Badges

Vote for the badges YOU want and most like and thjink are best:

• Total voters
Yah, I see that. I'm just not a fan of them. They are too plain, IMHO.

I would agree, just that at only about 25 pixels on a side, details become a blur and plainness equates to better clarity. There can be a happy middle-ground once final decisions are made and serious work spent on each can be justified. Like I said, the alternate symbols can be made to look like badges to make them look better and give uniformity.

The Administration is adding achievement badges for things earned such as time here, money donated, etc. I've done some experimenting with the badges and would be curious to see what people here think.

Badges will be given out for such things as when you've been a member here for 5 years, 7 years, 10 years (OG), and donated over $200 (Top Donor).

One poll, but in it, you can choose between three badge options, one for the current standard badges being offered, one for the modified badges to make them clearer, and one for the alternate modified badges. Remember, you are choosing here which badges are most attractive and easy to identify for you what they signify.

Here are some of the CURRENT STANDARD BADGES.

5-Year, 7-Year, OG, and Top Donor:
View attachment 829325

Here are the proposed modified badges:
View attachment 829329

Here are the alternate modified badges:
View attachment 829331

As a bonus, the alternate badges could also have the option of having three donor levels, one for $200, one for say, $1000, and one for single-most TOP donor.

EG: View attachment 829338

elchorizo

I picked option 5, I'm not interested in badges. Are they like those Trump cards?

7z6sl2.jpg

The Administration is adding achievement badges for things earned such as time here, money donated, etc. I've done some experimenting with the badges and would be curious to see what people here think.

Badges will be given out for such things as when you've been a member here for 5 years, 7 years, 10 years (OG), and donated over $200 (Top Donor).

One poll, but in it, you can choose between three badge options, one for the current standard badges being offered, one for the modified badges to make them clearer, and one for the alternate modified badges. Remember, you are choosing here which badges are most attractive and easy to identify for you what they signify.

View attachment 829325

View attachment 829329

View attachment 829331

As a bonus, the alternate badges could also have the option of having three donor levels, one for $200, one for say, $1000, and one for single-most TOP donor.

elchorizo

I don't understand the question.

No Hablo Engles.

When I first noticed the OG badge under my name I thought that was the ONLY badge available. I was in a hurry to leave so didn't read all the rest about more badges. I "thought" we were stuck with the badge I saw and that it wasn't going to be a "growing" thing. I liked the look since it was already in place BUT in truth, I would like to have NO badge now and in the future if possible. They set up a potential competition and I am not interested in that. Also, should someone wish to see how long another member has been here, all they have to do is look under their user, so the OG badge is just wasted space in my opinion.

No badges would be my preference. Thank you.

The OG badge and any other badge based off automatic criteria can't be removed. They'll get re-added when the cron job runs daily.

View attachment 829325

View attachment 829329

View attachment 829331

elchorizo

I have no problem with badges. Just as long as this site doesn't become like Reddit. When they downvote just about everything you post.
For those who hasn't been on Reddit, people have the option to upvote or downvote a post. The more downvote one poster receives, you can't comment for 10 minutes on the same post. Which mean, if you get 10 downvotes, you pretty much have to wait 10 minutes each time to make a comment, and by then, the posts is ancient news.

Personally, those upvotes/downvotes are stupid.

Forum List

Back