Writers strike

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
The Writers Guild of America (WGA) is officially going on strike today, Tuesday, May 2, and late-night talk shows will be the first to feel the impact of the walk-out.

Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert will all go dark as of Tuesday. Other late-night live programming, such as Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Daily Show, Saturday Night Live, Real Time with Bill Maher, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, will also be hit, although final decisions on those shows are expected to be made later this week.

This marks the first WGA strike in 15 years and will see more than 9000 writers walk out, with picketing beginning on Tuesday afternoon. The previous writers’ strike in 2007 lasted for 100 days, costing the industry around $2bn.

Comment:
I won't miss them.

It would be a great thing if more workers struck.

I wonder..........can WE strike writers?????

GrandAnnualBarb-max-1mb.gif

The Writers Guild of America (WGA) is officially going on strike today, Tuesday, May 2, and late-night talk shows will be the first to feel the impact of the walk-out.

Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert will all go dark as of Tuesday. Other late-night live programming, such as Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Daily Show, Saturday Night Live, Real Time with Bill Maher, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, will also be hit, although final decisions on those shows are expected to be made later this week.

This marks the first WGA strike in 15 years and will see more than 9000 writers walk out, with picketing beginning on Tuesday afternoon. The previous writers’ strike in 2007 lasted for 100 days, costing the industry around $2bn.

Comment:
I won't miss them.

So, we won't lose anything useful.
Thanks.

In Hollywood's pre covid hey day when they were enjoying the Trump economy they did what big tech big pharma and big government did and over hired.... now since their guy Biden has ruined the economy they have to make huge cuts in employees and benefits....
We tried to warn them.....

The best possible group in the world to come up with kick ass chants for the picketers, but nobody has done anything like that. They are missing a great opportunity.

Comment:
I won't miss them.
I won’t either except maybe for Gutfeld!

Comment:
I won't miss them.
The talk show host are proof the Writers deserve less money. These host are awful the Woke jokes they tell fall flat.

The Hollywood writers have been failing for at least a decade. All the new shows that come up suck and each movie is just a reboot or sequel. In all they produce garbage.

Actors are striking as well because the child prostitutes aren't being provided anymore.

So....
I'm uncaring and unconcerned about a bunch of pedophiles wanting more money.

I've never noticed they were on strike. Doesn't matter, the Brits aren't on strike, and they provide some good content.

They haven't been on strike for the past couple years and everything sucked anyway so who cares?

The vast majority of good shows or movies I've seen the past couple years came from other countries.

That's why I love the tubi app on my firestick. Has a shit ton of tv shows and movies from the 70s to the 90s, all free with ads that are easily tolerable. Plus I have a nice dvd/Blu ray/4k collection from the past when there was good stuff to watch.

I hope Hollywood crashes so it can be rebuilt by people who just want to make good stuff.

Forum List

Back