Writers strike

It is so precious when people get all self-righteous over something that does not matter one shit. What will the writers' strike do, exactly? Prevent the release of another 10 or so rehashed movies? Maybe delay the premier of a handful of additional reality tv series? Who gives a shit?

They haven't been on strike for the past couple years and everything sucked anyway so who cares?

The vast majority of good shows or movies I've seen the past couple years came from other countries.

That's why I love the tubi app on my firestick. Has a shit ton of tv shows and movies from the 70s to the 90s, all free with ads that are easily tolerable. Plus I have a nice dvd/Blu ray/4k collection from the past when there was good stuff to watch.

I hope Hollywood crashes so it can be rebuilt by people who just want to make good stuff.
Tubi has a good selection of older crime TV and murder mystery movies as does Plex , Crackle and Freevee. I rarely watch new stuff. It’s just not good.

It is so precious when people get all self-righteous over something that does not matter one shit. What will the writers' strike do, exactly? Prevent the release of another 10 or so rehashed movies? Maybe delay the premier of a handful of additional reality tv series? Who gives a shit?
Exactly. They aren’t producing anything worth watching.

We don't often agree, so I figure it's worthwhile to note when we do.

Most of the money for films and shows is not in Hollywood anymore....it's in Netflix and other independent internet outlets. MSM doesn't have the money anymore. The era of blockbusters in the theaters is over....too many "gatekeepers " with arbitrary and whacked out demands to pass for a decent film to get through anymore (one reason for all of the "MESSAGE " crap instead of entertaining content)

However....Amazon prime and Netflix only have one rule....BE WATCHED. That's it....that people watch what has been produced and that it be cost efficient.

Producing in Brazil? Not a problem.
Producing in Philipines? Piece of cake.

These will produce anything anywhere inexpensive. No big name (expensive pedophile)actors/actresses need apply.

Forum List

Back