Bad news for TV viewers

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hours after the WGA strike ended on Wednesday at 12:01am PST, all four of the major late-night talk shows hosted by Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers, and Stephen Colbert announced they'd be back on the air by Monday.

As for HBO, Real Time with Bill Maher will be the first to return this Friday night and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver will be back this Sunday night.

Fallon, Kimmel, Meyers, Colbert, and Oliver had teamed up during the 148 days of the strike to launch a limited Spotify podcast series called Strike Force 5, and they released a combined statement on social media Wednesday.

Comment:
Left Wing hate dominates network TV.
I stopped watching network TV over ten years ago.
It would be nice if there were something for mainstream people to watch.

It would be nice if there were something for mainstream people to watch.

R.26711d012619229289323590434e80f2

I like international shows on NetFlix. Usually have to read CC. Indian, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Norway etc. all have good ones. But, I can spend a long time searching.

I like NFL redzone..........hours w/o a single commercial. I get that none thru Cable I barely look at. If I do it is something others like. 90 Day fiancee. If it is just me.........LW TV is on MUTE mostly. I glance up when no commericials. I can spend a long time searching.

What else can one do? After working all day? Eating dinner? No kids around?
Work on a hobby? Read? Fix something? Take a walk in the woods? Call or text a family member or a close friend? Play a musical instrument? Sleep? Do research on the web? Bake a lasagna? Mow the lawn? Take a shower? Shoot at cans in the back yard with a pellet rifle? Buy or sell something on eBay? Do laundry? God, I could go on and on....

TV just doesn't hold my attention much anymore. Once in awhile I'll watch some old show, usually streaming on Pluto or something like that. But it's not a regular thing.

Forum List

Back