📛 We will be adding badges/icons that users can pick to show up under their username. Help us!

elchorizo

Platinum Member
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2009
We are going to be adding some icons that people can add to their profile and that show up under their usernames. We are interested in hearing from the users what different icons they would want and the label to go with them.

As an example we could have an icon that says Far Left or Far Right, Liberal, Democrat, Republican, etc.. in addition, you'll need to pick with emoji you want to go with the label. You can find a list of the icons that are available here: 📙 Emojipedia — 😃 Home of Emoji Meanings 💁👌🎍😍

🚯 Absolutely no negative names or icons will be added. Please keep this thread clean and professional. If you don't have something positive to contribute I really don't want to hear it.

As an example, I've already added a badge for our top donators, and you can see the badge here: Badges

I've also added an example badge which you can see under my Admin/Moderator Bars in my Postbit area.

Last edited:
We are going to be adding some icons that people can add to their profile and that show up under their usernames. We are interested in hearing from the users what different icons they would want and the label to go with them.

As an example we could have an icon that says Far Left or Far Right, Liberal, Democrat, Republican, etc.. in addition, you'll need to pick with emoji you want to go with the label. You can find a list of the icons that are available here: 📙 Emojipedia — 😃 Home of Emoji Meanings 💁👌🎍😍

🚯 Absolutely no negative names or icons will be added. Please keep this thread clean and professional. If you don't have something positive to contribute I really don't want to hear it.

As an example, I've already added a badge for our top donators, and you can see the badge here: Badges

I've also added an example badge which you can see under my Admin/Moderator Bars in my Postbit area.
this is the icon that democrats on this board should have ...:gay:

How about "USMB Original Gangster"? Or something for us old schoolers. I figure anyone with a decade old account or older at USMB deserves some kind of tag. :dunno:

We don‘t need no stinking Badges

1694550041089.jpeg

You should make the donation badges more competitive. Make a special one just for the number one donator. Make a top 3 and a top 10 version. Make a special subforum for people that have donated to the site.

Play on our vanity a little bit.

You should make the donation badges more competitive. Make a special one just for the number one donator. Make a top 3 and a top 10. Make a special subforum for people that have donated to the site.

Those are some good ideas! I may do that...

How about a nationality icon as well as badges.
We have so many people on this forum who behave as if they have US citizenship but absolutely do not.
Where I'm not opposed to listening to those outside of the USA on various topics and gaining a different perspective on the topics... the true origin of the opinion does matter quite often. And there are many who are very disingenuous with their opinions.

Just saying it would be very enlightening.

🔜 for those sick of the pointless bickering, and would just as soon bring this whole thing to its inevitable conclusion...

Does the icon have to come from your link? Would this work?

If not, then i guess a crown from your link?

The icons need to be sized properly and have a transparent background. So they need to be PNG format with a clear background. I know anything at that Emoji site I can use... if people start sending badges from everywhere I'll be doing graphics work all day and I'm trying to avoid that.

Forum List

Back