Athiests Lie, The Bible Tells the Truth

Which contradictions would that be?
I already gave you one that you failed to rebut, though you tried.
Here is another:
Ge 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
You aren’t GT.
Thank you for admitting you can't rebut this contradiction either.
I couldn’t be happier for you to see it that way. It seems important to you.
Lying suits you. Praise God!
Seriously, I am. I believe everyone should be able to experience their predictable surprises.

Widely is varied but varied is not necessarily widely.
Yes, obviously so
I fail to see how precision relates to loving your fellow man.
That makes two of us. But being precise could help determine whether or not a biblical "giant" could actually exist.
Who knows and why does it matter?
Well, glad you asked. According to Wikipedia anyway,
The cubit is an ancient unit of length that had several definitions according to each of the various different cultures that used the unit. These definitions ranged between 444 mm and 529.2 mm.
17.5 to 20.8 inches. A difference of 3.3 inches. Meaning the entire historical variance in the length of the cubit, regardless of culture or context, amounts to 16% at most. Now, would varying the height of Goliath 16% make him more of a possibility? 9.9 feet less 16% = 8.3 feet. That would be Mini Goliath. Maxi Goliath would be 11.5 feet by the way.

Yes, obviously so
That makes two of us. But being precise could help determine whether or not a biblical "giant" could actually exist.
The cubit is an ancient unit of length that had several definitions according to each of the various different cultures that used the unit. These definitions ranged between 444 mm and 529.2 mm.
17.5 to 20.8 inches. A difference of 3.3 inches. Meaning the entire historical variance in the length of the cubit, regardless of culture or context, amounts to 16% at most. Now, would varying the height of Goliath 16% make him more of a possibility? 9.9 feet less 16% = 8.3 feet. That would be Mini Goliath. Maxi Goliath would be 11.5 feet by the way.
Excellent point. Apparently he was a big dude. 8.3 feet would be on far right side of the distribution. Not impossible.

Actually, Goliath may have been short for his race.

You had no clue to what I just said, do you, Mr Theolgian?

Uh, no, dummy, the Bible said he was a giant.

Keep in mind that in ancient times the length of a cubit varied widely. It was usually the measurement taken from the length of elbow to the end of the middle finger. It was not always the standard twenty-one inches.

Yes, the apologists always have ridiculous excuses for the silliness in the bible.
Uh, no, dummy, the Bible said he was a giant.

Average height in 1700AD was 5-4. What was it in 1700BC?

In my humble opinion.
:popcorn:

Their line of reasoning turns out to be a joke!

======================
Atheistic thinking is heavily based on the term evidence. They are educated or rather indoctrinated to think that evidence should be the way in confirming a truth. However this is not true in reality. Evidence, other than science, comes scarcely that humans (in majority) don't actually rely on evidence to approach a truth. They rely on faith instead to get to a truth. This is where the flaw of atheistic thinking is, due mainly to the indoctrination of secular education.

Science can be evidenced simply because science is always about a phenomenon which can repeat (infinitive number of times) for humans to do their speculations/observations unlimited number of times. This kind of repeatable truth (i.e., scientific truth) is a very narrow and limited set of truth. Our secular education however mistakenly treats it as the norm of what a truth is. That's why we (atheists that is) keep asking for evidence in backing a up claim in order for it to be considered a truth.

In reality, we can't even back one out of the million meals we ever had with evidence. It is because "what we ate" is not something which can be repeatable as a science is. 7 billion humans (not to count those already died) can't even back up one of his past meals with evidence. That's how insignificant evidence is. We don't practically approach a fact of this kind (not repeatable) with evidence. We approach it with faith instead. You simply tell us what you ate such that we can believe with faith to know what you ate. What we actually examine is your credibility and reliability instead of evidence. If you are a friend I can trust, I swallow it right away without a second thought. This flash of a second in getting to a truth is the efficiency of what faith is, in terms of approaching a truth (i.e., what you said about what you ate)!

Do we have an alternative way to get to know what you ate? Unfortunately we don't. Science/evidence etc. won't tell what you ate, say, on Jul 11, 2012. Someone wrote down what you ate that day and for others to believe with faith, that remains the only way we could possibly know what you ate.
===============

2 Thessalonians 2:11 (NIV2011)
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

The term "evidence" is the delusion for atheists to perish. The Bible seems to tell the truth!

Last edited:
Excellent point. Apparently he was a big dude. 8.3 feet would be on far right side of the distribution. Not impossible.
Indeed. 8.3 feet (8' + 3.6") tall being the absolute minimum height of biblical Goliath. So yes, remotely possible, yet not Joe's point.
For three years in a row, Sultan Kosen has been named the world's tallest living man by Guinness World Records. Interestingly, he's earned this lofty distinction at three different heights. Even more fascinating, in the last three months, the 29-year-old Turkish man has only recently stopped growing thanks to receiving state-of-the-art treatment in the U.S.

Kosen first entered the record books at 8 feet 1 inch; at his next measurement, he was listed as 8 feet 2 inches, and now he's achieved his ultimate adult height at 8 feet 3 inches.

{...snip...}

"As he was growing taller and taller, he kept getting sicker and sicker," says Dr. Jason Sheehan, a neurosurgeon at the University of Virginia Health System, who also treated Kosen. "He had a very aggressive tumor involving the base of his skull and brain that was in a very difficult location to remove," he explains.

