Bad news for climate religionists

Were we in an ice age in 1850? Yes

Since then temperatures have risen at an unprecedented rate due to human GHG emissions. They will rise even further and human infrastructure and human resource control will suffer as a result. Millions will be forced to relocate. We are going to suffer shortages of drinking and irrigation water. Food shortages will result. People are going to die from it.

Will we still be in an ice age? Yes. So... does it matter? Did it matter? Will it matter? No, no and no.

Hey, can I borrow your crystal ball? I want to take it down to the pony tracks.

That's your response? Are you going to make any attempt to explain why being in an ice age is pertinent to a discussion of AGW?

Maybe becaause by the the historical record, its already overdue??? Duhhhhhh

Swim thinks we're in an ice age because it's cold at his house.

False. Swim knows that we are in an ice age, because Swim knows what an ice age is; A prolonged geological period of markedly low global temperatures causing permanent ice sheets in parts of the world.

That's your response? Are you going to make any attempt to explain why being in an ice age is pertinent to a discussion of AGW?

By the Milankovitch cycles, it's not due for another 10,000 years.

And even were it overdue, what bearing does that have on AGW? Are you two conceding AGW but contending that the a glacial period will cancel its effects?

And even were it overdue, what bearing does that have on AGW? Are you two conceding AGW but contending that the a glacial period will cancel its effects?

One day, when you grow up, you might have the chance to go to college. If you do, you might take introductory psychology. Where you'll have the chance to learn about critical thinking. If that day ever comes, you'll hear about an important component of critical thinking: Consider other alternatives. If that day does come, think back to this thread. You might finally understand the point.

True,

That is why the long term trend has been slowly cooling over the 5,000 years. Every single one of the inner-glacierals do this.

True,

That is why the long term trend has been slowly cooling over the 5,000 years. Every single one of the inner-glacierals do this.

Interglacial. Such the educated and knowledgeable meteorologist you are.

I think I'd rather have global warming than gobal cooling, not that I get to vote.

By the Milankovitch cycles, it's not due for another 10,000 years.

Most of the interglacial warm periods have been less than 5 or 10K years before seeing a 2 or 4degC drop from peak warmth.. Going by the charts, either the ice cores measurements aren't a good timeclock or thermometer -- or we're pushing our luck by a couple 1,000 years right now..

New study says -- the Milankovitch cycles NEVER DID Perfectly predict the interglacials. Only by factoring in Solar proxies do they get a good match to the periods and feature widths.

Forget what we "think".. Are you too stupid to know that a descent of 4degC leveling off at -8 or 10degC WILL bury that 1degC of CO2 warming that you're all worked up about??

True,

They eventually drop 3 or 4 degC in less than a millenia. That's less than 0.03degC/dec..
So you might believe our burning obsession is trying to hold this back. You better PRAY for more Global Warming if that's the case..

Global warming is a natural process that happens on this planet.

AGW is a religious farce.

CO2 does NOT drive climate, never has.

So if the AGW want to discuss/debate use facts and not religious dogma.

Next glacial period

See also: Milankovitch cycles
Since orbital variations are predictable,[2] computer models that relate orbital variations to climate can predict future climate possibilities. Two caveats are necessary: that anthropogenic effects (global warming) are likely to exert a larger influence over the short term; and that the mechanism by which orbital forcing influences climate is not well understood. Work by Berger and Loutre suggests that the current warm climate may last another 50,000 years.[3]

References

2. ^ F. Varadi, B. Runnegar, M. Ghil (2003). "Successive Refinements in Long-Term Integrations of Planetary Orbits". The Astrophysical Journal 592: 620–630. Bibcode:2003ApJ...592..620V. doi:10.1086/375560.
3. ^ Berger A, Loutre MF (2002). "Climate: An exceptionally long interglacial ahead?". Science 297 (5585): 1287–8. doi:10.1126/science.1076120. PMID 12193773.

Forum List

Back