Axelrod: “There’s this reign of terror going on in the Republican Party”

AXELROD They have had a policy of obstruction from the day the president arrived. When the president is reelected, it will be a rejection of the politics of obstruction. There’s this reign of terror going on in the Republican Party.

spot on

Let me ask you a question, coward: If the GOP proposed a bill making nationwide voter ID a requirement for voting in all national elections, wouldn't the Democratic Party try to obstruct its passage?
Simply stated, when a Congressman is called to vote on legislation he feels would be damaging to the Country, or in violation to the Constitution, it is his sworn duty to obstruct its passage.
See how that works? You believe there should be no proof of eligibility required to vote, so you obstruct passage of laws that would require same.
I believe that the wealthy or anyone else for that matter, should not be taxed at a higher rate to pay for health care for those who don't have health insurance. The GOP obstructs bills that would make that law, because that's what the voters sent them to Congress to do.

Yeah, what a great America loving attitude! :mad: Again it's party over country. I'm not voting for Obama, but at least like most Americans I gave the guy a chance. McConnell clearly put party over country before Obama even took office.
Does any one have a clue where America would be today if Republicans and Democrats acted like they actually cared more about there country than their worthless parties?
I would care to bet that America would be standing economically more secure.
In times of crisis politcs should get thrown out the window just like it did after 9/11 and every other crisis this country has faced.

spare us the sermon...a lot of people who saw the ENEXPERICED community agitator get elected made the same vow..

You are an idiot!

The Republican lead Congress has passed 27 jobs bills and the Democratic controlled Senate has tabled everyone of them.

Stop with the huffington post, media matters and DNC talking points and think for yourself.

Fact is you numbnutted puke, every political party wants "their " guy to win the presidency.

27 job bills ... and none of you can name any? You can't name one and show how it would help the economy?

I expect an apology when you are proven wrong.

Ok. I'm sorry I said the GOP hasn't voted in favour of any. In March of this year they voted in favour of their first and only bill that would help create jobs. The other 15 you mention are all about de-regulating industry or expanding permits for drilling. None of which would lead to job creation.

Now, I'm sure you will disagree with me, and that's fine, so feel free to explain to us all how de-regulating industries will spur those industries to hire more workers.

You want me to prove something didn't happen?

That's not how life works. If you think the GOP passed jobs bills, then the onus is one you to prove it.

JOBS Act passes Congress, heads to Obama

The ‘Forgotten 15′ GOP Jobs Bills

And from the Huffington Post:

JOBS Act: Small Business Bill Passes In Congress

Now why would you go and throw facts in the face of DBS's fantasy?

Unlike you, when faced with new and correct information I alter my opinion and my view.

As I have already stated, I was wrong to say the GOP has not voted in favour of any jobs bills. They have in fact voted in favour of one.

Oh God Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! Thank you Mitch McConnell, anyone but Obama!!! :eusa_clap:

Yeah, what a great America loving attitude! :mad: Again it's party over country. I'm not voting for Obama, but at least like most Americans I gave the guy a chance. McConnell clearly put party over country before Obama even took office.
Does any one have a clue where America would be today if Republicans and Democrats acted like they actually cared more about there country than their worthless parties?
In times of crisis politcs should get thrown out the window just like it did after 9/11 and every other crisis this country has faced.

spare us the sermon...a lot of people who saw the ENEXPERICED community agitator get elected made the same vow..

And McConell,,is a special interest whore just like the rest of the slugs in Washington,,and that's different?
By the way, most American feel the way I do. I'll take my love for my country over your love for your party any day and so would most Americans.
Also,,sermon? No, I'm just stating the American people's view, not a partisan hack's view.

27 job bills ... and none of you can name any? You can't name one and show how it would help the economy?

Ok. I'm sorry I said the GOP hasn't voted in favour of any. In March of this year they voted in favour of their first and only bill that would help create jobs. The other 15 you mention are all about de-regulating industry or expanding permits for drilling. None of which would lead to job creation.

Now, I'm sure you will disagree with me, and that's fine, so feel free to explain to us all how de-regulating industries will spur those industries to hire more workers.

if only they had the class that you just demostraited

No sir it's country over obama-nation. Compromise that does less damage, is still damaging.
Carrying this to an absurd level, suppose party "A" proposed legislation ordering the military to execute all registered members of party "B". This would be stupid, dangerous and unconstitutional legislation, but "compromise" would be to pass a final bill that killed half of party "A" and half of party "B".
Any :compromise" that compromises human rights or ethics is wrong. I would much rather see nothing get done than the wrong thing be done half way.

There is a reign of terror and it is mostly party leaders VS republican house members. Every one of them knows that independent action is an impossibility, all of their actions must be directed against the president and stalling the economy or the rest will fall on them like a pack of rabid hyenas.

Obama ate dog and blamed ATM.

Are you stupid?

He really did!

How about blaming the gas crisis on not enough air in your tires. Or telling the man with a large family to buy a hybrid van when there are no hybrid vans!

We don't forget.

A very logical and common sense thing to do.

Didn't your daddy ever teach you that you get much better gas mileage if your tires are properly inflated?

In fact, there's currently a TV commercial showing with the "Dirty Jobs" star on it, talking about properly inflated tires to get better gas mileage.

Is it only rw's who don't know this?

De-regulating industry and expanding permits for drilling certainly does afffect jobs being created.