It seems being this tall comes at a steep price. "The human body and heart is not well designed for a person who is 8 (feet) tall," points out Sheehan.

As a result, Kosen's skeletal frame was so big that his joints, bones and muscles were weak in relation to his height. He has joint problems and can't walk without crutches. He had visual problems because the pituitary tumor got so big it was pressing on the nerves of his eyes.
So even the current tallest man doesn't quite measure up and couldn't even walk without tremendous medical assistance. So what are the odds that such a Goliath ever actually existed and fought some guy named David?

Yes, obviously so
Indeed. 8.3 feet (8' + 3.6") tall being the absolute minimum height of biblical Goliath. So yes, remotely possible, yet not Joe's point.
For three years in a row, Sultan Kosen has been named the world's tallest living man by Guinness World Records. Interestingly, he's earned this lofty distinction at three different heights. Even more fascinating, in the last three months, the 29-year-old Turkish man has only recently stopped growing thanks to receiving state-of-the-art treatment in the U.S.

Kosen first entered the record books at 8 feet 1 inch; at his next measurement, he was listed as 8 feet 2 inches, and now he's achieved his ultimate adult height at 8 feet 3 inches.

{...snip...}

"As he was growing taller and taller, he kept getting sicker and sicker," says Dr. Jason Sheehan, a neurosurgeon at the University of Virginia Health System, who also treated Kosen. "He had a very aggressive tumor involving the base of his skull and brain that was in a very difficult location to remove," he explains.

It seems being this tall comes at a steep price. "The human body and heart is not well designed for a person who is 8 (feet) tall," points out Sheehan.

As a result, Kosen's skeletal frame was so big that his joints, bones and muscles were weak in relation to his height. He has joint problems and can't walk without crutches. He had visual problems because the pituitary tumor got so big it was pressing on the nerves of his eyes.
So even the current tallest man doesn't quite measure up and couldn't even walk without tremendous medical assistance. So what are the odds that such a Goliath ever actually existed and fought some guy named David?

A cubit is the length from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow.

If people were very small the cubit would have been shorter and so would any giant.

Do we have an alternative way to get to know what you ate? Unfortunately we don't. Science/evidence etc. won't tell what you ate, say, on Jul 11, 2012. Someone wrote down what you ate that day and for others to believe with faith, that remains the only way we could possibly know what you ate.
Hint: No one cares what you ate on Jul 11, 2012.
However, if you suddenly died today, suspiciously, many would likely care and if there was any question about your death being related to what you ate recently, your stomach contents would hopefully be examined scientifically...

If people were very small the cubit would have been shorter and so would any giant.
So you believe Wikipedia to be full of beans on the subject. Yes, faith generally does go hand in hand with pigheaded denial.

{...snip...}

It depends how you read the account. Clearly there was a battle which occurred. Clearly David defeated their biggest and baddest warrior and the Jews went on to victory.

Why does it matter what his exact height was? Does it change any of the facts above?

So you believe Wikipedia to be full of beans on the subject. Yes, faith generally does go hand in hand with pigheaded denial.

lol... no,

"The unit was based on the forearm length from the tip of the middle finger to the bottom of the elbow. Cubits of various lengths were employed in many parts of the world in antiquity, "

Cubit - Wikipedia

Pigheaded denial??? lol. don't be an asshole.

The simple answer is they probably just exaggerated a little when telling the story...Is that not believable?

Or do you need scientific evidence to prove that people exaggerate?

Last edited:

Faith is one of the most powerful tools that beings that know and create possess. You aren’t likely to succeed in something you don’t have faith in.

lol... no,

"The unit was based on the forearm length from the tip of the middle finger to the bottom of the elbow. Cubits of various lengths were employed in many parts of the world in antiquity, "

Cubit - Wikipedia

The simple answer is they probably just exaggerated a little when telling the story...
Why presume they just exaggerated "a little"? Read your own link which was my source as well. It absolutely refutes (does not support) your assertion that "If people were very small the cubit would have been shorter and so would any giant", yet you persist. That's denial for ya.

Faith is one of the most powerful tools that beings that know and create possess. You aren’t likely to succeed in something you don’t have faith in.
At least have the decency to put "religious" before "faith" here since that is clearly the context of this topic.
faith
fāTH/
noun

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"
    synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction; More
Is a different subject entirely.

lol... no,

Cubit - Wikipedia

The simple answer is they probably just exaggerated a little when telling the story...
Why presume they just exaggerated "a little"? Read your own link which was my source as well. It absolutely refutes (does not support) your assertion that "If people were very small the cubit would have been shorter and so would any giant", yet you persist. That's denial for ya.

Nonsense. A cubit according to my forearm is not the same as a cubit of my childs forearm. Not only that your source clearly states that the cubits of various lengths were used in antiquity..,

That supports my assertion.

Aside from that, evidence of possible exaggerations in a fantastical story intended to inspire and educate children is not evidence of a lie.

If you can't admit that you are the one in denial.

Why presume they exaggerated? To make a point, like in any children's story.

Nonsense. A cubit according to my forearm is not the same as a cubit
Say it.

lol,, my childs current height is about as tall as people got in antiquity.

say it yourself.

The unit was based on the forearm length from the tip of the middle finger to the bottom of the elbow. Cubits of various lengths were employed in many parts of the world in antiquity,

So what's your problem? Can't concede to a valid point? whats that about?

pigheaded denial?

Forum List

Back