Badges

Vote for the badges YOU want and most like and thjink are best:

• Total voters

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
The Administration is adding achievement badges for things earned such as time here, money donated, etc. I've done some experimenting with the badges and would be curious to see what people here think.

Badges will be given out for such things as when you've been a member here for 5 years, 7 years, 10 years (OG), and donated over $200 (Top Donor).

One poll, but in it, you can choose between three badge options, one for the current standard badges being offered, one for the modified badges to make them clearer, and one for the alternate modified badges. Remember, you are choosing here which badges are most attractive and easy to identify for you what they signify.

Here are some of the CURRENT STANDARD BADGES.

5-Year, 7-Year, OG, and Top Donor:
standard badges.jpg

Here are the proposed modified badges:
Modified Badges.jpg

Here are the alternate modified badges:
Alternate Badges.jpg

As a bonus, the alternate badges could also have the option of having three donor levels, one for $200, one for say, $1000, and one for single-most TOP donor.

EG:
Alternate Top Donor Badges.jpg

elchorizo

We don't need no stinkin' baaaahdges.

j/k

They are kinda cute.

I would like to see a Methusala badge for those of us who have been here since before Obama took office.

And I do believe that over the years I have donated more than $200 across the various incarnations. Just sayin'.

I don't care for the alternates nor the dollar sizing thing - it's a bit too penis-y.

Here are the alternate modified badges:
Alternate Badges.jpg

^^^ that's my vote ^^^, tooberdude.

Why no place for a write in vote? I'm thinking instead of badges, we get big old Texas styled belt buckles, with our name engraved on them and may be even some long horns. Or just a stylish hat.

Why no place for a write in vote? I'm thinking instead of badges, we get big old Texas styled belt buckles, with our name engraved on them and may be even some long horns. Or just a stylish hat.

Because there are only a limited number of choices. All these choices equate into much time and work spent by others.

Those don't look right. This is what they look like on my screen.

Well, that is because I'm working in the dark on my end trying to arbitrarily size and resize things visually by various methods while you are working within the xenforo software. Note that even your post of what you see on your screen does not match that actually generated in your actual badge within the software!

Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 4.28.38 PM.png

For some reason, what you see is about 50% bigger than that posted to your avatar, so, if we decide on a set of badges different from the set you started with and you want me to create them, I'll need some specific details like file type, file size, etc., that meets a best fit to your needs that you can use to DISPLAY your badges on the badge page that the software will translate in the postbit to the size shown on a members avatar.

If we go with those alternate choices, I can standardize their sizes and modify them to have a similar badge-type symbol around each so they all LOOK like similar badges, with each having an identifiable different symbol at center. But for now with no specifics given to go by, I'm working in the dark just winging it to make approximations for others to go by.

Toob, you're worrying on this badge thing far too much...

Hey, it is just something to do. I miss my old job of forensic image analysis. Funny thing is that I'm not even personally interested in badges for myself but I enjoy image processing and manipulation, plus, if it contributes to the group in some small way, I'll feel useful.

Well, that is because I'm working in the dark on my end trying to arbitrarily size and resize things visually by various methods while you are working within the xenforo software. Note that even your post of what you see on your screen does not match that actually generated in your actual badge within the software!

View attachment 829357

For some reason, what you see is about 50% bigger than that posted to your avatar, so, if we decide on a set of badges different from the set you started with and you want me to create them, I'll need some specific details like file type, file size, etc., that meets a best fit to your needs that you can use to DISPLAY your badges on the badge page that the software will translate in the postbit to the size shown on a members avatar.

If we go with those alternate choices, I can standardize their sizes and modify them to have a similar badge-type symbol around each so they all LOOK like similar badges, with each having an identifiable different symbol at center. But for now with no specifics given to go by, I'm working in the dark just winging it to make approximations for others to go by.

Yah, I see that. I'm just not a fan of them. They are too plain, IMHO.

Hey, it is just something to do. I miss my old job of forensic image analysis. Funny thing is that I'm not even personally interested in badges for myself but I enjoy image processing and manipulation, plus, if it contributes to the group in some small way, I'll feel useful.

Fair enough...

Sally forth...

1694724432927.png

Because of the small icon size, detail is lost and text is basically useless. So more iconic versions over attempting to scrunch fine detail down.

So I think the Alternates are the best general choice.

1694724515814.png

The difference in the 3 donor badges seem inconsistent mostly between 1 and 2.

My recommendation would be to go with the style of the $$$:
  • $ = Tier 1
  • $$ = Tier 2
  • $$$ = Tier 3

JMHO of course.

WW

Forum List

Back