And for the willfully ignorant I will offer an explanation.

Burdensome and expensive government regulation strangles businesses so we need to eliminate restraints on the "free market" and employers will start hiring.

if only they had the class that you just demostraited

If only you could spell.

De-regulating industry and expanding permits for drilling certainly does afffect jobs being created.

Burdensome and expensive government regulation strangles businesses so we need to eliminate restraints on the "free market" and employers will start hiring.

It's amazing that some people DON'T see this...they are so regulation happy they don't understand the DAMAGE it does to US ALL, but especially BUSINESS

Voters sent Republicans to Washington in 2010 because the economy wasn't improving fast enough and the GOP promised "Jobs. Jobs. Jobs." Instead, the GOP has voted against women and against Health Care Reform. 33 times against Health Care reform, to be precise. They have never voted in favour of any jobs program in the year and a half they have been in office.

Prior to that, the GOP set an all-time record for filibusters and threats of filibusters.

High ranking GOP officials are on record saying that their number one goal is to have a GOP President after this next election.

Calling them obstructionists is being nice.

You are an idiot!

The Republican lead Congress has passed 27 jobs bills and the Democratic controlled Senate has tabled everyone of them.

Stop with the huffington post, media matters and DNC talking points and think for yourself.

Fact is you numbnutted puke, every political party wants "their " guy to win the presidency.

Here they are:

Below is a list of measures House Republicans have passed related to job creation:

Empower small business owners and reduce regulatory burdens:

H.R. 872, the Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act

• Introduced by Rep. Bob Gibbs (OH) on March 2, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 292-130 on March 31, 2011

• Senate has taken no action to date

H.R. 910, the Energy Tax Prevention Act

• Introduced by Rep. Fred Upton (MI) on March 3, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 255-172 on April 7, 2011

H.R. 37, a Resolution of disapproval regarding the FCC's regulation of the Internet and broadband industry practices

• Introduced by Rep. Greg Walden (OR) on February 16, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 240 to 179 on April 8, 2011

H.R. 72, a Resolution to direct committees to inventory and review existing, pending, and proposed regulations and order from agencies of the federal government, particularly with respect to their effect on jobs and economic growth

• Introduced by Rep. Pete Sessions (TX) on February 8, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 391 to 28 on February 11, 2011

• The Senate has not directed their committees to take such action

Maximize domestic energy production to ensure an energy policy for the twenty-first century:

H.R. 1230, Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act

• Introduced by Rep. Doc Hastings (WA) on March 29, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 266-149 on May 5, 2011

H.R. 1229, Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act

• Passed the House by a vote of 263-163 on May 11, 2011

H.R. 1231, Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act

• Passed the House by a vote of 243-179 on May 12, 2011

Pay down America's unsustainable debt burden and start living within our means:

H.Con.Res. 34, a Resolution establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021

• Introduced by Rep. Paul Ryan (WI) on April 11, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 235-193 on April 15, 2011

• Senate has not yet considered a budget of their own

This is just a few from last year. Let alone all the ones from this year.

Obama ate dog and blamed ATM.

Are you stupid?

He really did!

How about blaming the gas crisis on not enough air in your tires. Or telling the man with a large family to buy a hybrid van when there are no hybrid vans!

We don't forget.

A very logical and common sense thing to do.

Didn't your daddy ever teach you that you get much better gas mileage if your tires are properly inflated?

In fact, there's currently a TV commercial showing with the "Dirty Jobs" star on it, talking about properly inflated tires to get better gas mileage.

Is it only rw's who don't know this?

You're missing the point. Which is understandable for a person in your condition.

Obama said. “Making sure your tires are properly inflated – simple thing. But we could save all the oil that they’re talking about getting off drilling – if everybody was just inflating their tires? And getting regular tune-ups? You’d actually save just as much!”

So that’s his energy plan... inflate your tires and get regular tune-ups.

Now come on Peach... how could this...
H.R. 72, a Resolution to direct committees to inventory and review existing, pending, and proposed regulations and order from agencies of the federal government, particularly with respect to their effect on jobs and economic growth
...possibly have anything to do with jobs?

Or this...
H.R. 1230, Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act

Now I KNOW this one couldn't have been job related...
H.R. 1229, Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act

/end sarcasm

It's amazing that some people DON'T see this...they are so regulation happy they don't understand the DAMAGE it does to US ALL, but especially BUSINESS

People see just fine, deregulation is no guarantee of a single job, especially in the short term, and more oil production is no guarantee of anything when it takes years to bring a field to production.

Steph, claiming something will happen is not the same as showing how it will happen. If there are less regulations on a business, that business will become more profitable, sure. But then if they're more profitable, why would they hire more workers and raise their costs and lower their profits? None of you are addressing this.

People see just fine, deregulation is no guarantee of a single job, especially in the short term, and more oil production is no guarantee of anything when it takes years to bring a field to production.

Your ignorance is showing.

Oil production IS from the well to the refinery. More wells being drilled means more logistical needs from motels, restaurants to transportation. Not to mention the material needed and the means of getting material to jobsites. Fact is there area lot of jobs affected by the oil industry.

Steph, claiming something will happen is not the same as showing how it will happen. If there are less regulations on a business, that business will become more profitable, sure. But then if they're more profitable, why would they hire more workers and raise their costs and lower their profits? None of you are addressing this.
Yet Keynesian witch doctors do so all day every day. :lol:

Forum List

Back