggernaut. Our hopes for a BCS bowl were gone. The team we were playing was a cupcake. But it was a sold-out game.

Sure we will. If we pack the stadium for practice games, we'll pack it for any game.

Last year when we played Georgia Southern (their first year to play football at all) we had lost two games already and Auburn was a juggernaut. Our hopes for a BCS bowl were gone. The team we were playing was a cupcake. But it was a sold-out game.

After Miles crushes Bamma in the Dome and Saban leaves you gumps for greener pastures - what then?

After Miles crushes Bamma in the Dome and Saban leaves you gumps for greener pastures - what then?

Whether Miles crushes Bama or Saban crushed LSU remains to be seen.

But Saban did leave LSU for greener pastures. He is now in college football paradise. There is no place better, so why would he leave? He tried the pros and that didn't work. When he leaves Tuscaloosa it will be to retire.

Got a lot of satisfaction when ND and Ara P beat Bama and Bear Bryant in back-to-back major bowl games - 74 Sugar Bowl and 75 Orange Bowl.

Got a lot of satisfaction when ND and Ara P beat Bama and Bear Bryant in back-to-back major bowl games - 74 Sugar Bowl and 75 Orange Bowl.

Funny, I got a lot of satisfaction when Bear won back to back national championships in 78 & 79.

Funny, I got a lot of satisfaction when Bear won back to back national championships in 78 & 79.

USC was better than bama BOTH YEARS - 1978 and 1979.

The 79 team had an iexplicable 21-21 tie with Stanford.

Other than that - could have played in the NFL.

Charles White, Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, etc..

Yeah, so you say. In '78 the voters in the AP thought differently.

In 1979, both the AP and the UPI polls list Alabama at #1 and USC at #2.

Your USC boys lost to AZ State in '78. AZ State is unranked according to AP and #19 according to UPI. Doesn't sound like a top team to me.

And there is nothing inexplicable about the tie with Stanford. USC couldn't come up with a win against an unranked opponent.

So I guess that whole "USC was better than Bama BOTH years" will be our little secret?

Yeah, so you say. In '78 the voters in the AP thought differently.

In 1979, both the AP and the UPI polls list Alabama at #1 and USC at #2.

Your USC boys lost to AZ State in '78. AZ State is unranked according to AP and #19 according to UPI. Doesn't sound like a top team to me.

And there is nothing inexplicable about the tie with Stanford. USC couldn't come up with a win against an unranked opponent.

So I guess that whole "USC was better than Bama BOTH years" will be our little secret?

Far as I am concerned - Notre Dame beat USC in 1978 -which may make your arument more valid.

On USCs last drive -they said Paul McDonalds arm was going forward - not a fumble.

Beg to differ.

Whether Miles crushes Bama or Saban crushed LSU remains to be seen.

But Saban did leave LSU for greener pastures. He is now in college football paradise. There is no place better, so why would he leave? He tried the pros and that didn't work. When he leaves Tuscaloosa it will be to retire.

Right, right, college football paradise:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD1Gxrl4tLs]Drunk Bama Fan Kissing Coach Saban - YouTube[/ame]

You know his wife wears purple and gold and sits with all her old LSU friends when they play in Tiger Stadium.

The '78 championship was split, Gump. USC won the UPI AND beat Alabama.

I'm sure some Bama fan will claim this season as a championship season no matter what happens on Jan 9.

Your USC boys lost to AZ State in '78. [/B] AZ State is unranked according to AP and #19 according to UPI. Doesn't sound like a top team to me.

What our Gump friend is leaving out is that Bama had one loss that year, too. To USC 24-14 in Birmingham.

LOL!

They were clearly better in 1978, when they BEAT Alabama.

Last edited:
Bama officialy takes credit for a NC in1973.

On their reistr.

Despite the fact that UPI voted before the bowl games back in those days.

They didnt care about the bowl games.

So Bama is no 1 in the UPI - despite the fact they lost to ND in theSugar Bowl.

And they count it as a NC.

Notre Dame had more legit claims to NCs in 1964, 1989 and ESP 1993 when they got screwd

Not impressed by a team that can't get a firstdown until the 3rd quarter.

Best team I ever saw was the 1972 USC Trojans.

Bama officialy takes credit for a NC in1973.

On their reistr.

Despite the fact that UPI voted before the bowl games back in those days.

They didnt care about the bowl games.

So Bama is no 1 in the UPI - despite the fact they lost to ND in theSugar Bowl.

And they count it as a NC.

Notre Dame had more legit claims to NCs in 1964, 1989 and ESP 1993 when they got screwd

AP used to vote before bowls, too.

Not impressed by a team that can't get a firstdown until the 3rd quarter.

If you're not impressed by a team that can score 42 unanswered points in response to a 10 point deficit - then what will impress you? Do you watch the games to see who gets more 1st downs or who scores more points?

Hey UGA had more yards, too. Maybe we should have declared them the winner. TD's scored on short fields after fumble recoveries should no longer count I suppose. Or pic 6's maybe should only count for 2 points. What say you?

Heck lets just abandon this whole silly POINT system and go by 1st downs.

A team that is able to score 7 points without getting a 1st down should tell you something about the team - that maybe, just maybe, they're more interested in TOUCHDOWNS than 1st DOWNS.

LSU's total number of points scored in season = 500
LSU's total number of 1st downs = 264
LSU's points per first down = 1.89

Opponents' total number of points scored in season = 137
Opponents' total number of 1st downs = 191
Opponents' points per first down = 0.71

LSU's total offensive yardage = 4879
LSU's points per yard = 0.102

Opponents' total offensive yardage = 3277
Opponents' points per yard = 0.042

What does that tell you about the usefulness of stats like 1st downs and yardage? It takes on average 68 yards of offense for LSU to score 7 points, but 167 for their opponents to score 7. What does that tell you about how important FIELD POSITION is?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back